Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Priya AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 34 years old male, having stammering, but got worse in last 3-4 years, when speak, face expressions get worse, want cure immediately with fluency. Please help. Staying in gurgaon. Want free or affordable hospital. What about TISA? Thanks.
Even after putting her best in her family, Radha's husband was shouting at her again, her children were again complaining about the food, her mother-in-law about her joint pains and even when she had a million issues on her mind, the one bothering her most was her board presentation scheduled tomorrow in office.
Tired, exhausted and challenged she smiled remembering her mother's words-
'They say it's difficult to be a woman! You need to think like a man, act like a lady, and look like a girl and work like a horse.'
From an amoeba to higher species four aspects are common-Nutrition, Reproduction, Excretion and the fourth one is Stress. Working professional or a home maker, a woman's plate is always full with multiple projects and a huge list of things to do. Cooking, washing, cleaning, picking & dropping kids, homework, spouse attention, extended family, social obligations, and dependency on maids, over demanding workplace, sometimes obnoxious co-workers, and long commuting hours are facets that bother every woman today.
All these activities and stressing situations are disturbing. The human mind is not conditioned to handle so much. The result is emotional disturbance- anxiety, energy drain and undue stress.
We need to understand that we have the power to be happy, stress free, peaceful and only we can help ourselves. Hence it's important to take charge of situations causing stress. We should try to go easy on ourselves and accept the following:
We are not Durga or an Octopus with multiple hands: We need to understand our limitations and should not stretch ourselves. We can always ask for help from others. Sometimes people around us are just unaware about our needs. We should ask our family, friends, co-workers for help bluntly, rather expecting them to read our mind.
Don't try to control the uncontrollable: We should not get tense unnecessarily when something happens unplanned and hampers your schedule. We need to accept facts -we can't change the weather, situations, how others behave. The best way is to relax and accept situations and re-plan your day.
Don't be a perfectionist: Expecting perfection from others adds on to our stress. Not everyone can be organised like you. Your maid might not be able keep your home spotless, your daughter's hand writing could be as poor as the girl you hated in your class, and your co-worker might not be good in MS Excel. A perfectionist cannot delegate work. Be easy on yourself and on others. Most importantly don't nag people about issues; it can make them feel suffocated.
Self-compassion: Be compassionate with yourself too. Don't feel pressure to perform every time. Don't try to put extra efforts beyond your limit to please others. Give some room to others to make mistakes- after all people learn from them.
Stay on schedule: An organised approach to handle tasks always gives a pleasure of accomplishment and it's very important to design a balanced routine and stick to it. A 'Me Time' is very important when you budget your day.
Simplicity reduces stress: Keeping less stuff helps us to manage and organise things better. Don't buy or store things you don't need.
Take care of your health: Our mind, body and soul are inseparable. Taking care of your health, practicing yoga, and exercising, eating a healthy diet is important to fuel better emotional well-being.
Tears are not sign of weakness! Don't feel guilty: Yeah! Shedding tears does not make you weak. Don't feel miserable for being sensitive. Express yourself openly!
Be assertive in communication style: We can always put across our points assertively without sounding irritated, frustrated or angry. It's important to put your thoughts and difference of opinion constructively.
Sir, I Lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time Please help me.
Every married couple undergoes relationship troubles, but these troubles should not linger for a long time otherwise you might end up facing dreadful consequences. If you want to save your married life by maintaining a smooth relation with your partner, then you have to look for the best solutions that can resolve marital issues.
How to manage marital relationships?
- Maintaining trust: Since trust is the base of every relationship, therefore you should make special effort in maintaining the same. Unresolved issues should be resolved quickly and there should be transparent communication between the married couples. Some of the special qualities that should be maintained in order to maintain trust within a marital relationship in long run are being on time, consistency, being sensitive towards feelings, avoiding lies, sharing feelings, respecting partner's feelings, avoiding jealousy and others.
- Healthy communication: If the problems remain unresolved, then more and more conflicts will be invited. Have open discussions and clear up your points so that confusions can be eliminated. If you make efforts in understanding the real causes, then only the problems can be resolved. You need to put yourself in the shoes of the partner and understand where the person is coming from. Most conflicts occur because we only see our view points and not that of others.
- Giving time to the relationship: You can maintain your marital relationship in a healthy state only by considering the married life as the prior issue. Keep your marriage above every other social thing and then only relationship can be made secured. Give time for repairing all dubs and defects of your relationship. In this case, you can also take the help of any expert counsellor. Spend some quality time with each other so that the warmth of your relationship can be maintained.
- Tackling monetary problems: Do not allow any conflict to come into your relationship just because of a pathetic financial condition. It is important for both the partners to put-in efforts in saving money so that monthly expenses can be kept under strict control. A perfect budget needs to be scheduled so that financial strength can be restored. If you are incapable of catering financial support, support your partner at least mentally so that he can come out of the financial trouble as soon as possible.
- Maintain a happy sexual life: Create a proper schedule for lovemaking in order to maintain a healthy sex life. You should try to know the sexual needs of your partner so that you can fulfil the expectations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Are you suffering from depression? Is it hampering your daily life and activities? Depression is a mental health condition, which is very common in people of all ages around the world. It is a serious medical condition which may occur for several reasons, depending from person to person. Depression should be treated effectively for restoring a healthy state of mind. Among the various modes of depression management, homeopathy is considered to be an effective remedy.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines which are used for tackling depression, along with the symptoms when they are applied:
- Arsenicum album: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine for people who worry excessively. It is used in people who are extremely health obsessed. Such people get depressed about failing to reach personal goals in life. The symptoms of such a patient suffering from depression tend to worsen in cold weather, as pain sensitivity increases.
- Aurum metallicum: This medicine is effective for workaholic people who have a tendency to feel worthless, despaired and experience suicidal thoughts after failing to achieve personal and professional goals. The symptoms worsen during the night time and during cold seasons. Calming music is beneficial for easing these patients.
- Calcarea carbonica: This homeopathic remedy is commonly used in the case of people who become overwhelmed due to work, worry and physical illness of any kind. The development of fatigue, discouragement, confusion, anxiety and self pity are also indicated in such patients. This medicine is also good for depression patients who suffer from sleep disorders, or sweat profusely.
- Causticum: This homeopathic medicine is important for curing depression in people who due intense grief resulting from some kind of major loss. The patient may experience forgetfulness and mental dullness. The patient may tend to cry a lot and becomes extra sympathetic towards others.
- Cimicifuga: This effective homeopathic remedy is used for people who suffer from bipolarity. They may be quite energetic and talkative during good times, but during periods of depression, they become gloomy and dull. Neck aches, headaches and painful menstrual periods in women are also likely.
- Ignatia amara: This homeopathic medicine is used in the case of people who are very sensitive and tend to suppress their feelings of grief and disappointment. They do not want to seem too much defensive, moody, or vulnerable in the eyes of other people. They may burst into laughter and tears all of a sudden without a proper reason. Abdominal cramps, insomnia, and headaches are other symptoms.
- Kali phosphoricum: Another effective homeopathic medicine used in the management of depression is Kali phosphoricum. People who need these medicines feel depression after long periods of emotional stress. Nervousness, exhaustion, insomnia, anemia, increased cold sensitivity, and reduced concentration are experienced. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.