Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ashu Gupta
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ashu GuptaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Initially the symptoms of body weakness were not that severe but then it became worse. she never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Ashu Gupta has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. She is a famous Dietician in Gurgaon. her advices are always helpful to the patients. Not only the doctor but also the atmosphere of the clinic is soothing. It is properly designed and gives comfort to the patients. her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
I am so thankful that Ashu Gupta has given me the best diet planning and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. The overall atmosphere in the Dietician Ashu Gupta's Diet Clinic is very soothing. Many people gave very positive feedback for therAshu Gupta. The Dietician Ashu Gupta's Diet Clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. She is one of the best dieticians in city.
Even though Dr.Ashu Gupta is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. With the help of herdiet charts I am feeling so great. she doesn't just randomly prescribes diet, but first properly diagnoses the problem. The overall atmosphere in the Dietician Ashu Clinic in Gurgaon is very soothing. I am really grateful as herdiet chart has helped me a lot. she is a great doctor. thanks mam.
I have been consulting ashu Gupta for my diet for the last 5 weeks.I have had great success and lost 6 kg in just 5 weeks and a Visible inch loss. The diet plans were nothing out of my regular eating habits.I am very satisfied with her diet which is practical easy to follow and according to my food habits.I am still continuing with her as I really appreciate her. Thank you Dr. Ashu.....
Due to my gain weight i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. The overall atmosphere in the Dietician Ashu Gupta's Diet Clinic is very soothing. The lab in the Dietician Ashu Gupta's Diet Clinic was very clean and well managed. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. i took a gain weight treatment
I was suffering from obesity due to which I was quite worried. I consulted Dr Ashu, he is one of the best Dietician in city. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results of my slimming treatment. Many people gave very positive feedback for him. I also had a great experience with him and the overall treatment he provided, benefitted me to great extent.
I was suffering from fever very frequently which was affecting my day to day life. I thank Dr Ashu for prescribing me right medication and also suggesting the perfect diet to stay healthy.Dr Ashu is quite knowledgeable and experienced Dietician. I would surely recommend to consult her once if anyone needs diet suggestion.
I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that Dr Ashu Gupta is the reason. My boss referred me this doctor. The overall atmosphere in the Dietician Ashu Clinic is very soothing. he doesn't just randomly prescribes diets, but first properly diagnoses the problem.he did my treatment to lose weight.
My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Ashu Gupta has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. Gupta's Diet Clinic has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. The problem was severe and unmanageable, as I needeed weight loss, and he was able to handle it.
Hi.my name is janvi. I join ashu gupta diet clinic before 3 week ago. That time my weight was 78 kg & today my weight is 69.2 kg.. I am very happy.. Dr. ashu change my look properly.. Her diet plan is very simple & easy to follow everyone. She is a good dietitian. Thanks a lot dr. ashu....
dr Ashu Gupta is magic. His diet plans and advices made my problem of anorexia fly away. He also helped me gain my confidence back. I am very grateful to him and his staff at Dietician Ashu Gupta's Diet Clinic at gurgaon .
Thanks to Dr Ashu for the best diet chart. I was having vitamin D and vitamin B12 deficiency due to which I was facing some problems like hairfall. But Dr Ashu helped me alot to overcome with this problem.
I consult Dr. for weight loss about a month ago..she give me diet plan & loss 4.5 kg in one month .i am very happy with her.thanks Dr.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashu Gupta to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
she is a best dietician. i meet her today....she talk with us about 45 minutes & gives simple diet plan
Dr. Ashu Gupta provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thank You very much ma'am
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Ashu Gupta to be very helpful. Tnx mam
It was nice experience with Dietician Ashu Gupta very scientific approach.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Ashu Gupta to be very helpful.
Soups are normally the first thing you order at a restaurant, followed by at least two other meal courses. The universally accepted appetizer takes a backseat when contemplating dinner. But can it be considered a complete dinner meal in itself?
To rightly be considered as dinner, a soup must not only be filling, but must also be correct on the calorie chart. Hearty soups like Russian Borsch, Vietnamese pho, and Italian Minestrone are considered as main courses. They have an apt mix of vegetables, protein and carbohydrates in a single bowl. Thick soups that carry not only the broth, but also toppings that make them sumptuous, can be had as your dinner.
These kind of all-in-one soups, that carry a number of condiments on their side, and ingredients in them, are also a great way of utilizing leftovers. For fussy eaters, a lot of ingredients can be blended well and masked in the form of soup. It is a perfect comfort food, which can be easily cooked, and is loved by almost everyone. It also carries benefits for people who want to lose weight.
