Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Rachna SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor after marriage i am depressed because my husband is not giving enough time for me he will spend too much time with his friends now 2 years completed i m used to it now but now if i m asked to spend time he will tel that he is in financial prob so he is too much worried about that wat can i do.
My symptoms are matching with neurons damage. I am having memory, concentration and focus problems. I am 19. Am I really having my neurons destroying? Also I am addicted to excessive masturbation. Whom should I consult? Are there any home remedies to cure them rapidly?
I have been reading about nootropil recently as I was looking for enhancement medicine to improve brain function, memory and thinking capacity. Do these supps actually work? Do we have such drugs in India?
I smoked weed frequently in past but I smoked 4 joints of weed on 24th may and I am having a medical examination for merchant navy which may have a drug test around 13-14 june and I have already quit smoking but please let me know if I can pass the test or not? If not what is that I can do.Please help sir.
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The contemporary lifestyle causes a lot of stress, which may have adverse impacts on your health. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Natural remedies like homeopathy can be used to combat stress without harmful side effects. Since stress is responsible for several health problems and homeopathy aims at eliminating the root cause of said disorders, these remedies can cure a lot of stress related problems too.
The common homeopathic medicines used to deal with stress are:
- Arsenicum album: It is beneficial for people who are anxious, fastidious, nervous or excessively critical. It is also used for patients who exhibit tendencies of paranoia, such as arriving hours early for an appointment out of an irrational fear of being late.
- Calcarea carbonica: It is an appropriate remedy for work related stress or burnout. Often, people feel an intense amount of pressure at their workplaces because they feel that they are constantly being watched and evaluated, and are afraid of making even minor mistakes or have strict deadlines to meet.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is an immediate solution to anxiety and apprehension caused by an upcoming event such as a performance, an interview or a test. Gelsemium can relieve symptoms like short-term paralysis, increased pulse rate, dizziness, nausea and indigestion.
- Argentum nitricum: It is useful for nervous fits and impulses caused by suggestibility and extreme mental exertion.
- Ignatia amara: This is used to deal with depression caused by stress factors like humiliation, fear, guilt and loss. People who go into shock can also be treated with Ignatia amara.
- Kali phosphoricum: It can provide relief from exhaustion due to overwork or prolonged illness. The patient becomes over sensitive, anxious and feels unable to cope with stress.
- Natrum muriaticum: It is the treatment for symptoms like insomnia, claustrophobia, frequent headaches and pain around the eyes. It is also used to treat stress caused by isolation and dejection.
- Pulsatilla: It is a remedy for mild or violent mood swings caused by stress. The patient may alternate between over excitement and depression within a very short period of time.
- Sepia: It is a homeopathic medicine that is used to treat patients of stress who have developed cognitive defect and memory problems.
Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is the name given to the symptoms seen in you if you consume heavy doses of alcohol frequently and then suddenly quit or reduce your alcohol intake considerably. These symptoms may surface anytime between six hours to a few days after you last drank.
Common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome:
- Immense sweating
- High blood pressure
All these symptoms may worsen over a few days and may even last till a few weeks.
What is the root cause?
Alcohol arouses your nervous system. In case you are a heavy drinker, your body gradually gets dependent on alcohol, and cannot adapt too easily to the lack of alcohol after you have abruptly quit. This is the root cause of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS).
Who is at risk?
You are at the maximum risk of AWS if you are an alcohol addict, or you cannot gradually cut down on its intake.
How do doctors diagnose AWS?
Usually, doctors will search for a few symptoms in you, like irregular heart rate, dehydration, fever, and tremors or minor fits. A toxicology screen also helps your doctor finding out the levels of alcohol in your body.
How is AWS treated?
Treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms. Usually are:
1. Home Care - Mild symptoms of AWS can be treated at your home. You need to go for your regular routine checkups and tests. You may also have to go to rehabilitation programs for recovering alcoholics.
2. Hospitalization - If your symptoms are more severe, you may have to be treated in a hospital, where you will be monitored and kept on a fluid diet to help prevent dehydration.
3. Medications - You can also be treated with sedatives.
Do you recover fully?
Usually, chances are that you will fully recover from AWS. If you quit drinking, take your medicines on time, and lead a healthy life thereafter. However, sleep disturbances and fatigue may persist. But, if you have severe symptoms of AWS, you should seek medical care as soon as possible to prevent any further fatal complications. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering anxiety and stress. It builds up at the beginning of the day and remain as it is till the day ends.
Even after an amputation, many patients claim to feel chronic pain in the amputated limb. This is known as phantom limb pain. It may also be experienced by paralytic patients or patients who have suffered from a stroke that has left then with a restricted range of possible movements. This pain can affect a person's daily life by making simple activities like walking, eating, dressing etc difficult. Mirror therapy is an effective way of treating phantom limb pain. It uses a mirror to manipulates the visual feedback sent to the brain and trick the mind into believing that the affected limb can move without pain and hence.
Mirror therapy was first developed by Vilayanur S. Ramachandran. This therapy is based on the hypothesis that even though a limb has been amputated or is paralyzed, the brain still receives sensory feedback from it whenever the patient tries to move the affected limb. This feedback becomes ingrained. Mirror therapy was developed as way to retrain the mind and eliminate this learned process.
To undergo mirror therapy, a patient must sit at a table with a box that has a mirror on one side. The affected limb or stump is placed inside the box in such as way that it is not visible and the other hand is placed on the table opposite the mirror. Visually, the reflection of the active hand on the table takes the place of the inactive one inside the box. The patient is then instructed to move the active hand.
In cases of amputated limbs, the patient's pain is triggered by feeling that the phantom limb is stuck in an uncomfortable position and cannot be moved. By the artificial visual feedback of seeing the hand and its reflection move comfortably, the brain is tricked into believing that the phantom limb is also moving. This helps ease the pain. In cases of paralyzed limbs, this can also help regain movement.
Mirror therapy can be practiced at home and usually does not require a therapist's intervention. To benefit from it, a patient must find a quiet secluded part of the house where he or she will not be disturbed. Unlike other forms of therapy, mirror therapy should be practiced for not more than five minutes at a time. However, the patient may do this as many times as he likes during the day. As this is a non invasive procedure, there are no side effects to this kind of therapy.