Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. ShalliniYour feedback matters!
My mother feeling pain on her one leg between knee and ankle from a month. She is 55 years old. She don't feels pain on joint. Please give me succession.
I had acl reconstruction in jan 2014. Had my physio sessions and full movement within a couple of months. Played football and tennis in 2015. Had sever pain last week and couldn't lift my leg at all within 8 hours. No stressful activity and was following daily work routing which involves 8 hour desk job. Pain subsided in 2 days with painkillers only to come back 3 days later. Nothing abnormal in mri, ct scan, xray or blood reports. No clue why the pain started any how last it will last and how often. Had viral 2 days before the pain started in the knee but have no strong correlation between the viral and knee pain except the timing. Please advise. Would be glad to share the reports if needed.
My mom is suffering from severe leg pain. She is not able to walk properly on stairs and faces pain in joints. I consulted mag many doctors but I m not satisfied. Please tell m what should I do now.
From the last two years I am suffering from lower back pain, my blood reports test shows deficiency of Calcium S and Vitamin D3. Which thing/food should I take more?
Hi I am 34 years old from last 1 month I have left back pain and from last 2 days there is pain like ant bite in ear lobe.Please tell.
I am 21 years old and my problem is my left leg have been too much pain in night I take many medicine but it does not work please help me.
I have knee pain from 2 month, I have used to massage with move, or painkiller but after 1-2 day refile, pain come back. Can you suggest best medicine for it.
I am 21 years old and facing ache in lower part of my spinal cord due to continuous playing of table tennis. Used moov sometime during night even then there is no relief.
I am 35 years old. I am suffering from spinal backpain. Since 2years. I am travelling 150kms per day for my job purpose. Suggest me treatment for my problem.
I got into an accident in april 2014 and ruptured my ankle ligaments and till now jan 2016 my ankle still hurts. What should I do?
I am 29 years old male but I have a backache from last 2 months I did not use anything for back pain kindly suggest me what should I do?
I am a 55 years old female having leg pain for last 6 months. The pain is in the upper part of the toe. What I should I do?
An overloaded backpack or wearing one improperly can lead to a poor posture, stress on the soft tissue in the neck and the back, and unnecessary strain on muscles and joints.
You know it’s time for a knee replacement surgery when you can’t walk, move or get up from a chair without pain in spite of taking medications, physiotherapy and following a pain management therapy for a long time. Knee replacement surgery is also known as arthroplasty, and it’s one of the most common bone surgeries around.
Causes of Knee Pain
Most people suffering from arthritis of any kind- osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis are the ones who may require a knee replacement surgery when their condiition becomes severe.
It helps ease pain and helps one move freely.
- Osteoarthritis- This is mostly caused due to age-related ‘wear and tear’ of the knee joint and usually occurs in people who are older than 50 years. In this condition, the cartilage that cushions the three main bones of the knee wears away. This makes the bones rub against one another, causing stiffness and knee pain. Osteoarthritis is the main reason why people go for knee replacement surgery.
- Rheumatoid arthritis- In this type of arthritis, the synovial membrane that surrounds the knee joint becomes inflamed. This chronic inflammation then damages the knee cartilage and leads its loss and attendant pain, and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis- This happens after a serious knee injury. It can lead to tears of the knee ligaments and bones which leads to damage to the knee cartilage.
- Loss of blood flow to the bones – osteonecrosis – also may require knee replacement surgery.
- Those with deformities like knock knees and bowed legs also may require knee replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery
During this surgery, an orthopedic surgeon removes the damaged part of the knee and replaces it with an artificial metal or plastic joint. This artificial joint is then attached to the thigh bone, the shin, and the kneecap with a special cement-like material.
Different Types of Knee Replacement Surgery
There are four main types of knee replacement surgery-
- Total knee replacement- This is the most common type of surgery. In this, your surgeon replaces the entire knee including the thigh bone and shin bone that connect to the knee.
- Partial knee replacement- This type of surgery is performed if arthritis affects only one side of your knee. However, this type of surgery is done only if you have strong knee ligaments. This is performed through a smaller cut than is needed for total knee replacement.
- Kneecap replacement- This type of surgery replaces only the under-surface of your kneecap.
- Revision knee replacement- This is a complex surgery which is performed in case you have very severe arthritis.
A knee replacement is actually a knee "resurfacing" because only the surface of the knee bones is actually replaced during the procedure. It is a relatively safe procedure and the patient does not have any side effects. All a patient is required to do is take proper rest and follow the instructions of your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.