Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram ChillarYour feedback matters!
Nice and experienced doctor
I am 62 years old male. I am having floaters for several years in my both eyes. Recently they have increased in numbers and sizes. They are disturbing me quite a bit. I have shown to many doctors, but there is no remedy. Is there any treatment in ayurveda? Please advise. Shri Niwas Ghaziabad M-9971152366.
Sir I am having a redness these days in my eyes and sometimes my eyes also start paining so what can I do to overcome this.
I am a regular computer user. From 2-3 days I have itching in my eyes and I feel very dryness in them. Please advice.
I have use fancy gogals, so pls advise to me for this is fancy gogals how to inspect our eye? This is true or not.
My husband has pain in his eyes and they are red too. He is suffering from viral. Is there any connection.
I have red eye in three days and my sugar levels are very high and also I have body pain and era problem chest problem my pulse going down every time.
Come water in my eyes after watch t. V n after read books as well as news paper, and when I m exer size my hand is pained.
I have eye & head ache problems. When I read more times and watching tv my head se aching and my eyes aur full of water. This is about 4-5 months . Please help me.
I have headache coz of which my eyes sometimes nose also pains can you tell me what to do about it coz several times it's pains throughout the day. N what kind of doctor should I concern?
My family member is suffering from diffused facial hypopigmentation from the last 10 months and it is gradually deepening. No itching. I have already tried laser, chemical peel worsening the condition. Now I have stopped using sunscreen but there is no benefit. please give your expert opinion.
I find my eye always red. While driving bike even when I bath. At night around 8pm. My eyes are so red!
I am a 54 years old male. I have a lazy eye. The good eye is also becoming weaker now. Is there a way to restore vision and bring vision to the lazy eye?
I have eye problem evening when i return from home.Eye irritation so plese help and suggest something
Hi, I am 30 years old, diabetes since 21 years recently contact eye doctor for eye checkup but doctor told cataract is there in my right eye just it is so small no need of surgery what type of diet I should take to keep it constant but my sugar level are under control. please suggest me what should and what should not eat?
Diabetes is a pervading disease as it does not spare any system of your body. The increased sugar level affects everything from circulation to vision to kidneys. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in the eyes in the age group of 25 to 75.
Some of the common eye problems caused by diabetes are listed below
- Blurred vision: Increased sugar levels can cause blurred vision. While most people might jump to getting a corrective lens, it may not be needed in all cases. Try getting the sugar levels to normal levels and see the vision improve. It may take up to 3 months, but it is definitely possible to do away with the lens.
- Cataracts: Clouding of the lens which is known as cataracts can set in early when there is diabetes. Worsening of cataracts also is at a quicker pace with diabetics. The blurring of vision and glare can set in, which would require removal of the clouded lens and placement of an artificial lens.
- Glaucoma: There is always a certain amount of pressure on the eyes, known as intraocular pressure. This pressure increases significantly in diabetics, leading to vision changes and damage to nerves and blood vessels. Glaucoma can cause dryness in the eyes, as there is less amount of liquid that the eye makes. There could also be headaches, eye pains, blurred vision, and vision loss. In addition to eye drops, surgery and laser can also be used for correction.
- Diabetic retinopathy: The retina is a layer on which image of an object falls, and from there, a message is sent to the brain to identify an object. However, in people with increased sugar levels, the blood vessels in the retina can be damaged, leading to vision problems and even blindness. Greater the sugar levels, greater the damage. There could be people who have lost vision due to this condition. Periodic checkups are advised to ensure that the vision is constantly monitored. There could be black spots or holes in the vision, flashes of light, and even blurring of vision gradually resulting in a complete loss.
Some eye care tips:
Now that we know diabetes affects the eyes adversely, the following are some effective tips to ensure good eye health is maintained.
- If sugar levels are not well controlled, more frequent checkups are advised, else, annual checkup should suffice.
- Monitor and control the blood sugar and A1c levels
- Monitor and control blood pressure levels, as combined with higher blood sugar levels, the damage is exponential
- Quit smoking
- Monitor and control cholesterol levels
- Healthy diet with lots of vitamins, minerals, and protein
- Exercise to help in improving overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.