Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Pandey
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin PandeyYour feedback matters!
I am a 25 years old, from last 3 months I am feeling backache but not regularly, can you please suggest me the right postures for sitting, also feeling same ache whenever sleep. I used to sleep on floor, even I am getting ache. Whenever I fold my left leg for 3 mins, it's sensing some ache over there. Is there any connection between lower back pain and leg?
My papa is suffering from back pain from last 3 years. They have consulted with many doctors and all have given there own opinion. The pain occurs at very bottom of back bone. Tell me some home made remedies which could reduce pain. Or give some medical ways to reduce pain. thanks.
Sir, i have back left lumber spin pain since 2 months. unable to stand/sit more than 3 hours. no pain while sleeping. mri scan report is" bulging disc with broad central left paracentral protrusion at l5-s1 level narrowing spinal canal, left lateral recess, indending the the cal sac, bilateral moderate inferior neural foraminal compromise & slightly indenting the traversing nerve roots on lest side. is it must to go for surgery, can it recovered with physiotherapy?
I am feeling electrical sensation in my right hand Thumb for which it is difficult to move my thumb in any direction. Please advise me in this regard. Thanks.
She is suffering from back pain from last 1month and she is taking combiflam when the pain increases.
Recently two weeks back I have observed that the muscles of biceps are automatically contracting. Why it is like? I don't have any other symptoms related to it.
I have grade 2 tear in posterior horn of medial meniscus of my left knee. Its now over 4 months in a football game. I can walk normally but after running for few meters I get knee pain also after walking distance of over 2 km I get pain. Is any surgery needed or rest is enough.
Hi, I am 35 years old, I have a pain in the toe (ring toe). What might be the reason. Please advise. I'm unable to walk fast. I get pain in the nerves.
My father of 64 years old suffering from knee and joint pains. Is there any best method or medicine to get cure or get relief in Daily life?
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
Always remember 'a stitch in time saves nine'