Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhir Bhardwaj
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir BhardwajYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have neck pain since 4_5 months. Since last two days pain in right hand shoulder. Pain is not continuously. Please advice. What should i do?
I am suffering from back pain from last 3 month, I took all the medicines l, physiotherapy but nothing happen. There is some severe problem occurs in my back. please help me.
I am suffering from disk problem. I have done MRI and some nerves are pressed. Done physiotherapy. Have problem still now. What to do?
From last 15 days I feeling a pain in my back bt only at morning time when I wake up. But after some time this is gone but again next morning same pain this pain is increasing day by day.
I am suffering from back pain and also my hair is also losing these days and what are the symptoms of kidney stone and can it be mini mixed.
I am suffering from num Ness and pain in both hands, shoulders to fingers since 2 days ,it is sever during night, I can't sleep ,what should I do?
Hello sir, I have back pain problem. Also eyesight problem. When I use my mobile. That time come eyes drops problem. Please give me suggestion.
If you are thinking that runner’s knee pain can ony happen to runners or sportsmen, then you are wrong. It can happen to anyone who spends time in doing things that involve bending the knees. It can happen due to activities like walking, biking and jumping. It refers to an aching pain around the kneecap. In medical terms, it is also called patellofemoral pain syndrome.
It doesn’t refer to a particular injury. It is an umbrella term to refer to any pain that happens during knee problems. Here are some of the reasons responsible for runner’s kneecap:
- High stress exercises, such as lunges or plyometrics
- Direct hit in the knee.
- If any of the bones are out of their correct position.
- Hypermobile feet and fallen arches or overpronation can cause joint pain as they change the way you walk.
- Weak or unbalanced thigh muscles.
What Are the Symptoms of runner's knee?
- You can feel the pain in front, behind, or around the kneecap
- Pain is felt when you walk, squat, kneel, run, or get up from a chair
- Pain is felt when you walk downstairs
- Swelling around your knee or a grinding feeling inside the joint
It can be diagnosed through physical examination and might require X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans.
What's the treatment for runner's knee?
- In most cases, runner’s knee gets better with time. However, the cause of the pain must be identified and then the treatment is done. Here’s what can be done:
- Give rest to your knees. It is best to avoid activities that cause the pain.
- Apply ice pack on the knees to ease the swelling. Repeat this after every 3 to 4 hours in a day and apply the pack for at least 20 minutes.
- Use an elastic bandage or straps to wrap the knees. It gives extra support to the knees and prevents the pain.
- Elevate the leg on a pillow at the time of lying down.
- Take pain killers like ibuprofen or naproxen.
- Indulge yourself in stretching exercises.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!