Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Divya RainaYour feedback matters!
My wife is 56 years old, obess, having severe pain in her heals for the last one month. Please suggest remedy.
Dyspepsia is a disorder of the stomach that is characterized by pain in the upper part of the stomach. It is not a single disorder, but is a collection of symptoms such as nausea, burping and bloating. It results when the acid of the stomach comes in contact with the mucosa of the digestive tract. These acids cause a breakdown of the mucosa leading to inflammation and irritation, which leads to indigestion. It may also result from eating disorders or certain medications.
The symptoms of this disorder tend to occur mostly after consuming food and drink. In some cases, the symptoms tend to go away after eating or drinking. The symptoms of dyspepsia are:
- You may feel bloated on a regular basis
- You may experience discomfort in your stomach
- Loss of appetite
- You may experience constant burping
- You may feel nauseous
- Symptoms of heartburn
- You may also experience chest pain and breathing difficulties
- You may be affected by jaundice
The various causes of dyspepsia are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome, which hampers the movement of food through the intestines
- If you are unable to properly digest dairy products
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease that results in reflux of the acids of the stomach
- Any inflammation of the gall bladder
- Various medicines such as aspirin, steroids and antibiotics may lead to dyspepsia
- If you suffer from depression or anxiety then it may lead to dyspepsia
- Excess consumption of chocolate, coffee and alcohol
Dyspepsia may be controlled by modifying your lifestyle. Some of the changes that you may make are:
- Don't sleep immediately after eating, wait for at least two hours before you go to bed
- Avoid spicy foods as they tend to aggravate symptoms of dyspepsia
- Space out your meals, eat multiple smaller meals instead of few large ones
- Restrict smoking and alcohol consumption
- Lose weight as being overweight may lead to dyspepsia
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy and maintain optimal weight levels
Sunflower oil vs groundnut oil- which oil should you cook your daily meals in?
Both, sunflower and groundnut oil are preferred for cooking by chefs and homemakers alike due to their ability to enhance the flavour of the food. But which one of them is a healthier choice? Here’s a comparative analysis of the benefits offered by both oils to help you decide, which one you should be using for cooking.
1. Fat content
There’s no clear winner here. Sunflower oil is a rich source of polysaturated fats, which help keep your heart healthy and decrease the amount of bad cholesterol in your body. On the other hand, groundnut oil is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which protect you from heart diseases. Groundnut oil also contains omega-6 fatty acids, which help in the proper functioning of your nervous system.
2. Nutritional values
Sunflower oil contains different nutrients like Vitamin E, B1, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, zinc, iron, calcium, manganese and folate. The nutrient content of groundnut oil is also somewhat similar including iron, magnesium, potassium, copper, Vitamin E, B6, calcium and zinc. So, both are more or less tied at the same spot.
3. Health benefits
Both of them offer a host of health benefits. Sunflower oil can help in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases, inflammation, asthma and high blood pressure, while improving digestion and preventing headaches. Comparatively, regular consumption of groundnut oil can keep you healthy by increasing fertility, enhancing your memory, lowering level of bad cholesterol, diminishing chances of cancer, obesity, heart diseases, depression and by keeping your blood sugar level balanced.
It’s considered to be a healthy practise to keep switching your cooking oils. This ensures that your body can get the benefits of different essential fatty acids as no single oil can satisfy the fatty acid requirement of the human body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
M over weight n thinking to hve diet . But m confuse is it good for my health. Coz I heard it by doing diet such type of weakness arises . please help me in reducing weight m pure vegetarian n done take any milk or tea in morning n only green tea I take n that so in noon tym is it good?
How many egg is eating perfect in a day for a man? What is the bad effect eating egg and also good effect?
Hey sir. I am 19 years old. I was going gym from 2 years. Can I know that these supplements (astrioids like denabol, clean withdraw etc.) are good for me? If your answer is no then please give me a reason.
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.
I feel very heat in my body, stiffness, bharipan, pain always. Feel Heat in urine or when urine peas also heat when erection during relations. Nase (vanes) chatkaty hi. Being bharipan, very heat in body, always feel lazy. Kuch kaam karne karne ka man nhai karta hi. Not feel energy due to above regions. I do all works only on my confidence but not do works in freshness I have many whole body test's, KFT etc. But all tests almost ok. But I don't know which test required for me. I discussed many doctors but results was nil. Please suggest me any tests or any suggestions.
Hi Dr. I'm 23 years old female my problem z that I'm becoming too much of fat day by day can I get any solution to burn fat.
I am 30 yr old female. I got inserted the Multi Load for 5 years in April-14, since then my weight is continuously increasing say about 1.5kg every month. But my gynae says that this is my presumption and the weight does not increases due to MTP. Please give suggestion.
I am 38 years old, I am over weight with 15 kgs, right now I am 65 kgs, can you please suggest any weight reduction medicines, I have legament tear on my right knee, due to over weight unable to walk longer distance and doctors have advised me not to walk on hilly place fast or nor to jogg or run. Thanks in advance. Look forward for your positive reply to reduce weight asap, I have still unmarried due to over weight, please help me to reduce my weight.
A MEDICINAL HERB
It is anti bacterial and it decreases toxicity.
It helps heal respiratory infection.
It helps in secretion of gastric juices and bile.
Ginger oil helps improve memory.
Ginger essential oil is used to keep the body warm.