Doctor in ompratibha chikitsalaya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for ompratibha chikitsalayaYour feedback matters!
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly.
Have you been coughing so often that it is intervening with your daily routine? Drop that bottle of cough syrup that gives you an instant relief but along with a feeling of drowsiness. Though coughing may appear to be a simple issue, it is very harassing and can lead to various severe problems. Ayurveda has the power to alleviate the suffering to a considerable degree. The Pranavaha Srotas show how the “vata” that controls the respiratory systems in the body can be balanced with Ayurvedic means so that you are relieved.
Symptoms and their mistreatments
There are two types of cough, one with the phlegm that’s termed as wet cough and creates congestion, due to which you are unable to breathe. The other type of cough is the dry one, which hurts your throat and forms a pressure on the chest area while you cough. Well, whether dry or wet, a simple disease related to coughing is powerful enough to deprive you of your night’s sleep. If you are a patient of bronchitis or any other respiratory disease like sinus, then you are required to deal with the nagging problem of cough.
Ayurveda offers a great way of relieving cough.
- Take honey: It is not feasible to gargle anywhere and everywhere and in such cases, you can have a spoonful of honey as it is believed to soothe the irritation in the throat area. If you have a particular tendency to cough during the night time, then a glassful of warm milk with some honey can relieve your suffering. Diabetic patients should avoid honey.
- Turmeric remedies: A traditional Indian remedy to alleviate soreness of the throat region is to drink hot milk mixed with honey. You may even opt for turmeric gargles where you will have to mix half teaspoon of turmeric along with the same quantity of table salt in a glassful of lukewarm water and gargle with it. To get rid of dry cough, alternately, you can mix some turmeric powder in a spoonful of honey and take it thrice in a day.
Allopathic and synthetic medicines are generally loaded with numerous side-effects including nausea and drowsiness. In the worst case, it may lead to dependence and addiction as well. Thus, embracing Ayurveda can help you get out of the ailment permanently.
Gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures. Gallbladder removal surgery is usually performed with minimally invasive techniques and the medical name for this procedure is Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy or Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal.
The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ that rests beneath the right side of the liver. Its main purpose is to collect and concentrate a digestive liquid (bile) produced by the liver. Bile is released from the gallbladder after eating, aiding digestion. Bile travels through narrow tubular channels (bile ducts) into the small intestine. Removal of the gallbladder is not associated with any impairment of digestion in most people.
What Causes Gallbladder Problems?
Gallbladder problems are usually caused by the presence of gallstones which are usually small and hard, consisting primarily of cholesterol and bile salts that form in the gallbladder or in the bile duct.
It is uncertain why some people form gallstones but risk factors include being female, prior pregnancy, age over 40 years and being overweight. Gallstones are also more common as you get older and some people may have a family history of gallstones. There is no known means to prevent gallstones.
These stones may block the flow of bile out of the gallbladder, causing it to swell and resulting in sharp abdominal pain, vomiting, indigestion and, occasionally, fever. If the gallstone blocks the common bile duct, jaundice (a yellowing of the skin) can occur.
- Ultrasound is most commonly used to find gallstones.
- In a few more complex cases, other X-ray test such as a CT scan or a gallbladder nuclear medicine scan may be used to evaluate gallbladder disease.
Gallstones do not go away on their own. Some can be temporarily managed by making dietary adjustments, such as reducing fat intake. This treatment has a low, short-term success rate. Symptoms will eventually continue unless the gallbladder is removed. Treatments to break up or dissolve gallstones are largely unsuccessful.
Surgical removal of the gallbladder is the time-honored and safest treatment of gallbladder disease.
What are the Advantages of Performing Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal?
- Rather than a five to seven inch incision, the operation requires only four small openings in the abdomen.
- Patients usually have minimal post-operative pain.
- Patients usually experience faster recovery than open gallbladder surgery patients.
- Most patients go home the same day of the surgery and enjoy a quicker return to normal activities.
Are you a Candidate?
Although there are many advantages to laparoscopic gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy), the procedure may not be appropriate for some patients who have severe complicated gallbladder disease or previous upper abdominal surgery. A thorough medical evaluation by your personal physician, in consultation with a surgeon trained in laparoscopy, can determine if laparoscopic gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy) is an appropriate procedure for you.
Anal breathing is the beginner’s version of Tao’s Qi Gong. It focuses on the lower portion of the body. Anal breathing helps young men and boys suffering from critical sex problems such as impotence and weak erection. The knowledge of anal breathing is passed by the Tao masters of China thousands of years ago. This method aims at enhancing the bio-energy flow from the conception vessel and Governor's vessel. Once the technique is mastered, it can fetch rich benefits to people suffering from sexual problems.
How is anal breathing done?
Tips to contract the muscles:
- Beginners have a tendency to contract the anal muscles harder than necessary. Hard contractions end up in doing more harm than good. With more practice, it is possible to master the procedure of contracting the tailbone-anus muscles thereby improving the quality of the erection.
- The pressure applied to the bladder should be very less. The pressure should be such that the relaxation and the expansion of the prostate and the PC muscles happen smoothly.
- In case a person possesses a weak prostate or PC muscle, it is advised that he consumes herbs such as the Patricia, Pyrrosia, dianthus etc.
Check the reservoir:
If the morning erection is no more felt or there is a feeling of fatigue in an individual, the testosterone percentage may be extremely low or non-existent. It is the testosterone that produces nitric oxide to empower erection. If testosterone is lagging in a person, it is advised that necessary measures are taken to build up testosterone levels in the body. This could be done by hormonal therapy, consumption of herbs, medications and such other ways.
Bloating is a condition in which the abdomen swells up and the affected person starts feeling uneasy. It affects both children and adults. Gas is a condition which is characterized by bloating, burping and pain in your abdomen. It usually forms when swallowed air reacts with the gases created by the stomach bacteria breaking down the undigested food in your large intestine. Excessive gas by itself can also lead to bloating of the stomach.
Gas can also cause a lot of problems if not treated on time, such as:
Acute and sudden abdominal pain.
Weight loss if gas formation or bloating becomes chronic.
Fainting can also be an early symptom of excessive gas build up.
Bleeding from the anus in severe cases.
Bloating and gas can be cured by homeopathic remedies:
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient in treating bloated abdomen. Sourced from natural substances, Homeopathic remedies are very beneficial in treating cases of bloatedness. Homeopathy provides complete recovery from bloatedness. The Homeopathic treatment for bloated abdomen is also of great help in releasing the wind from abdomen, thereby providing relief to the patient. The pain in the abdomen, burning and other associated symptoms also disappear with the use of natural Homeopathic medicines. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines for bloating and gas are:
Carbo-Vegetabilis: This is possibly the most commonly prescribed medication for common gas and bloating related disorders. This medication is effective in treating bloating and gas formation in the upper abdominal region. Symptoms where this medication may be prescribed include sour burping with a burning sensation, relief with passing wind and even slight difficulties in breathing.
Magnesium Phosphorus: An effective remedy if you are have pain in your lower abdomen due to the accumulation of gas. The pain might be a constant cramping pain or it may come and go. Hiccups and belching may also accompany the episodes of stomach pain.
Natrum Carbonicum: Some people have to stay on very restrictive diets for most of their lives due to the fear of gas and bloating. Certain food items may suddenly trigger the painful build up of gas and also cause bloating. Milk products can cause diarrhea with these people as well. Natrum Carbonicum works wonders in such cases.
Nux Vomica: If your bloating is caused by indigestion then Nux Vomica is one of the best options out there to correct this problem.
Pulsatilla – Neither commonly used medication, pulsatilla is use when you have slow digestive system and bloating is caused by eating sweet products such as ice-creams or cakes and fatty food in general.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for bloating and gas. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Why does it hurt during sex?
Painful intercourse can occur for a number of reasons – ranging from structural problems to psychological concerns. Women experience painful intercourse atleast once in their entire lifetime. The medical term for painful intercourse is dyspareunia. It is a persistent or recurrent genital pain that occurs just before, during or after intercourse. Physical causes of painful intercourse differ, depending on whether the pain occurs at entry or with deep thrusting. Also, certain emotional factors can also be probable causes of painful sex.
Pain during penetration may be associated with a range of factors:
1. Insufficient lubrication
Insufficient lubrication is caused by a drop in estrogen levels after menopause, after child birth or during breast feeding. Certain medications inhibit desire or arousal, decreasing lubrication and making sex painful. These include antidepressants, high blood pressure medications, sedatives and certain birth control pills.
