Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit BalyanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my self bhavesh nahar I am 31 year old man I have back pain problem last one months what should I do.
I am 46 years old female, I am getting pain to right side of body, leg and hand. I feel muscle are tightened. There's no sleep in nights.
I am 25 year old, I have pain in my leg very sharply when I wake up in morning. I take many medicines like diclowin plus. But not cure.
Sir my name is rakesh and I am 30 years old and before some time I joined zyme and doing exercise but when I leave the zyme sir my calf is pain everyday so I want some give me advise so that my calf do not pain.
I am suffering from left gluteal pain over One year having mri doc says there is strain in vein. please suggest.
I am having sciatica. The most pain is in the buttocks hips thighs and calf region of leg. Burning sensation ks also there. I am doing yoga exercises and taking hot water bath with eucalyptus oil. What other things I should be doing? I have taken physiotherapy treatments also. Pain still persists and its a constant pain. Please help.
I am 21 years old boy, I am suffering from wrist pain from 1-2 weeks while weightlifting. There is no swelling or reddish skin, but it hurts when I move it side ways, pain occuring at outside of left wrist. What should I do?
I am 27 years old. I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis from last 15 years. What I should do get relief?
I have back pain for over 10 days. What should I do? I can not understand any thing about that. Please help me.
I am 16 years old boy, and my height is 165.5 centimeters, and I want to join gym, should I join it or wait for sometime, if I should wait for sometime then suggest me how much time should I wait for doing gym.
I have been feeling so much of pain in my left leg and unable to walk. What should I do? Please help me.
A Tennis elbow is a painful condition that affects the tendons due to a condition known as tendinitis, which causes inflammation. This condition will end up restricting the free movement of the elbow and the arm due to the pain and stiffness that it causes. This is due to the fact that these tendons are the tough band of connective tissues that hold the muscles and the lower arm with the bone. Repeated gripping motions and continued tugging as well as activities like weight lifting, tennis, squash and other like carpentry, painting writing and typing, can lead to this condition.
Here are a few methods of treatment and the questions that revolve around them.
- Do I have to restrict my movements: Yes, when you have tennis elbow, the very first thing you must do is to give rest to the tendons by curbing those activities that have caused the condition or those which can aggravate the pain and stiffness. Lifting heavy objects, gripping things for prolong periods, other physical pursuits like tennis and other games and more will need to stop so that you do not stretch, strain or pull the tissue.
- Can I take pain killers: Yes, you can take pain killers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen in case the pain is unbearable? Always ensure that an orthopaedic specialist takes a look at your arm before prescribing the medicines to you.
- Is an ice compress good for this pain: You can use the RICE method for acute pain that is less than 72 hours old. For more persistent pain, you must see a doctor. The RICE method refers to Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. In this method, you can keep your arm elevated and give it rest. You can also use an ice compress and keep it tightly wound with an elastic bandage so as to avoid swelling.
- Can I take injections for this condition: Corticosteroid injections may be used for very severe cases. This contains the cortisol hormone and can give good results in the short run.
- Are there any non invasive methods for treatment: You can try non-invasive procedures like shock wave therapy which will help in fixing the pain and promote motion gradually. This procedure is usually conducted with the help of shock waves that are passed to the skin.
- Is exercising a complete no no: In this case, many orthopaedic surgeons and doctors will ask you to go through physiotherapy so that you can get used to movements and motion after prolonged pain. These exercises will also strengthen the muscles of the area.
Talk to your doctor if the pain is particularly debilitating and discuss surgery for the same.