Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi sir/ mam, I am not having my periods from last 4 months. (from September 1st week to till date) and then I did unprotected sex on 28 november. With my hubby. But it's almost now 4 months that no periods come. Please help to out for this. Waiting your reply.
A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and is often accompanied by the removal of the ovaries. In such cases, women are said to experience surgical menopause. This is because the ovaries are the main producers of estrogen. Surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural menopause as there is a sudden drop in estrogen levels. Estrogen is responsible for a number of functions that affect the brain, bones, skin, heart and blood vessels.
Hormone therapy is often advised to counteract this loss of estrogen.
There are two main types of Hormonetherapy:
- Hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin
- Hormone therapy with only estrogen
The former is advisable for women suffering from surgical menopause. Like any other form of treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- It protects young women from diseases associated with menopause: A hysterectomy is usually performed on women under the age of 50. In such cases, Hormone replacement therapy can protect the women from heart diseases. Removing ovaries before menopause can also increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and dementia.Hormone replacement therapy can help negate these risks.
- Reverse menopausal symptoms: Menopause is associated with a number of symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. Hormone replacement therapy can help treat these symptoms and give you a better quality of life.
- Other health benefits: Hormone replacement therapy can also help fight osteoporosis and strengthen bones. It is also known to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Side effects: Hormone replacement therapy interferes with the natural Hormone production. Thus, it can cause a number of problems such as premenstrual syndrome, swollen breasts, headaches and nausea.
- Increased risk of health issues: Though the odds are low, Hormone replacement therapy can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. It has also been suggestively linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Thus, the choice of whether to have or not to have Hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause is not easy to make. You must consider factors such as your age, lifestyle, family medical history and habits while making this decision. Do not rush into a decision and take your time. Talk to your doctor about the amount of medication needed and the delivery method most suited to you. Hormone replacement therapy can be taken in the form of pills, a patch, gel, vaginal cream or a slow releasing suppository. This should also be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks 6 days. Got my D&C done on 8th March and have not got my periods yet. My stomach looks very bloated with no pain. Wanted to know by when would my periods start? I had regular periods earlier.
Can anyone take primolut N even their periods got started. ? If they took during their periods what will happen?
Hi. My wife had conceived normally and she is 4 months pregnant now. Yesterday night she saw some bleeding while urinating. Is it something serious problem or it can happen while pregnancy.
I am getting irregular periods and my flow of blood is very low not even one drop it comes nearly about a single hair size with white discharge or sometimes one drop please help me I had tried with many doctors, but the tablet doesn't work & i am putting excess of weight and I still dint conceive.
Hello sir, I am prince sir I have one question about my wife. She is suffering on period and period also come only one day. Why period come only one day last period is normal 3 day but this time come only one day.
Hi doctor my wife has a regular period up to last month. Probable starting date was 26-feb-2015. In march she felt some symptoms but there's no bleeding. It is 1 April. She tested for pregnancy but the result was negative. So what the reason. What should we do now. Thanks
I had taken I pill 4 months ago and I bleeding too much. But I missed my period since 3 months. I checked my pregnancy test 2 times. But it was negative. I'm also suffering with PCOD. Taken" deviry 10" medicine from 4 days ago. Is it okay? Or am I pregnant? I'm scared. What should I do? Please suggest doctor. I.
My partner faces a burning sensation n pain in her internal area while having sex as soon as insertion is made. Kindly suggest what to do as daily I am not able to complete my intercourse and both feel unsatisfied. Kindly suggest what to do.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.
I have periods problem. It was always irregular like 2 months once. Others says that my hemoglobin level was low n low bp thats y you r having dia problem and preferred dexorange tonic. But it does not made any affect. Please help. Does dis cause any problem in conceiving.
Did sex on 26th may, it was unprotected and he ejaculate outside, we used withdrawal method. But for safety I took pill with in 5 hrs. And then I got periods on 2nd June and it was a normal period lasted for 5 days but I missed my periods in July and I am not even getting my periods this month. I've done pregnancy test thrice but it showed negative every time. What should I do? Am I pregnant? Or there is some other reason? Do I need to take some medicine?
