Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Om GoelYour feedback matters!
I want to know the symptoms of brain tumour. Please give me details. If I have vertigenous problem and headache problem should I worry?
She is suffering from paralysis since last 4 year and she is cured approx 80% but still her right leg not proper getting moment and cure she unable to stand up self. She walk using walker. I need help and suggestion what I do. How can she fully recover. Pl help.
The patient is suffering from migraine. Will taking chocolates have good or bad impact on her health?
What are the alternative treatment for LUMBER STENOSIS to avoid surgery. Having numbness in lower limbs but not much back pain.
My mom's age is 54 and she is suffering from sciatic nerve pain problem since 2 years. She has taken therapy and still having medicine medicine but not recovery. Before that she was taking medicine from bangur neurology hospital in kolkata. Please suggest.
I am 75 years old having a problem of insomnia for the last one year. I get hardly 4-5 hrs disturbed sleep at night. Next day through outfeel headache, burning of eyes and feel lousy. It becomes difficult for me to do routine work due to sleepless. I am a diabetic patient under control and also having a prostate problem under treatment. Please advise me the remedy for treatment of insomnia. Thanks.
I am suffering from acute insomnia .This has been happening for a while but now this is worsening and I am not able to sleep at all .I have tried Sunidra tablets but of not much help .Due to this during day time I am not feeling enough refreshed and not able to concentrate on my work properly. I want specifically Ayurveda treatment .Please help me on this.
My friends grandson 16 yrs old is asked to use encorate 200 for 6 months, though the mri scan shows poisitive. Is it advisable to use the medicine for longer period
Mere ko twitching hoti hai. Kabi legs me. Kabi arm me. Kabi abdomen me. Aab blood test thyriod profile, vitamen test normal hai. Kya kahi yeh alas toh nahi hai. Yeh 2015 november se ho raha hai. Tab doctor ne mere ko chest pain ke lie gabapentine dia tha 15 days ke lie. Jab se october 2015 me gabapentin 15 days baad stop kia toh tab se hi twitching ho rahi hai.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.