Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Prerna KohliYour feedback matters!
Good afternoon sir I have a problem of easily forgetting. Please give me a suggestion how can I improve my memory power?
Hi To All, I am suffering from stammering and dry mouth any medicine to cure or I shall take Brain MRI scan for best results please I want to your guidance and in other aspects I am fine.in internet I search for stammering it shows Vasa syrup is it good to use. I hope I will get reply from best doctors here. Thanks in Advance.
Hello Dr. I am having thyroid and PCOS. Last year I had endometric lining around 1.5 cm thick twice. After medications I had nrml period for 2 months. Right now I started having red clots in a fiber form and then sometimes I bleed. I consulted a gynic here she gave me ayurvedic medicine m2 tone, 2 tabs per day for 1 mnth. After 2 or 3 days my bleeding increased and had big clots. It started from 13th December and continued till 7 days. Since 18th December again fibre kind of red clots started coming. On 27th December again heavy bleeding started and sometimes it lowers down and if there is little exertion bleeding increases. Kindly advice what should I do to stop it. I am married but since 1.5 years I am not living with him. My sis in law gave me a homeopathy medicine and mixed something in it which I don't know after that only my menstrual problem has started. So somehow I am also emotionally stressed.
Depression is such an ailment that may be intensely distressing and may lead to severe damage to the afflicted person and their close ones, if left without proper care and treatment. So if you are in charge of caring for patients affected with chronic depression, then it may seem challenging as well as equally rewarding. You will feel challenged when you're trying to figure out a possible solution to help the patient. Each patient is a distinct individual with varying needs contrary to the patients affected with diabetes or cardiac disorders where the treatments are properly schemed and structured.
Caring for yourself is also important-
When you are trying to deal with patients affected with depression, you will first have to properly recognize depression and anxiety. When someone you love is affected with depression, you will try your level best to help that person come out of the situation. However, note that it is also important to take care of your own mental as well as physical health. Because when you are trying to help a person come out of depression, it is likely that you too would face similar psychological distress. A recent study reported that caregivers of depressed people with bipolar disorder and severe depressive problems were more susceptible to psychological troubles than care providers of other healthcare needs like diabetes or cancer among general population. So it is really imperative to look after yourself as well.
Sticking to a well-regulated treatment plan-
Though social support is significant, it alone cannot help in suppressing depression. If you know a person encountering pangs of depression, advise him or her to seek professional assistance. Depression is such a clinical condition that requires to be dealt with medication, therapy or a balanced combination of both. You will have to make them understand that you care about them, but you alone cannot succeed in healing that person without proper medical guidance. Encourage such people to closely follow a physician’s advice and take proper medicines as recommended by the healthcare provider.
Insisting on following healthy habits-
You will have to try to encourage the patients in regulating their energies into doing something positive for both mind and body. This can be aptly done through exercise, which helps in lowering the risk of anxiety as well as depression with regular practice. This, along with the intake of a healthy balanced diet would also help them to recover faster.
While doing your bit to aid a person come out of depression, you should also take him or her to a responsive psychologist who can recommend faster methods of getting rid of depression permanently.
I am a 25 female married 10 months ago I am having problem to take up and accept even small things from my in laws and due to that I always have a fight with my husband as well I cant ignore small issues which occur day to day dont know whats the problem with me.I cannot ignore things and start reacting on it so there is a problem in my married life due to the same issue. And I feel of finishing myself please tell me what to do?
Hi Since 2007 I was having Medicine named setra 50. close 0.5. Now my problem is. I can't travel. Even if I travel I can't look or sit facing Right side. Why is this happening. What are the things I should follow. Please advice.
Dear Doctor, After the 3rd delivery My wife's Behaviour had been totally changed, She is an uneducated village woman, suddenly she will fight with me with enormous strength, somebody told this is because of Black magic. I am taking all the pain for the past 19 yrs. I am so rich to show to the best doctors.
Anger is an emotion found in every human being. There is nothing wrong with being angry. However, if it gets out of hand there might be serious consequences. Knowing a few things about anger management might help the next time you are struggling to manage anger.
The Wrong Approach
Before knowing, what are the right things to do, it is necessary to know what doesn’t work well. This will give a better insight on anger management.
- Often, we think suppressing anger might be the right thing to do. But, it is not. Trying not to react to a situation and keeping it under wraps, might affect your health and can even be the root cause of heart disease. However, suppressing it often lessens the intensity of the anger.
- Just like suppressing it is not a good idea, venting it out completely is not the right approach as well. Venting might help you to cool down faster later on, but initially, it might hurt the other person and also have a negative impact on health. Venting anger occasionally will also make the person aggressive in nature.