2. Injury, trauma or irritation
3. Infection or skin disorder
Infection in the genital area or urinary tract can cause painful intercourse. Eczema or other skin problems in the genital area can also cause problem.
1. Certain illness and condition
2. Surgeries or medical treatment
1. Psychological problems
2. Stress and tension
You may have a million things to worry about in a day, but taking that tension to bed with you can lead to painful sex. Your pelvic floor muscle tightens in response to stress in your life. This can contribute to pain during intercourse.
3. History of sexual abuse
If you've had a history of some form of sexual abuse or are scared of sex, pain during intercourse because of your past experience(s) may be a possible cause for an unpleasant sexual experience in the present.
Impetigo is a skin disorder that is contagious in nature and primarily affects children; it is characterized by the appearance of red sores on the skin. The face, neck and the hands of a child are usually affected by this condition. This disorder tends to develop around the region where the diaper is worn by a child. It is caused by the bacteria; Staphylococcus Aureus and Streptococcus Pyogenes. The disorder is classified as:
- Bullous impetigo: It is a type of impetigo which is common among children below 2 years of age. The blisters initially appear on the body, legs and the arms.
- Impetigo Contagiosa: Another common form of impetigo, this is the most contagious of all the types. The symptoms show up as red sores around the mouth and the nose.
- Ecthyma: This is considered to be the most severe form of impetigo because it affects both the top and the lower layers of the skin. The blisters that form may later turn into ulcers or open sores.
In this disorder, red pus filled sores appear on the skin. Once they burst, they leave a yellow colored crust. The rashes will cause constant itching along with the appearance of swollen lymph nodes.
This condition occurs when the skin is infected by certain types of bacteria. This infection can occur in the following ways:
- Direct skin to skin contact
- Coming in contact with things that the affected person has had contact with
- Bites from certain insects and animals
- Skin injuries
The factors outlined below increase the risks of getting affected by this disorder:
- Being below 6 years of age increases the risks
- Certain skin conditions which have been irritating your skin
- Not following proper hygiene
- Being exposed to hot and humid climatic conditions
- Being diabetic
The treatment for this disorder depends on how severe the symptoms are. If the symptoms are mild then simple hygiene procedures can help with the symptoms.
- At home treatments: For mild symptoms, clean the area thoroughly multiple times. After washing, pat dry the skin and apply an antibiotic ointment on the area.
- Antibiotics: If the at home treatments do not work then you will require medications. Antibiotic creams are prescribed that are applied on the skin. Oral antibiotics may also be prescribed for severe symptoms.
The disorder can be prevented by following proper hygiene procedures. Wash your hands with antibacterial soap, use clean toiletries and keeping your fingernails short are some steps you can take.
Similar to blackheads are whiteheads, which develop on our skin. Both blackheads and whiteheads are caused due to clogged pores. However, as opposed to blackheads, whiteheads cannot be extracted by squeezing. Whiteheads are a form of acne that is referred to as closed comedo. They appear on the skin as small round white or light-coloured bumps. When excess oil is secreted in the skin, dead skin cells clog the pore area and block the pore opening, whiteheads are formed. Unlike blackheads that keep the pore open, whiteheads, on the other hand, block the pores.
Causes of whiteheads
Clogged pores are the prime reason that causes whiteheads, and they can occur due to any of the following reasons:
- Excessive oil secretion or sebum
- Hormonal changes occurring due to puberty, pregnancy, and menstruation
- Birth control pills
- Sweating and humidity
- Use of certain cosmetics or products that are harmful
- Eating excessive oily or greasy foods
- Genetic predisposition
Treatment of whiteheads
Over-the-counter (OTC) creams or prescribed medications by a dermatologist are the ideal treatments for whiteheads. Self-care and some preventive measures will also keep them at bay. OTC creams that contain salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol or sulphur may be helpful. With extreme conditions, oral medications like isotretinoin, or Accutane may be prescribed, but these come with potential side effects.
Practising some of the following preventive self-care measures will prevent formation of whiteheads:
Wash your skin twice daily with lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Don’t squeeze pimples.
- Practice caution while shaving.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Use oil-free skin products.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Opt for non-comedogenic or non-pore-clogging products.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing made of non-synthetic fabrics to let your skin breathe.
