Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parmila SharmaYour feedback matters!
Dr parmila is very intelligent with a strong command on her subject. very patiently she handled my mother with clearing all our doubts. she is too good.
I am 48 years female. I have lower backache and pain behind neck. What should I do. I am also undergoing menopuse phase too. What should I do.
Hello, I'm Sanjib. I am 22 years old. And some time I feel pain on my knee. After running in morning. And feel back pain. So what do I do?
My father is 75 years old. He slipped on floor and got his knee cap broken in 3 pieces as per x ray report. Dr. is advising surgery. How complex is this surgery, what precautions should be taken? Will he achieve normal mobility after surgery?
In my hands and leg in every joint it became black . Suggest me something how should I remove it.Please tell.
My uncle is suffering due knee pains while climbing over stairs so, there is any solution please rectify me sir.
My left arm and shoulder gets swollen every now and then, I apply Capcin ointment regularly but the pain doesn't go, what should I do?
1) I have a flat foot. I can't stand for much longer. Please suggest what to do to overcome this problem. 2) 2 years ago I had an injury in my ankle. Maybe a hairline fracture. But it got cured. But nowadays I feel little pain in the same area in the morning.
I have lower back pain since 1 year by it was slight but from 1 month it become more and more kindly suggest some exercise and I don't have any past issues it was came aromatically.
My age is 19+. I feel very week. My sleep is not good. I have coughs in nose. Sometimes I feel some pain on my head & back. I have not enough blood in my body. So is anything serious in my body?
Am having severe back pain and body. I have consulted few doctors non of them didn't get wt is my disease. So pls help me to know wt to do.
I have a back pain. Actually I met an accident and my spinal card is bit damaged. So only i am getting lot of back pain. What should I do for this? can you suggest me.
Hello I am 24 years old boy. I hav a lot of pain below my back since 1 year. I am not able to sit for studies for more than 1 hour at stretch. What should I do?
A few years back, I had an injury to my back and and little bit of medication, I was alright. But now it's started paining again. Tell me what should I do?
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness.
Shoulder problems usually happen because of internal problems or external trauma. People who are into any form of manual labour, pick up a lot of heavy things regularly or play sports experience shoulder pain at some point of time or other. Shoulder pain can be detected by physical examination, mri, x-ray, ultrasound and medical history.
The most common types of shoulder problems are arthritis, fracture, dislocation, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tear, and rotator cuff disease. Cures for the different shoulder pains are different. Follow these simple ways to help you manage the pain.
1. Rest the hurtful shoulder: you need to take ample rest. Using the arm which is affected is not a good idea and needs to be avoided. If your job involves manual labour, it is advised that you stay at home to rest.
2. Ice pack healing: applying ice pack on the wound is also advised around 3-4 times in a day. This varies as per the kind of shoulder pain, so doctor's advice must be followed.
3. Be consistent with exercise: depending upon the source of pain, physiotherapist will advise certain sets of shoulder exercises. It is very important that they should be performed diligently for fast recovery.
4. Support it well: wearing a sling is extremely important and should not be taken lightly at any point of time. A good support will ensure there is no mislocation and faster recovery.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.