Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Astha Shrivastava
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Astha ShrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir my weight is 75. And my height is 5.4' recently I have been operate of gall bladder in16june My age is35" how can I loss my weight.
Tiredness isn't just a result of working too hard. Tiredness or fatigue can be described as a lack of energy, motivation and can be physical, mental or a combination of both. Tiredness is often a symptom of a much larger health issue such as Anemia, Diabetes, Thyroid disease or heart diseases. Some of the common causes of fatigue are:
- Lack of sleep: Fatigue is one of the first symptoms of sleep deprivation. A minimum of 7 to 8 hours of sleep is needed on daily basis to keep a person healthy. Quality of sleep also plays a major role here. Patients of sleep apnea also commonly show signs of fatigue.
- Bad diet: A balanced diet helps you maintain your weight and keeps you energized. Eating a lot of junk food can make your blood sugar level fluctuate. When the sugar level drop below normal, the person is likely to feel tired and drained out.
- Anemia: Anemia is a condition where the body suffers from a lack of iron. Without enough iron the red blood cells in blood cannot carry oxygen to all parts of the body. This makes the heart work faster to pump blood and can make you tire easily.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is said to wake the system up and boost energy levels. However, like sugar, caffeine make energy levels fluctuate. As the level of caffeine in the body reduces, the person will begin to feel tired. Not drinking enough water along with your coffee can worsen this situation.
- Dehydration: Water is necessary not only to keep the body hydrated, but also to keep it energized. This is because the loss of fluid in the body can result in lowering the blood volume. This makes the heart work harder to pump oxygen to the brain and other parts of the body.
Fatigue is often not diagnosed till very late. There are many reasons for this. Primary amongst these are:
- Age: We assume that we are feeling tired only because we are growing older. However, the cause of fatigue may have nothing to do with age.
- Gradual onset: We are often not aware of how tired we are until we reach a point where we are completely drained out. Fatigue has a very gradual onset and is rarely noticed in the early stages.
- Misinterpretation: Complaints of feeling tired are often mistaken for lack of motivation and laziness.
The easiest way to prevent fatigue is to maintain a regular waking and sleeping schedule and to eat a healthy diet. Also, try and be physically more active.
Due to height, I could not notice my weight gain. Now my waist is increasing and I have a tummy. How to reduce tummy effectively? I am in a profession which does not involve much physical or hard work.
Hi. I'am 21 years old and I noticed that I got belly fat n also my hip, waist and thigh regions got some fat lately please help me with this.
I took abortion pill, today it is 26 days, I have heavy bleeding sometimes, yesterday also, so I asked then they told that some particles remain inside, do pelvic ultrasound, is there any others procedure to clear those particles as without going to hospital, actually I feel shy please help.
What Is Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic, inflammatory condition of the colon and the rectum. It affects the mucosal lining of the large intestine (colon) and the rectum. The rectum is present just above the anus.
In this condition, patients have ulcers and abscesses in their colon and rectum.
Symptoms are seen periodically. The symptoms are severe pain in the abdomen, blood in stools and diarrhea. Anemia is seen due to decreased healthy red blood cells as a consequence of bleeding in stools.
When is surgery required?
- The colon has ruptured
- There is extensive bleeding
- The treatment results in severe side effects affecting the patient's health
- Drug therapy fails to provide results
- When it progresses to colon cancer
- Surgery for Ulcerative colitis
There are 2 types of surgeries:
- Colectomy: Surgery performed to remove the entire colon
- Proctocolectomy: Surgery is conducted to remove both the colon and rectum. It is considered as the standard treatment for ulcerative colitis.
Procedures for the surgery
- Ileostomy: The entire colon and rectum are removed and the surgeon creates an opening or stoma in the abdominal wall particularly below the waist. Stoma allows waste from the intestines to exit the body. The tip of the lower small intestine is brought through the stoma. An external bag, or pouch, is attached to the stoma. This is called a permanent ileostomy. Stools pass through this opening and collect in the pouch. The pouch must be worn at all times. Before an ileostomy, the surgeon will perform a proctocolectomy. They will perform the ileostomy in the hospital, and the patient receives a general anesthesia.
- Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis (IPAA): This is also called a J-pouch. This is a procedure that does not require a permanent stoma. The patient is still able to eliminate stool through the anus. A pouch is constructed at the end of the ileum and attached to the anus. This is called a J- pouch. As with the ileostomy, the patient will need a proctocolectomy before an IPAA. An IPAA is done in a hospital, and the patient will receive a general anesthesia.
Some people experience incontinence after the surgery. Medications may help control the function of the pouch.
Some women may become infertile after the procedure.
Recovery after Surgery
Both sets of the procedure will require a four-to-six-week recovery period.
- Keep your diet healthy: A healthy diet is essential because good nutrition can help the body heal faster and help avoid post-operation health issues. Absorption of nutrients can be an issue after these surgeries, so eating well will help in maintaining the proper level of nutrients.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Hydration is important for overall health, especially for the digestive health. Drinking six to eight glasses of water per day is recommended.
- Manage your stress: Anxiety or emotional stress can cause stomach issues, which can aggravate the complaint.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!