Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.
I am 20 years old I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time but I didn't get bleed he had doubt on me that i'm not virgin. But I know how much dedicated I am to him but he is not yet all trust me. What should I do?
I Have depression problem since three years. And I never care about it. But now I feel that its Serious. And I want to know about it. Because I want great health and mind.
From many days I am in pressure from my family so I should do for that, I am in depression, I can't do study properly.
Hello doctors. My question is to psychiatrist doctors. Please can any1 tell how to recognize what our soul wants. Means Dr. I wants to become cricketer but for that I'll have to leave everything like hanging with friends nd all but Dr. at one side I feels I will miss friends. So I don't understand what exactly I need. Please help me out and tell me what I exactly need.
Mu friend want to left tobacco, he had this habit from last 5 years, when he tries to control this, his health become down and he feels unconscious and sleep. please tell whats the alternate for this.
Hi doctor. I consulted you since I was bleeding heavy. Unfortunately I lost my pregnancy. The trauma which I went through was terrified. I am scared of getting conceived again. But I saw so many people who had a miscarriage had their next pregnancy successfully n have a healthy baby too. Can I also go for a healthy pregnancy now? If so what care I should take. N also after seeing the bleeding in my last lreg I was very stressed out. How to overcome from those panic situations.
Was an academically brilliant child and always topped my class till grade 10. Slumped in grade 11 and was diagnosed with depression and ADHD in grade 12th. I was put onto medication but it did more bad than good and was put off of it abruptly. I did get better but I do not think I am what I was before the episode. I have lost the charm and will to do most things and have not improved academically either. Had to take a drop for re taking my medically entrances. The next 6 months are possibly the most important years of my life. I would describe my current state as a hangover. I'm not as energetic and willing as before. How do I get better as quickly as possible?
I am a chain smoker because of this I couldn't concentrate on anything I want quit smoking so what should I do?
I am very depressed from last few days, but without any reason! I've become so lazy these days. What to do, I just can't understand.
Hi I am 18. I can sing in two voice in high and low pitch. But I noticed from past week that whenever I sing in soft voice its fine but whenever I try to sing or talk in pure adult voice it break and cracks too much. Is there something wrong with my voice? Is it maturing or what?
At the age 12, I saw a movie in which there was a clip that shown, a father was loving, cuddling his 10 years old son in a way that my brain absorbed that scene as an adult male sexually exploiting a young little boy. From that day, I feel like sexually enjoying with a young boy. However, in reality, I didn't take up any such step. But I do feel whenever I see a good innocent looking face of a young boy, my eyes stay over his face. Am I a pedo or gay ? How I can get rid of this menace? please advise.
She's having a boyfriend a strong and long relationship but then she found a friend who started loving her being knew that she's having a bf. My friend told that boy she respect and had a soft corner for him but can't love him after few days her bf got to know her whole day chat and meets with that boy and she stopped everything her bf is with her. She loved her bf allot but sh's not getting it what's there and why she miss her friend. Her bf gives her all time but didn't chat comes online and offline and her that friend keeps online all day chats with her whenever she talk and don't he keeps waiting. She needs help to get out of this situation her bf loves her and she knew the compatibility between them was all perfect but she's just can't stop thinking about that boy her friend what she should please tell?
My daughter is apparently a normal cheerful girl of 19 yrs. She is presently studying medical in one of the top government medical college of Kolkata. But as a mother, I have observed something strange in her. She shows off that she is talking to someone special over phone in front of me. She made me believe that her boyfriend calls her up everyday and she talks to him over phone in front of me. But in reality she had a break up & nobody calls her up. I know her ex boyfriend doesn't care about her anymore. But she makes stories to her friends & me saying how caring his boyfriend is. Otherwise she is completely normal & doing really good in her studies. What should I do? I'm very friendly with her. I know she is in deep pain but doesn't shows that, rather she makes me believe that everything is normal between her & her ex boyfriend. She doesn't share her pain with anyone.
