Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
I have eye numbers -4.5 and -4.0 and I am wearing specks past 10 years and my eye numbers increased till my age at 18 now I am 21 but from the age of 18 till now my numbers haven't increases. Now I am fed up of wearing this specks so I am planning to do the laser operation but I have no idea about it and what are the side-effects and many other questions. I need suggestion that should I do the laser operation or not?
Hii l am 19 years old. L am wearing spectacles of power 3/6 of each my eyes. On going day by day my eyes are going inside and inside. It look so boring l feel shy when I removing my spex plzz suggest any exercise method to move out my eyes.
I am having a small sore at the gum for months. It is not paining. Sometimes I could see little bloody. So times I could see puss. What it might be?
What is nightfall and how is its effects on body when it routinely happened? anxiety, fatigue, less concentration, pains in different body parts, weak eyesight. Give best cure and explain myth.
What is the treatment of retina so that I can see clearly without preferring the lenses and glasses.
I Am Facing Red Eye Problem For 2 Days. I Don't Go To Any Doctor And Don't Use Any medicine Yet. Is Anything Serious? Should I Check It Up?
I am unable to concentrate on my studies when I am trying to do so I am unable ro do. My vision goes little bit lo. I masturbate a lot usually 3 to 4 times in a day is this harm my body. Can you please tell me the defects of masturbation and how much this can harm my body? How to get rid from this problem tell me solution.
2 months ago I broke up. Due to this all my friend who are his friend also stop talking to me. Even I didn't tried to talk with them. But till today I cry daily because I miss them so much. How they can just leave me, I was also their friend. But they choose him over me. I know I shouldn't care for them but I do and do a lot. I just can't take it anymore. They even don't wished me on my birthday. I try to be normal, starts laughing more than before, take care of my look more but inside I am becoming weak more. This me is just a illusion for other to show them I am happy but inside I am broke. I want them back. Among all of them there was a boy who was my first male friend in my college, I miss him the most and basically cry only for him now. Whenever I see him tears comes because he was the closest to my heart but he doesn't take a second to just eliminate me from his life. I though we can be friends for life but he just left me all alone. I don't know what to do. I just can't concentrate anywhere. Due to all this my health has gone down, my eyesight has also weakened, my eyes hurts a lot. I always remember those past day, all those masti, travelling, celebrations. I just want to live in my present and snap out of my past. Does I am going in depression?
Sir, i have CSR in my right eye and is improving. recently, i am seeing ghost images on bright surfaces like text in tv etc. it is there in either eye with on eye closed. if i wear glasses then the ghost image disappears. sometimes if i see straight also the ghost image disappears. i am very much worried. on the first day of its appearance i visited an opthalmologist, they said nothing in the left eye rather than CSR in RE. i am not diabetic or have BP. would request your help.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.