- Wash your hair regularly.
- Use fragrance-free water-based emollient for dry skin.
- Continue your skincare regimen.
Here are some remedies you can try to get rid of whiteheads:
- Baking soda scrub: Make a homemade scrub mixing one tsp. of baking soda with enough water to make a paste. Scrub it into the problem area. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Baking soda is a natural exfoliant and astringent that eradicates all impurities, which clog the pores. It also balances the oil production in the skin.
- Tea tree oil: Dab a cotton swab with tea tree oil and apply it on the whiteheads to prevent bacterial infection.
The above are just some measures to avoid whiteheads. If the problem persists, then it's time to seek medical assistance and schedule an appointment with a dermatologist to eradicate these pesky whiteheads.
Warts refer to a type of a deformity in the skin, which refers to the formation of a small, hard, benign growth on the surface of the skin. It is generally caused by a viral infection and results in a feeling of discomfort or pain. Sometimes they might also have tiny black specks on them. Warts usually form on the hands, feet, face and genitals, although they may appear on other parts of the body in some cases.
What causes the formation of warts?
Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family.This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the next. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
Following are the ways to treat warts:
- Vaccine - Sometimes your dermatologist may recommend the use of human papillomavirus (hpv) vaccine to successfully eliminate warts.
- Over-the-counter wart removers - Over-the-counter wart treatments containing salicylic acid (a type of fungicide) as an active ingredient are commonly used for effective removal of warts. These medications generally eliminate warts by removing the topmost layer of the skin, following the peel-off process.
- Immune therapy - When warts refuse to vanish after the use of all common treatments, this method is put into use. This type of treatment involves the use of medications or solutions, which strengthens your immune system so that it can repel warts. In this case your warts may be injected with an antigen or a solution or cream may be applied on them.
Proper rest and a sound sleep are prerequisites for keeping the physical and mental health in good shape. Difficulty to fall asleep or having a disturbed and interrupted sleep day after day can be a nightmare. In addition to the immense physical exhaustion and fatigue, insomnia can leave a person stressed out mentally which is bound to have an impact on their professional as well as personal lives and commitments. Over the last few years, incidences of insomnia have been rising at an alarming rate.
Insomnia does not always exhibit similar symptoms in all the affected individuals. In some, the condition may be short-term, lasting for a few days or weeks (Transient Insomnia). In some, the problem may appear on and off (Intermittent Insomnia). In extreme cases, insomnia and the associated discomfort may continue for months (Chronic Insomnia). In some instances, insomnia appears as a symptom associated with health conditions such as diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, heart ailments, GERD, to name a few. Severe stress and anxiety along with unhealthy dietary and lifestyle habits are also known to play a pivotal role resulting in insomnia.
The goodness of Unani in treating Insomnia
Unani is one of the ancient forms of medications that has gained immense worldwide appreciation due to its effectiveness in treating various threatening and complicated health conditions including insomnia. In case of Insomnia, the Unani treatment involves a combination of Dietotherapy, Regimental Therapy, and Pharmacotherapy. The main aim of the Unani treatment is to treat insomnia by restoring the balance between the four humors namely, Blood (Dum), Yellow bile (Safra), Phlegm (Balgham), and Black bile (Sauda). It is these four humors that not only nourish the body and the vital organs but also keeps the various health conditions at bay.
With Dietotherapy or Ilaj Bil Ghiza, the aim is to bring the necessary dietary changes to deal with insomnia. The daily intake of banana, walnuts, kale, lettuce leaves, sweet potatoes, herbal tea (especially Chamomile), grapefruits, turkey and red meat (in moderation), whole grains, go a long way to improve the condition of insomnia. People with insomnia should, however, try and avoid processed foods, cheese, pork, aerated, caffeinated and alcoholic drinks, as much as possible. Unani also suggests that the dinner should be light and taken at least 2-3 hours before going to sleep.
Pharmacotherapy or Ilaj Bil Dawa involves the use of Unani medicine to alleviate the discomfort. Some of the medicines often used in treating insomnia includes:
- Rogan Kaddo
- Rogan Badaam
- Hareera Magaz Badaam
- Exercise (Riyazat)
- Massages (Dalk)
- Leeching (Taleeq-e-Alaq)
- Venesection (Fasd)
- Turkish bath (Hammam)