Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikram Barua Kaushik
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram Barua KaushikYour feedback matters!
Since the last 2 weeks, I had difficulty in passing stools. I had to give a lot of pressure for it to come out, because of which I underwent a lot of discomfort and pain. It also got ruptured with lots of blood and protruding of the intestines at the anus. I fear going to the toilet to pass stools. Doctor has prescribed me some tablets and cream, along with a laxative. I am still apprehensive about the pain.
Kidney stones’ is a disorder of the urinary tract wherein stones are formed in the kidney. This happens when solid particles in the urine become concentrated; the solid particles mostly being acid and mineral salts. This disorder can affect any part of the urinary tract: from the bladder to the kidneys. The treatment for this disorder is designed depending on the severity of your symptoms.
Once affected by this disorder, pain in the lower abdominal region will be common. The pain may get aggravated when you urinate. You may also exhibit symptoms of vomiting, nausea and a constant urge to urinate. Hematuria (presence of blood in the urine) is another symptom common to this disorder.
The causes of kidney stones range from factors such as an imbalanced diet, sedentary lifestyle and spicy food. Less water consumption is also a major cause of kidney stones. These factors cause problems in the various doshas in the human body, leading to diseases. It leads to toxin formation in the body called ama. These toxins trickle down to the urinary tract, causing crystals to form, thus leading to kidney stones.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that focuses on improving your overall well-being, rather than just focusing on the symptoms of the disease. Being a complete natural based method, it has no side effects. Ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones emphasize on improving your lifestyle and diet to keep the energy balance in your body.
Ayurvedic remedies consist of using diuretic herbs to dissolve the stones. Once the stones are dissolved, it is then recommended to use various cleansing techniques such as Panchakarma, which helps in strengthening the body. It is recommended to drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water daily and urinate whenever the urge occurs.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies that are useful for the treatment kidney stones are listed below.
- Gokshura Kada: 15 ml of this liquid, mixed with equal amount of water, taken three times a day is helpful for urination and in relieving the burning urination sensations which are common complaints of people with kidney stones. Another ayurvedic medicine, chander prabha vati is useful for the treatment of the burning sensation while urination.
- Ayurvedic medications such as ber patthar bhasma or patherina (as tablets) can cure kidney stones. Other ayurvedic medicines used for the treatment of kidney stones are cystone tablets (1 to 2 tablets twice daily for 6 to 8 weeks) and calcury tablets (1 to 2 tablets twice or thrice daily for 6 to 8 weeks).
If the bladder stores the urine for a long time, then it leads to kidney stones. You need to cut down on foods that contain salt in excess. Add more green vegetables to your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients such as calcium.
A comprehensive list of the changes you should make are:
- Avoid eating dry and heavy foods
- Limit consumption of coffee, tea, pickle based foods and cold drinks
- Restrict consumption of non-vegetarian foods such meat and poultry
- Drink adequate water regularly
- Consume parboiled rice, brown rice and ginger
- Consume lots of fruit juices, soup and water
- Increase water consumption during summer months
- Don’t suppress the urge to urinate
Some herbal remedies to control kidney stones are combining “Mehendi” with water to form a decoction and then consuming it. Increase consumption of horse-gram as it decreases risk of kidney stones. Make sure you exercise on a regular basis as it improves your overall well-being and keeps you healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!