Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among today's teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications.
I am feeling very tension. Past I have a problem now its solved but whenever I remember that I used to get very tensed and thinks to make suicide.
I have anxiety it causes me shortness or difficult in breathless at night its worse more than day. Is there any thing that help to prevent it.
I am not able to concentrate on studies. Due to depression. Feeling low every time. Always in a an irritated mood. Low confidence. And absent mindless, stress. Please proscribe some medicine's.
I have a anatabuse / disulfiram implant in my body, and am still drinking alcohol. Exactly what damage am I doing to what organs?
I am suffering from depression from 3 months. It took a serious toll on my career and personality. What should I do?
Hello Doctor, I am 27 years old male. I don't drink or smoke. I have very addiction of masturbation. I usually masturbate 3-4 times a day and around 25-30 times a week. I am masturbating since 2005, but now I feel so much exhausted. These days, When I go to bed at night, I start masturbating 2-3 times and then I start feeling so much exhausted, I feel so much anxious and stress in my body that I am unable to even stand. I feel so numb and very difficult to breathe. It feels like panic attack. I feel so bad. I am even unable to get healthy sleep. When I try to sleep I feel so anxious, stressed and panic and then suddenly I woke up. Sometime I am unable to sleep whole night. I am trying to get rid of this habit, but it is so hard to do. Please suggest me way to get rid of this habit and I need to recover from all the negative effects that happened to my body because of this masturbation. Please suggest me everything that is required for me at this stage. Any medicine, any precaution, habits, food. Please help me, I am in very bad condition and I am ready to do whatever it takes to get rid of this. Waiting for your reply. Thanks.
When I study continuously for just 30 to 50 minutes, I got bored and then I need a rest for an hour, and before this I don't feels like this. So I want to know that Am I suffering from any disease and how can I overcome from this problem?
I am last 20 years doing treatment of my depression like I wash my hands legs with soap n one subject to talk many times n fight in depression. Ocn types. As not confident in dirty or leakage of confidential. Please advice. I take medicine cofranil. Trika. Amitryin. Indian drugs.
Dear doctor please inform us if there is any permanent solution to schizophrenia having auditory hallucinations, and is under medication from aiims delhi1 in ayurved 2 in homeopathy 3 through supplements 4 through hormone therapy 5 through regenerative meditations 6 yunani meditations 7 nano drug deliveryyou are requested to kindly guide us, we will be highly obliged and thankful to you.
I'm not concentrating on a particular thing, always I usually thinking about something which was not important. What should I suppose to do for these problems.
Dear Dr. I am studying in 11th std. In science (physics). My problem is that I can't remember things related to my study quickly. If I remember I was forget that things in few days. So, plzzz Dr. Suggest me that how I increase my memory power and brain power rapidly in few days or few week. Thank you.
There are certain aspects of our lives, which we may feel are not upto the mark and you might want to change them. For example, consider a situation that you suffer from dwarfism and people mock you about your height. You may wish that you were taller so that you are not ridiculed anymore. You may feel physically inadequate and stay depressed quite frequently.
No matter what the odds are, you should be able to find a support system somewhere, be it in your friends, family or within yourself. There are a number of methods which you may find useful in dealing with these kinds of situations.
- Mediation: Meditation may help in focusing your mind and keeping your mind free from negative thoughts. It helps in improving your concentration and broadens your mind. It may also help in seeing situations in a different manner and in a different light thus, helps you overcome difficult episodes in life.
- See things from a different vantage point:Usually we see things from one single standpoint and perceive them in a single manner. It is advised to see the same thing through multiple viewpoints and multiple vantage points in order to get a broader understanding of the entire situation. This helps in making a more logical and balanced decision.
- Focus on the positives: Let’s understand with the help of a simple anecdote. One day a teacher gave a student a white piece of paper with a black dot at the center and asked the student what he thought of the paper. The student said that there was a black dot on the paper. Usually, most people tend to focus on the black dot and not the white space surrounding it. Similarly, in life, you should see the positives instead of concentrating only on the negative aspects. This will help you sail through a number of difficult stages.
- Build resilience: Being resilient is a very good quality to have, as it can help you overcome a lot of setbacks in life. Problems are a part of life as they might result from external circumstances which you will have no control over. Hence, it is always wise to accept the situation and move on in life.