Hello, I have a problem that I will never understand. The main thing is 1.I'm not able to talk to any one ,i'm not moving freely, 2.i don't have clarity what i'm doing i'm confused in every thing. I don't know what my future will be. I don't have any clarity of my life, and present situation. 3.i'm unstable my thoughts are unstable. Added to that I have depressed ,i don't have confidence ,no self esteem. I konw i'm doing terribly wrong and choose wrong path I can't come out of it. I'm just telling lies to all about my behaviour and just fooling my self. I'm now in a situation that i'm just doing my self destruction. I'm studying b.tech 2nd year. I'm a mid ranger got 96% upto inter and got 87%in 1st year .normally from beginning i'm not like others. I'm totally different. My main problem started at my beginning of my b.tech.i have bitter experiences till inter so I don't wanted to repeat them. I thought that just be silent and just study.(in inter I was in top batch but I didn't study at that time I always managed to be there .i have talent to be there but I did not struggle to get good marks, I just copied in exams, found ways to pretend as topper. All came to know me and started to harrasme. My friends also put me aside ,that amde me depressed I tried to study from then but not completely, so I got les percentage. I don't want to get less percentage in b.tech so thought to study willing b.tech and make some good friends. Well after joining I didn't make any friends. From 1st day onwards started studying.in hostel and in class. I made one friend. Some days passed. Then I woke up that i'm doing wrong. So I thought to change, but I want to change in a correct manner I thought that could imagine how I could be from beginning by talking to every one and making friends. I don't know that is impossible we can't imagine things like that. Some how I managed to created a own wold like that but I talked to room mates they sounded different not just in like what I created .there I thought I did not create well so they are acting different, I again tried to create this continued, I did not study, in classes I was thinking the same that I had a problem I want to change so I have to think I didn't make friends I was like different from world, all got friends. But I did not well I have some friends of my school, inter I didn't spoke to them if I did they come to know me that i'm a fool. Days passed I lost control, i'm confused then I started talking to a girl, I only talked with her all thought I loved her so i'm talking with her. I did not enclose my problem with her .she liked me.(except my confusion, I was a very good person I give value to friends, help them, take care of them. She too don't have good friends. Upto that all talked tried to talk with me tried to make friendship with me. But almost rejected total as they come to know i'm fool. As I talked only with her all saw me different manner, no one came to talk to me as before, well I have a school friend in my class I didn't speak to him because I have that stupid thought to change, create a correct imaginary world, and then talk to all. He thought I hated him as rejected talk. This continued conditions became worse. I behaved like a phyco with the girl. She said that I am behaving like a phyco. I told her that after inter I studied some psychological books, so that disturbed my consciousness, i'm unstable. She believed. I stopped talking to her that rumors spread like we were in relation. She understood. But after some days we talked again. This is how things are going .on the other side I pretended like topper. Any situation I faced made me think that I done wrong at beginning so started accepting that. This is how I completed my first year.in summer vacation I did not analyse my problem, I did not told to any one. Now i'm in condition that I completely lost myself ,i'm came to know i'm just fooling me. Help me to get out of this.(in always wanted to have friends and i'm the leader among them, I want to be special among all,
1. First, don’t isolate yourself – When you’re feeling lonely it is hard to go out and be with others who seem to be OK, and don’t really notice how lonely you feel. But putting up a wall and withdrawing from your friends will only intensify that sense of loneliness, and will further undermine your self-esteem.
2. Second, keep yourself busy – Do things that you normally enjoy with others. For example, listening to a band or maybe going to watch a game … or you could always try something that’s new, but interests you! That would allow you to connect in a non-threatening way … as it takes the focus off talking, and off you.
3. Third, be kind to yourself - It’s likely that you regularly beat yourself up, criticise yourself and are unrealistic in the kinds of expectations that you have for yourself. So what, if it goes wrong? You can always try again – just learn what you can from the experience. And notice your successes and the times when it goes well. It’s likely that this happens a lot more than you think!
4. Fourth, recognise that we ALL battle loneliness at times - You’re not some kind of freak – it’s actually quite normal. It something we’ve all known and understand.
5. Fifth, talk to someone you like and trust – It can really help to talk about your feelings with a family member, a friend or counsellor. It relieves some of the painful sense of isolation – and help to get your life back in perspective again.