Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neha Mittal
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Neha MittalYour feedback matters!
I am 40 yr old. I have severe backache for the last 2 months. In my mri report I have a diffuse disc bulge at l5-s1. Could I go for operation or it can be cured by taking medicines only.
I have back muscle stretching problem and my Ls spine xray report are normal but there is some kind of back stretching problem so please give me a proper solution as soon as possible.
My mom is suffering from severe knee pain. Please tell me the check process and what might be the problem she is suffering from? She is 55 years old.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
There are advanced and scientific treatments available now for severe knee pains. They include intra-articular injection of ozone, PRP, steroid, local anesthetic medication in isolation or in combination. These are cost-effective and easily accepted by patients.
Physiotherapy helps in restoration of movements of knee in a pain-free manner. Pain management specialist deals with knee comprehensively.