Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Guwahati iass. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasanta Kalita Kalita
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanta Kalita KalitaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old male having AAPD (anxiety avoidant personality disorder) Can you give me some guidance how to deal with this.
Brain health is essential for people of all ages. And, in recent times MIND and DASH are considered the two most popular approaches that are leading the way for a diet that is required for maintaining the brain health. MIND stands for Mediterranean Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay, whereas DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension.
As per the recent research conducted, it has been observed that the DASH can successfully lower the pressure of blood in the body and reduce the risk of diseases, such as heart and diabetes, etc. However, in order to boost the brain health, they combined the Mediterranean diet DASH diet.
Here is a list of 8 diet changes that can boost the brain health without having to take any other brain supplements:
- Leafy green vegetables: Leafy vegetables are the tried and tested source of natural brain tonic. Vegetables such as spinach, kale, collard greens and arugula should be thoroughly washed and chopped. They can be consumed with salads, pasta, and soups.
- Pulses: Pulses such as lentils, beans and peas can be consumed with salads to maintain brain health. Alternatively, they can be consumed along with burgers to give it a twist. They can also be used to make patties. A mixture of black beans, onions and peppers can be mashed along with some spices to form the main entrée of the patties.
- Whole grains: A batch of brown rice, quinoa, oats or faro can be prepared and consumed to upgrade brain health, as grains are rich in fiber and also keep your stomach full for a longer time. Whole grain can be prepared in batches so that they can be consumed throughout the week along with salad and soup.
- Home-made snacks: A quick meal of walnuts, pumpkin, almonds and pistachios can serve as a quick snack during long drives and small breaks in between meetings. A small portion of these snacks will not only boost brain health but also gives a sense of fulfillment.
- Berries: Frozen berries are known to be extremely beneficial for brain health. They can be mixed with smoothies and consumed during breakfast or in the form of snacks, as well. Berries are a nice addition to oatmeal as well.
- Olive oil: The butter or the refined oil can be traded with olive oil while preparing vegetables and meats. It can also be used as a base for homemade vinaigrettes. Olive oil serves the purpose of maintaining good health and hardly, has any side effects on the body.
- Poultry items: One can become a lot creative when it comes to consuming poultry items. Chicken breasts for instance, when cooked with garlic and onion in a pressure cooker, can be a real agent for maintaining brain health. One can add some flavor and consume it along with sandwiches and salads.
- Fish: It is advisable to consume one fish every week. Also, amongst all the fishes Salmon is known to be the best for brain health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!