Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naresh JainYour feedback matters!
I had long hair before. I had cut it short just for some different look. But its not growing again since last two months. My hair is frizzy. How do I give them a shiny look and also have lost volume. Kindly suggest.
Whenever gas forms in my stomach then small pimples are created on my whole body. Specially on back shoulders. What is the cure?
I am losing hair day by day. I tried many oils and shampoos but nothing helpful. If it not stop front side of my head become bald. please help me to get rid of this problem as soon as possible.
I am 19 years old I oil and shampoo my hairs regularly and now I have little hairfall problem and my hairs are silky type so what should I do to prevent hairfall.
How to take care of scalp? I didn't use oils but am using serum for hair , but how can I take care of scalp.
What is Acne?
Acne is a chronic inflammatory disease of the pilo sebaceous follicles (i.e. Hair with oil producing glands attached to hair) characterized by comedones (blackheads and whiteheads), papules, pustules, nodules and ultimately leading to scars.
Who gets Acne?
Close to 100% of people between the ages of twelve and seventeen have at least an occasional whitehead, blackhead or pimple regardless of race or ethnicity. Acne starts between the ages of ten and fifteen years of age and usually lasts till twenty years of age; however, acne can persist into the late twenties or thirties or even beyond. Some people get acne for the first time as adults and this is known as adult acne.
What are the causes of Acne?
- Bacteria: Bacteria that normally lives on the skin plays a role in acne development. The bacteria are known as propionibacterium acnes (p. acnes). The bacteria content can increase in people whose faces are not clean.
- Hormones: During the teen years increased levels of sex hormones causes the oil glands of the skin to produce increased amount of oil. These excess skin oils tend to bind with cellular debris causing a blockage and producing a fertile environment for the bacteria to grow.
The bacteria causes inflammation, pus, swelling and redness. In adult acne, excessive hormones produced due to polycystic ovaries and other hormonal imbalances causing excess oil production and inflammation, which leads to acne.
What are the factors that precipitate or aggravate acne?
- Stress- Stress is frequently implicated in aggravation of acne while acne itself induces stress.
- Sweat- Sweating in a hot and humid environment causes deterioration in 15% of acne patients.
- Menstruation- Pre menstrual flare of acne occurs in 70% of female acne patients.
- Friction and pressure- Friction and pressure from helmets, backpacks and tight collars can induce blackheads and papules. Pressure from face massages or facials can aggravate acne.
- Pregnancy- Pregnancy has an unpredictable effect on acne. Pre-existing acne may aggravate or remit during pregnancy.
- Diet- High glycemic load foods (sugar loaded and starchy foods), oily foods may aggravate acne.
- Drugs- Oral contraceptives, anti tuberculosis medication, oral steroids, anti depressants may aggravate acne.
It is advisable to visit a board certified dermatologist for treatment of acne instead of over the counter treatment as the dermatologist treats the root cause of acne.