Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. ShwetaYour feedback matters!
I have a pain in my legs when I am running. It is in below part of my leg where my shoe size is finish in upward direction I think i.e in ankle if I am not wrong. Please tell me why it is happening with me. My age is closely near to 24 years and my height is 5.8 feet and weight is 59 kg.
I have running nose and itching and sneezing in the morning. From last 2 month when I take cetrizine it gone and come back after 2 to 3 days. And when I itching in body red bums came . Which homoeopathic medicine will be use.
I am 46 years old facing hyperacidity from last 4 yrs. Daily taking rabeprazole. Weight is 57kg. Bp 110/70. After acidity heartbeats increased above 85. After bath showering observed. From last two days both hands and legs nerves are paining. Also frequent backpain and stomach pain.
I am suffering from left gluteal pain over One year having mri doc says there is strain in vein. please suggest.
My maid who is around 45 years complain of body pain especially in her shoulders and legs. She talk both about joint pain and swelling of nerves. Please let me know which specialist to consult in such case.
I am 27 year old female. I am suffering back pain since last 4 month. I am taking tramadol tablet for back pain but it gives short time relief but not a proper relief of pain permanently. So please tell me a permanent treatment of my back pain.
Helo, I am 23 years old. I have my back pain to much and also when I head down spinal gets paining. I also have severe headache frequently which is very much painful. This is causing me a huge problem in studies as I can not sit for several hours. Please help.
I fell down while running three days back. I have pain in moving my shoulder though my shoulder is not dislocated. What should I do?
Acupressure therapy, often referred to as pressure acupuncture, is regarded as an effective method in pain management. According to popular belief, the vital energy known as ‘chi’ flows across the major meridians or energy pathways. There are 12 primary meridians or energy pathways connecting particular organs that organise a communication system across the body. Illnesses take place when any one or more of the meridians fall out of balance.
Some of these acupressure points include the following:
- Valley joints for relieving headaches: This is located in the fleshy regions between the index finger and the thumb at the highest area of the muscle when both these fingers are brought close together. The point is pressed and massaged for a few minutes and is repeated for some time. This treatment is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Pericardium for relieving nausea: This point is placed between the two tendons within the wrist, which is located at a distance of about three fingers width below the base of the palm. This point must be pressed with the middle finger for some minutes or you can also opt for acupressure wristbands from a health store and use them properly.
- Third eye region for relieving stress and chronic fatigue: Close your eyes and find out the third eye region in the knobby spot located on the bridge of the nose in between the two eye brows. You can press this point with the middle finger for some time and then release and repeat the process several times in a week.
- Sea of tranquillity for relieving emotional stress: Also referred to as the conception vessel, this area can be easily located at the centre of the breastbone and can be pressed with the palms joined. Make sure that the spine is erect and supported by a straight chair at the back. You can press it for a couple of minutes every day while taking slow and deep breaths to release emotional stress.
- Leg three miles for relieving stomach problems: The leg three miles is believed to improve digestive issues, such as diarrhoea, indigestion, bloating, nausea, constipation and vomiting. It also helps in improving the immunity system, fighting fatigue, strengthening the body and promoting general wellness. Moderate to deep pressure can be applied for a couple of seconds on a regular basis.
Acupressure, which is a traditional Chinese treatment, involves the application of pressure at specific acupressure points, which lie along the meridians of the body for promoting relaxation as well as treating illness, and can be opted for regulating and managing pain in several parts of the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupressurist.