Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon . View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saroj Rustgi
Submit a review for Dr. Saroj RustgiYour feedback matters!
Hi. I have 87 kg weight and do half marathon but when I practice on sat sun I feel my knee band tight and when I do squats I feel my knee shaking as I stand. Is it bcs my knee is weak or some other problem. Any solution?
Lower back pains may underline a host of diseases, some of the most distinctive being the degeneration of lumbar disc and strain of back muscles. If left unattended, these acute durations of severe pain can lead to further complications, beyond the scope of both active and passive physical treatment regimes. Hence, it is always recommended to attend to these minuscule symptoms as soon as they are detected.
How physiotherapy works wonders in lower back pains:
- Physiotherapy is recommended when lower back pains are frequent or stretch for days at a time. Most medical works of literature, which shower their unanimous support in favor of physiotherapy for back pain, make note that physiotherapy relieves pain, as well as improves the functions, which are most likely to be affected by this disorder.
- Pain emanating, following a surgery, is recognized as one of the most significant aspects where benefits of physiotherapy are more visible. Generally, patients are advised to undergo physiotherapy sessions after surgical procedures irrespective of age and gender, unless the move is contraindicated in specific cases.
- Muscular spasms and muscle shrinking is a highly familiar phenomenon observed in individuals who are relatively less active. Muscle shrinking can often be attributed to very low usage of certain muscles, while muscle spasm can occur when neurons at the affected muscles are irritated. Physiotherapy is observed as both the first line as well as the second line of the treatment regimen in such occurrences; a routine for gradual and slow stretching is recommended by physiotherapists involving the muscles of legs, hips, abdomen and lower back, based on their intensity of pain.
- Advanced stages of a physiotherapy treatment regime upgrade the simple stretching exercises to more rigorous ones like specific stabilizing drills, exercises involving balancing machines and/or exercise balls. This aspect of physiotherapy caters to the secondary spine muscles of the human body.
- The area of the body considered to be the core of lower back pain (lower back muscles and muscles of the abdomen) requires more than just stretching or exercises involving machines. Workout focused on these core areas are based on a complex set of exercises, which may have to be improvised such that the aforementioned muscles absorb the maximum shock.
- In addition to these conventional exercises, which are based on applications of gravity, some centers a different environment for individuals who are unable to perform activities in normal conditions. The concept of aquatic pools addresses the issue, and makes exercising quite an easy feat for the physically challenged individuals.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There was spinal chord injury three years before chord contusion due to fall from height. Due to which right hand became weak and right finger last two opp thumb not working properly also left fore finger left had pain and its shift position near by. There has been morning spasm in neck, increasing pain in shoulder ,finger. Can physiotherapy help.
1.Tummy tuck in or Bracing the lower back, you can do these exercises in-
Standing- Exhale from mouth with pursed lips (blowing the candle), simultaneously pull your belly button towards your spine hold it for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
Sitting- Sit on a firm chair in tall relax sitting and repeat as above.
Lying- Lie on your back with legs bent so that feet lies flat on the bed. Repeat as above.
2. Pelvic tilt- Lie on your back as above and push your belly button towards the spine, roll the pelvis as you are trying to touch the pelvis with your face without lifting the pelvis from the bed. Hold it for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
3. Single leg raise-
Lie on your back as above. Straighten your one leg while other leg remains in bent position. Raise the straight leg up to 50 to70 degree at comfortable range and try to hold for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.