Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
I have pain in lower pain and left lower leg just above the ankle and behind the front bone. This pain is very hard I don't walk or run it only happen when I stand or walk. When I sit or ride bike or bicycle pain in gone I took a x-ray but nothing found in it.
I am suffering with severe pain in left leg thies and calf. Due to longtime sitting in office. Today I used a pain killer spray due to severe pain. Kindly give me the instructions fore cure the muscle pain. Thankyou.
Sir , I am having severe leg pain (left leg) so that I can't walk freely sir please suggest some medicine for me.
I have a problem in my leg. It was pain when I am running fast and then rest. Please, help to persist my problem.
I am suffering from back pain about four month how can I relived from this symptom. Please advice me on back pain.
Is little bit back pain is normal in early pregnency. Mujhe davai khane ke 10 min bd aksar vomate ho jati h so me jana chati thi kya 10 min enough hote h davai ko dissolve hne me.
Sciatica nerve is the longest nerve of our body, which starts from the spinal cord, passes through the lower back and into the lower leg. Sciatica is a symptom of pain in the sciatic nerve which occurs if it is being compressed by any mass, irritated or overgrowth along its course.
Patients with sciatica experience severe pain along their back as well as may suffer from additional symptoms including numbness and weakness, a feeling of tingling and pins and needles on the foot or toes. In severe cases, some people may also suffer from loss of bladder and bowel control.
One of the most common reasons is the pinching of the nerve due to a slipped disc in the lower back. Other conditions which cause sciatica are trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis, spinal tumors and lumbar vertebral canal stenosis.
One of the easiest ways to prevent sciatica is by protecting your lower spine. You can follow these easy tips that can be really helpful in maintaining your health and remaining pain free.
- Exercising regularly: By exercising regularly, patients can strengthen their back and abdominal muscles and prevent damage to their vertebral column.
- Good posture: By maintaining a good posture while sitting and working in an ergonomically designed chair that properly supports your hips and back and does not compress the back of your thighs and knees while sitting is essential to maintain a healthy back.
Homeopathy offers natural medicines that can cure and reduce sciatica pain. One of the biggest advantages that homoeopathy offers for treating sciatica is that it can treat the disease effectively, by rectifying the compression or irritation on the sciatic nerve.
Homeopathy practitioners use Colocynth for treatment caused in right sided sciatica pain. Homeopathic medicine Gnaphlium is used to treat numbness associated with the paint, while Rhus tox is usually helpful in treating all sciatica symptoms and is the most preferred medicine by homeopathic practitioners.
Homeopathy also offers additional benefits as it not only helps in rectifying sciatica pain it also help in strengthening a patient’s constitution so that the disease is cured from its roots and there are no further recurrences. Homeopathic medicine is very fast and effective and is totally natural, free from any side effects. It is one of the most widely accepted forms of medicine which causes no side effects and can be taken easily by both men and women.
I am having fever since 4 days with severe knee pain. Is this chickngunia? I want to know the diagnostic procedure for chickngunia.
I have premature ejaculation problems ,three times a week regularly being nightfall since last six years. My penis was very short. I have eye problem, body pain and back pain becomes everyday . What should I do? please help me.
I have pain in my right leg. Sometimes I can not put my weight on my right leg. Its very painful and I can not even move my leg if I stand or sit for long time. Is this cause of sciatica nerve pain. please suggest some remedy.
Core strengthening is more than just achieving six-pack abs. Developing strong abdominal muscles may actually help prevent back pain by making you less prone to back injuries and teaching you proper spinal alignment.
Many people have back pain—whether it's upper back pain or low back pain—and this may be partly caused by weak abdominal muscles. Since your abs are the front anchor of your spine, if they are weak, then the other structures supporting your spine (your back muscles, for example) will have to work harder. By developing stronger core muscles, you'll be less likely to injure or strain your back muscles.
Preventing back pain caused by muscle strain can be pretty simple—if you know how to avoid it in the first place. Other than maintaining good posture and developing core strength, there are a few key techniques that may help you steer clear of back pain:
• Stretch regularly: Since many of us spend most days sitting at a desk, stretching for a few minutes a day may be very beneficial.
• Lose weight if necessary: Being overweight puts extra strain on your back.
• Be sure to get enough sleep: Aim for 8 or more hours of sleep every night. As with your mind, your spine needs rest, too. It supports the weight of your back, so make sleep a priority.
• Incorporate proper techniques when lifting something: Use the strength of your legs instead of your back to lift.
The Significance of Core Strength
If you think about it, your core is in the center of your body. It needs to be strong to support the weight of your entire body, including your back and neck. Adding core strengthening to your exercise routine can help protect your back and neck. By boosting your core strength, you'll also be less likely to rely on other back pain treatments, such as medications.
It's important to incorporate exercises that work all of your abdominal muscles equally. Core exercises should involve the major muscles in your abdomen, including your internal and external obliques and the transverse abdominals.
Core Strengthening Exercises for Back Pain
Below are some examples of common abdominal exercises that can help you develop strong abs and prevent back pain.
These exercises and the number of repetitions are just suggestions. Talk to your doctor before incorporating these exercises into your exercise routine, and remember to listen to your body. If something doesn't feel right, stop immediately.
• Lie down on your stomach with your body in a straight line. Your elbows should be at a 90-degree angle and close to the sides of your body. Rest your forearms on the floor and interlace your fingers.
• Gently push your body up using your forearms. Don't' let your back drop: Keep your body in a straight line.
• Engage your core muscles during the entire movement.
• Hold this position for 30 seconds, release, and repeat 3 times. Do this move once a day.
• Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, about hip-distance apart.
• Interlace your fingers and place both of your hands behind your head with your elbows wide. Inhale and then as you exhale, use the strength of your abdominal muscles—not your neck muscles—to slowly raise your head, neck, and upper back off the floor.
• Inhale as you slowly lower your upper body to the floor, and repeat.
• Do 3 sets of 10 abdominal crunches every day.
• abdominal crunches.
• Lie down on your stomach so that your body is in a straight line.
• Place your hands on the floor so that they're a little higher than your shoulders. The position of your hands should also be wider than your shoulders. At the same time, lift your body so that you're balancing on your hand and toes.
• Keeping a straight back, lower your body to the floor by slowly bending your elbows until they're at 90 degrees. Push back up using the strength of your arms, upper back, and chest muscles, and repeat.
• Do 3 sets of 10 push-ups every day. As your body becomes stronger, you can do more repetitions.
By doing these and other core exercises every day, you'll notice that your core strength leads to overall body strength.
In addition, there are certain types of exercise that can help you develop core strength, such as yoga and Pilates.
It's also a good idea to work with a physical therapist. He or she can develop a specific exercise plan that involves core strengthening exercises and flexibility exercises to keep your spine healthy and help you maintain good posture.
Have a conversation with your doctor as well. Your doctor will let you know if there are any exercises you should avoid or that may increase your back pain. As with any exercise, if you experience increased pain while doing core strengthening exercises, stop and call your doctor or physical therapist immediately.