Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neha Visht
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Neha VishtYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old male, I have a mild sensational problem on my left hand side. It is below my arms. I have took an MRI Scan. My MRI Impression is "Right posterolateral disc protrusion at C4-C5, compression the cord, with features of compression cervical myelopathy at C4-C5. There is a mild narrowing of both neural foramen, impinping on bilateral C5 nerve root. Minimal posterior disc bulge at C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels, indenting the theca. Bilateral facial hypertrophy at L4-L5. I need suggestion regrading this. My neurologist's advice is for the spinal surgery and I am not interested in that. Please give me a proper solution for this problem. Regards, Rafeeq.
I am suffering from back pain actually my nerve had pressed doctor recommended surgery but my family is not ready m in great pain what to do.
I have a back pain in last 3 months , I am 20 years old, have if got any relief. What should I do now?
I am suffering from my back pain frequently. I already used pain ointment like volini. What should I do.
I am having frozen shoulder since last 2 years. Taken pain killer. Etc. But there is no improvement. Please guide.
He is suffering from chest pain. Then we went to one doctor and we took X-ray. Doctor said muscle pain. And we exactly donno what is the reason for his chest pain.
As the world has moved and is moving towards a more sedentary lifestyle, where non sedentary jobs have become lesser, posture is something that tends to get affected a lot.
Let's look at how some of these bad body postures can affect your health in the long run:
- Increases depression and stress: Many studies have revealed that walking or sitting in a slouched or generally bad position increases the susceptibility to depression and stress. Slouching or sitting in a bad position and thus developing a bad posture will constrict the body, resulting in the poor blood flow. This may cause you to be irritable and tired and over a long time it will contribute to depression and increased stress levels.
- Bad breathing patterns: The lungs and the rib cage in your body need to be expanded fully to work at their best capacity. However, due to bad body postures, the rib cage and the lungs will be constricted and not be able to work at full capacity. This over time will build up to create long term problems with breathing as well as other resulting health problems.
- Problems with digestion: As is the case with breathing problems, when the body posture is not correct it will also affect digestion. This is so, as bad posture also affects the intestines and if they are pressured or constricted in any way, will affect the entire digestion process. Slouching may also cause you to develop a paunch or belly over time due to a combination of bad postures and digestive problems.
- Developing chronic pain in the back shoulders and neck: This is probably the most common and the most quickly noticeable problem, if you have a bad posture. Most of the population with sedentary lifestyle either currently has or has experienced this problem in their back, shoulders and neck. This is again due to constrictions of the muscles and misalignment of the various bones that support these parts. Long term misalignment could cause deformities that could spiral into problems, which are far worse.
- Headaches caused by muscle tension within the body due to bad postures: This has afflicted most of the sedentary work force all over the work, at some point of time or the other. While sitting in a bad position for a prolonged period, the tension in the muscles will build up releasing chemicals that may contribute to headaches. If these become frequent they could contribute to other health problems such as high blood pressure in the long run.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!