Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padam Yadav
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Padam YadavYour feedback matters!
My daughter is just 2 and half year old but has many symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder. She needs many things to be in proper positions. Even at midnight gets up and cries, even if she gets one wrinkle in bedsheet.Really don't understand how to tackle this behaviour? Get worried if it will increase with age?
What are the medicines/ foods/ tips to increase lactation? My kid is 45 days old. I had a c section delivery on 14/9/16.
My 10 month old daughter is facing difficulty in passing stool. She is having very hard potty. Can anybody please suggest any remedy. She has a weight of around 8 kg.
My 6 month baby has started to take solid food. But she refuses milk. I will struggle to her to drink 2ozs milk. But she takes solid food for my compulsion. She doesn't show interest on solid food. My worry is that she is not interested on solid food at the same time she refuses the milk. please give me best solution as soon as possible.
My son aged 12 years reading in Class-VI. Basically he is very obedient in nature but he is very unmindful and sometimes he is alone thinking something else and that's why he could not concentrate in reading and he is very slow learner despite his vigorous labor. He is not interested in sports and other physical activities. He has god gifted singing talent. He usually likes to sit alone. He could not adjust with friends in school properly. He is shaky in unknown areas and could not respond promptly. We the parents are very much anxious about his marks at School and his lonely behaviour. Please let me know whether there is any Education Therapy or any counseling is required for him. If it's required then please tell me how much time will be required for that as we are living at Silchar far distance from Guwahati. Please let me know whether this treatment is available at your organisation.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.