One ailment that affects a large number of women all over the world is that of breast cysts. Breast cysts are essentially benign abscesses that grow on and around the mammary glands. These cysts primarily develop on account of hormonal changes and are often assumed to develop naturally along with the development of breasts. These cysts are generally filled with fluids, which can be traced around the milk ducts.
Cysts are usually reported among women approaching menopause. While some cysts are of temporary kind, there may be others with a more prolonged run. Early diagnosis and prompt medication ensure that their growth gets arrested at the earliest. Although it is necessary to be vigilant about these eruptions, one need not fear any further exacerbation. Most cysts are harmless in nature and do not proceed to breast cancer. The symptoms as well as the causes of the latter are completely disparate.
However, some classes of cysts are more threatening than the others. These mostly comprise suspended solid elements besides the regular fluid content. Some might even have thicker walls compared to the others. Accordingly, they are called complicated and complex cysts. In these cases, one must exercise caution and get them treated immediately. Some of the most popular remedies include drainage through needle aspiration.
On certain occasions, physicians also recommend biopsy. Wherein, a different mode of treatment ensues. Other ways of tackling breast cysts are ultrasound guidance using local anesthesia. In most cases however, depending upon the traits of the cysts, physicians leave them unaltered. One might choose to remove them for cosmetic as well as comfort purposes. Women come to such decision because breast cysts prove to be painful during menstrual cycles and some might even resent its appearance.
One unavoidable repercussion of needle aspiration is that the cysts tend to come back periodically. Dealing with it then becomes a fairly tedious task. This was known to cause anxiety and depression in a lot of women. Counselling and support group can prove beneficial here. But, the most crucial factor in learning to deal with breast cysts would be generating more awareness with regard to the causes and effects of breast cysts. Also, it is recommended to get your full body check up done at regular intervals to ensure that you are able to prevent any mishappening.
You must have often wondered what’s better for your health - drinking fruit juice or eating whole fruits. Or, you might already be aware about why eating whole fruits is better than drinking them up. Did you know why that’s the case?
While juices may be easier to digest, they still lose the battle to whole fruits when it comes to health benefits.
1. Nutrient content
Many fruits contain edible skins, which are made up of coloured pigments like carotenoids and flavonoids. These pigments are instrumental in protecting your skin from damage that may be caused by exposure to the harmful UV rays of sunlight. So, when you choose fruit juice over fruits, you lose out on this benefit as the juicing process involves the removal of fruit skins.
Also, the juicy pulp of a fruit is rich in fibre and other essential nutrients. For instance orange peels contain vitamin C, which combines with flavonoids to give you healthier skin and stronger bones. Juicing removes the solid parts of the fruit making the beverage devoid of these nutrients. Even if you add pulp to your juice, it only makes up a fraction of the amount contained in raw fruit, and is hence lacking in the benefits that whole fruits offer.
2. Fibre content
Fruit juice has low fibre content in comparison to a fruit as most of the pulp is removed in the process of extracting the juice. For example, consumption of 3-4 apples gives you about 12-15 gm of fibre intake, but if you consume a glass of apple juice containing the same number of fruits, you get only 0.2 gm of fibres.
3. Additive and preservative content
Some acids are present in fruit juices, which have a negative effect on your tooth enamel and roots and can cause tooth decay. People with sensitive teeth are more exposed to the risk of getting damaged teeth if they consume fruit juices regularly. On the other hand, fruits do not come with any such side effects as they don’t contain any artificial additives, which can harm your teeth.
4. Calorie content
There is a prevalent misconception that lack of fibre in fruit juices helps in weight reduction, which makes many people prefer fruit juices over fruits. The truth is that most fruit juices contain added sweeteners (such as sugar), which add to the calorie content of the drink. So, if you want to lose some weight, it’s best to consume whole fruits in place of fruit juices.
Fruit juices may be better alternatives to colas and other carbonated beverages, but are not the best option if you want to be healthier. So, consider the role of fruits in keeping you healthy and whenever given a choice, try to prefer them over fruit juices.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.