Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shailaja Pokhriyal
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Memory Improvement Techniques
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Treatment of Social Anxiety Disorder
Treatment of Developmental Delay
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja PokhriyalYour feedback matters!
My lover rejected my proposal I went in to lack of concentration I was very much disturbed and full of tensions in my daily work hw to get out of this.
I am 23 years old and I'm depressed. I was in a relationships with a girl and because of the interest marriage is not allowed in our country so I have to break up with her after her engagement and I feel like nothing left and I miss her everyday its been a 6 months to her marriage and 9 months to breakup still I can not get over it. I can not tolerate this feeling please help me. Thank you.
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession- Dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.