Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rupal GuptaYour feedback matters!
I usually get a headache, my eyes got pain and burn when I sit in front of my system, should I have to change my specs glass to some branded one which has some features in it?
Hi doctor, how to reduce eye stress? I work on for 7 hours in a day. Please suggest some foods also that can be helpful for eyesight. Thanks
Hello, I am most of the time in some other world. It's not hallucinations but I keep imagining things like-I am talking to people and they watching me where ever I go. For eg. If I go to a mall, when I walk there I think My self as a doctor and the ppl around me as my patients. M just a first years medico. I don't know what's wrong with me. Please help me. Whats this?
How to avoid day time sleep. Even though having enough sleep at night, I get sleep after having breakfast. Because of this am not able read in the morning, what's the solution for this, can I skip breakfast to avoid sleep.
Doctor below my eyes a puff like layer is forming. What is the cause for it and how can I control. I sleep late night.
Hello 3 years back my sugar levels were very high in the 300, range. I did the sleeve gastrectomy and lost 40kgs. My sugar levels dropped inspite of being prescribed glycomet sr. I missed my tablets and over ate sweets. Few days ago felt my right eye had a small shadow. Checked with an opthalmologist he says though my sugar levels are normal because I did not control it I have diabetic retinopathy. So stressed. Wondering if this shadow will go as I am controlling my sugar and taking a maintenance drug too. Right now my sugar is normal but eye still has a shadow. Please advice.
When I am using computer long time my eyes are red. Any anti reflection glass are safe or eye drops.
I am suffering from hypermetropia (long eye tightness. I have checked my eyes doctor has given me suitable number spectacles and has told me to come after 6 months. Suppose if I check my eyes before 6 months at another hospital and my power of spectacles has been reduced before time. So I can make a spectacles with the new power?
Which foods will help to make strong brain eyes, lungs,please tell. N how can we protected from disease?
I am at 5th month of exposure of hiv. From last week, I saw heavy back head, back pain ,strain in eyes, throat look stretchable (i guess sore throat but no pain) and little blurred vision with fatigue. I had a word with a hiv specialist as you have a protected intercourse with a professional. I am really scared. I did viral load test (DNA) after 90 days and it was undetectable but these symptoms giving me a straight indication of hiv? What should I do, should I talk to the neurologist, hiv centers or do again a ELISA/ANtibody test? Can not share anything to anyone.
Hi i'm 21 year old. I can't see through my right eye. The images coming blur from My right eye. How and From where should I check up my eyes.
Have severe head ache in the last 2. Week onwards Can't open eye while having pain. Had pain killer. But no use What will be the problem?
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.