- Thinking or using words like always, never, should/shouldn’t, must/mustn’t do not usually help. Thinking about ‘he should never talk to me like that’ or ‘they are always being unfair to me’, brings about negativity and doesn’t help in calming down.
The Right Approach
- Counting to 10, the age old approach to anger management often helps in cooling down and giving a clear perspective. When we are angry, we end up saying and doing things we don’t mean to. Counting gives us some time and helps us calm down a bit.
- Breathe slowly when you are angry, say experts. Instead of talking or reacting to the situation, just breathe in and out slowly. When you breathe out more, your body will calm down and make you relax.
- Talk to someone who understands you when you are angry. Instead of venting out or suppressing it, talk it out with a friend or a family member. Tell them your feelings and why you are angry. This will help you a lot in relaxing. It works as a counselling session.
- To manage anger, in the long run, one should always lead a healthy lifestyle. It means not just having a healthy diet, but also having proper sleep, not being stressed about anything, doing exercise, etc.
- Doing something creative often takes your mind away from angry feelings. Join a dance class, an art workshop, start keeping a journal, it will definitely help in the long run.
- Leave the place immediately for few moments and drink water slowly when angry. Don't prolong the anger, come back and start conversation normally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have a male child who is 12 years old. Since from the birth he is little hyper active and he is always a slow learner. He does not take interest in his study and he forgets faster. He is not interested in the study. He never forget anything what he has seen in the TV / movie. He has very little patience and gets irritated faster. Consulted a Psychologist earlier and advised for keeping him busy and doing some activities that was done in the center. Now he is getting angry also. Please advise what to do ?
One of my best friend left me and I feel to much stressed what should I do please help me out of this problem.
I have gone in depression since last month after breakup with my gf. I am not able to focus on any work,I always try my best to do so but I can't. I am not been able to even sleep also. Should I consult a doctor.?
I am 28 years old. Right now I am preparing for civil service. I had developed Sexual obsessions for my aunt. These obsessions are involuntary, repetitive, and unwelcome. Attempts to suppress or neutralize do not work for me and in fact make the obsessions more severe, as trying to make sense of obsessions only gives them more attention and "fuel" The reason behind this obsessions is that when I was doing college I had stayed with uncle and aunt .They called me to stay in their house by themselves. They just called me for some personal motive as soon as their motive was over they trashed me out of their house. My aunt was mastermind behind all this stuff. She defames me. She accused me for unwanted petty things. I cannot forget all these personal trauma till now .i had developed personal hatred for her. I had started compulsive masturbation after that. I just saw her as sex object after that. Whenever I masturbate in my conscious I was degrading her. Now she becomes Sexual obsessions for me. I cannot get rids of her thoughts. Whenever I saw her thoughts again pouring on my mind. I cannot fully neglect her. I had to wish her HALFHEARTEDLY whenever I met her. I just want to get rid of these thoughts. Although in my whole life I cannot forgive her .please tell me solutions.
Binge drinking is a problem that has been noticed nowadays in many teenagers and youngsters. Whether it is at an event or a party, drinking high doses of alcohol in one sitting is known as binge drinking.
Binge Drinking in Women Is Different from Men
Binge drinking for men is the consumption of more than five alcoholic beverages in one sitting. But the case is different for women. For women binge drinking is defined as a woman consuming more than four alcoholic beverages in a single sitting. Also, it has been found in a survey that almost 75% of the binge drinkers are college students. Among these, the ratio of men is much higher than women.
What Leads to Binge Drinking?
- Lack of control: One of the most common reasons is, of course, the lack of control. When such a person comes in contact with alcohol, they tend to over drink because they have no control over their drinking.
- The weekend fun: Secondly, another reason is seen in the case of youngsters between the age of 18 years to 35 years. These are youngsters who have a tendency of meeting friends and going out on weekends after the week’s toil. They know that after this weekend they will be able to enjoy their favorite bottle only in the next weekend. Hence, they binge drink.
Results of Binge Drinking
It becomes difficult to check how much alcohol will affect a person, because it depends on various factors, such as height, weight, age and also at times, alcohol tolerance of the person. But of course, there are some common results of binge drinking. Some of such results are:
- Unintended and unprotected sex leading to pregnancy or even STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) in some cases
- Accidents that may lead to severe injuries and even death at times
- Physical or mental assault of others that the person may regret later on.
When Is Help Required?
When the person has a habit of driving after drinking, neglecting family and doing harm to others as well, help is surely needed. Here, short 4-5 sessions with a therapist may help. A regular drinking habit is no doubt a reason to worry. But binge drinking is another reason that can lead to bigger problems and hence, needs to be examined closely too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.