Home-made soups are much healthier than the ready-to-drink packet ones as the packet ones have starch and few other ingredients which are not healthy. Another important thing is the time of having these soups. It should be preferred that soups should be taken as early as possible in the evenings, latest by 7:00pm, if at home and 8:00pm if having dinner out as it has salt content which can lead to water retention in the body if consumed too late. The soup can be coupled with freshly cut salad without any creams or fat content.
The calories in a soup can range from 20 to 100 approximately, depending upon the density and the additives. However, the usual by-the-sides like breadsticks, potatoes, rice crackers, naan bread, tofu croutons, creme fraiche, or even a spoonful of pesto etc. increase the calorie content and hence should be avoided.
So the next time you stress about what to cook for dinner, just pick up some vegetables off the shelf, or meat, and blend your way through an easy,nutritious and yummy dinner choice.
There are foods that stir up our cells and lead to a breakdown tearing apart the keratin, collagen, and elastin to make our skin look perfectly natural and radiant. Conversely, stress, toxic overload and an unhealthy diet, all contribute to lackluster skin and eventually poor physical and mental makeup. So here we bring to you 3 superfoods that will make your skin feel beautiful and healthy with no chemical loaded creams or botox!
1. Mangoes - Many of us will agree to the fact that mango is one of the tastiest fruits around. So it's a cherry on the cake to know that mangoes also act as an excellent anti-ageing food. They are high on vitamin c content as well as beta-carotene, which gets converted to vitamin a. This duo of vitamins works quite effectively to produce anti-ageing cells and thus keeps our skin revitalized. Mangoes pace up the cell regeneration process wherein old skin cells get replaced by the new cells, making our complexion look youthful.
2. Spinach - This green leafy vegetable is high in nutrients and also contains antioxidants. Besides, spinach is also a good source of iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin b, c, and e as well as omega-3 fatty acids which help keep our skin healthy and radiant.
3. Munch on walnuts - Vitamin e is a strong antioxidant, which strengthens our immune system, guards our cell membranes and produces red blood cells whilst walnuts are an excellent source of this vitamin type. So include just a handful of walnuts in your diet to say hello to the naturally glowing skin. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is said that dehydrated fruits offer same health benefits as that of fresh fruits, but differ slightly in mineral and vitamin content. Both fresh and dried fruits will provide you with fiber and antioxidants, which are beneficial for your health; however dried fruits usually lose a small percentage of their vitamins during the process of dehydration.
When you compare fresh and dried fruits, it’s great to make use of the standard serving sizes, which are 1 cup of fresh fruit and ¼ cup of dried fruit.
But when fruits lose their water content and eventually volume during the drying process, their sugar, calorie and nutrient content become concentrated. So when you consume a handful of dried fruits, there is an in-take of more calories than you would if you consumed that same quantity of fresh fruits.
Besides giving you a variety in taste and health benefits, both fresh fruits and dehydrated fruits have their own significance.
For instance, whereas dry fruits can offer you portability and a longer shelf life; fresh fruit as opposed to dry fruits contain higher amount of minerals and hence is a more nutritious choice than dried fruits.
If you are keeping a close watch on your weight, then dried fruits should not be eaten much as they contain considerably more calories in each serving than the fresh fruits. Dried fruits that contain sugar additives are high in calorie content, but the ones with low calorie content offer numerous health rewards:
There are some dried fruits which are a rich source of antioxidants, the Journal of the American College of Nutrition revealed. For instance, Phenol an antioxidant-type is found more in dried fruits such as figs and dates than in fresh fruits.
- High Fiber
Dried fruits are usually high in fiber content than the equal-sized serving of the fresh fruits. Fiber helps in running our digestive system smoothly and prevents obesity as well as cancer and heart disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Diet-induced thermogenesis or 'grazing' (eating every two hours) as it is called in the West, is a popular tool for weight loss. The reason this approach also emerged on the weight loss scene was because: (a) it was used for diabetics to maintain their blood sugar levels.
(b) People started moving away from eating three basic, balanced meals a day.
(c) Some overate at regular meals.
While this technique has helped many, you can also eat three meals and also take a snack between meals when you are hungry. Follow the approach i am putting forth in this book and make sure if it's for weight loss, you have some form of concentrated protein at each meal. If you are going to eat two hours, please do the the following:
1. See what your food choices are: it should not be processed foods like biscuits or toasts ( made of white bread- maida). Instead go for a brown rice poha, whole wheat crackers with hummus, carrot sticks, and fruits (see snack section).
2. Chew. That's something that most people miss while 'grazing'.
3. If you tend to have maxi snacks, then have mini meals at meal time. So be mindful of the quantity consumed at those times.
The decision to have three meals a day, two meals a day, or 'graze' every two hours is entirely your call. My experience with this approach has shown me that if you eat a balanced breakfast, lunch, and dinner- then eating between meals is not necessary unless you get really hungry.
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein rich foods: Protein rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.