Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Mukta VasalYour feedback matters!
I'm 30 years of age. I have been noticing that I forget things very easily now a days. It's bit difficult to grasp new knowledge. Is it memory issue or something else? I am quick learner person. Please suggest some remedy for this problem.
I am male age 25 suffering from social anxiety. I am taking 2 capsules of ashwagandha and 2 capsules of brahmi will this help me?
Now a days I am preparing for exams . My exams are starting next month I am not concentrate my studies more than one hour after that my head eye pain chest pain occurred sometime back pain Mostly it is happening when I was online study I don't understand what is the problem why I not concentrate on my study I want get rid of it and don't want wearing glasses.
Sir mai jab study karta hu to thodi der baad bhul jata hu. Aisa lagta hai ki main apni padhai chod du. Man m ajib ajib khyal aate hai.
I have lost my gf few days ago. She was so close to me. I am not treating well now. I am feeling hopeless, depressed, annoyed. I am losing my mental stability.
I am a student and I memorized my chapter. I forget it very quickly. During my exam it's totally wiped out from my mind. It's happening since 1 Yr. Earlier it wasn't happening. Any suggestions or medicine.
Respected sir/mam, I am taking the following medications for depression nd borderline Personality disorder: Venlafaxine-150 mg bd Oxcarbazepine-300 mg od Risperidone- 1 mg od Can I take Himalaya brahmi capsules daily? Will there be any drug interactions with above listed medication. Please guide me. want to take brahmi tablets becoz of memory problems.
I have pcos for a long time. I am under regular followups. But I am facing anxiety and depression all the time, which has affected my sleep. I am facing it since a long time. What should I do?
Hello. I am 25 year old girl. Working in bank, last two years I was having fear of heart disease, whenever I scared my heart beats fast. Docs says it is becoz anxiety? I hve done ECG in april and it appears normal. But still I m in that fear? I do not no what to do.
Sir how I reduce my stress. I dogs or exercise daily but if some things is happened than I will take more stress.
Am 23 year old. I love living healthy and eating health. But due to some reason I have been taking some anti depressant tablets for about 3 months. Due to sleep disorders. I could not sleep well, I always think about my heart beats and what if I will die will sleeping. Its very frustrating some times and as a result I bust out with tears some time. But when I do so I feel relaxed and could sleep. For about past few days am trying to avoid these anti depressant tablets, coz I dnt want to get use to it. But due ti that am felling light headed, in night while closing my eyes I think about how will I sleep without the medicine. Am so screws and messed up. Please if some can help me out, how can I get rid off this please.
Where do negative thinking comes from? I am 21 years old and long back from childhood itself I am very much negative thinker and now negative thinking has became my personality trait, my each thought is negative and I know that I have to change this thought using CBT but I can't change my thoughts every time . I have some other works too ,I cannot sit and change my every thought I have negative thoughts for all aspects of my life am a complete failure because of my thinking But I can't break the comfort zone of negative thinking pattern How to get out of this trap.
Doctor my girlfriend does not have mom from the birth time and she crys every night when we used to walk together and talk she used to be happy but my parents knows about her and my father bad me so badly so I cannot meet her and my mom says me because she is from different religion what should I do and doctor she is very nice to me but I gets angry very quickly I have a lots of ego and attitude doctor we love each other what should I do and she always comes in my dream I always miss her 25 december was her happy she was so happy that I meet her she gave me a hug to but my parents does not like it because she is from different religion what should I do doctor she always crys in the night I hope you understand how she feels without a mom she crys alot which makes me sad what to do?
Blessed are the parents whose children enjoy going to schools. Some parents have to sweat it out to convince and cajole their kids into going to schools. Every morning brings in a new struggle. You will often come across kids who hate going to schools. From complaining of a headache to stomach aches, they will try everything under the sun to give the school a miss. With time, however, things get under control, much to the parent's relief.
The situation gets dicey when children continue to panic, get stressed out at the mere thought of going to school (for a longer duration of time). With time, things get more and more complicated. A situation as critical as this is known as School Refusal Behavior. School refusal can affect children, adolescents, and even teenagers.
Factors that trigger school refusal behavior:
School refusal in children may be an amalgamation of many factors:
- In some children, the problem may be due to ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). It is a common behavioral disorder that affects many children and even teenagers. In ADHD, children find it a herculean task to concentrate or to pay attention in class. Needless to say, this affects a child's overall performance in class. The fear of getting rebuked and punished (by teachers) may trigger school refusal in such children.
- Many parents set unrealistic goals for their children. They want their children to be the best. What they fail to realize is that in doing so, they end up suffocating the kids. In few extreme cases, the pressure to excel in academics grips them with an unknown fear. They start avoiding classes. They get panic attacks at the mention of schools.
- There are some menaces which can make life miserable. Being bullied in school (by classmates or seniors) is one such issue. As time progresses, the situation may get so unbearable that the child at the receiving end starts showing signs of school refusal.
- Children with undiagnosed and untreated depression, stress, and anxiety may show signs of school refusal. Such kids prefer to stay within themselves. They don't enjoy social gatherings or interacting with people much.
- Some children want to be with their parents all the time. Going to school would mean being away from parents. Thus, they look for excuses to avoid schools.
The symptoms characteristic of school refusal behavior include
- Irritability, inflexibility, and anger.
- Nausea, headache, stomach ache, vomiting.
- The affected child may show signs of separation anxiety.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Tantrums in the morning.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
School refusal needs to be dealt with as early as possible since the longer the child stays away from school, the more difficult it will become for him/her to return to school.
- The Screen for Child Anxiety Related Emotional Disorders (SCARED).
- The Children's Manifest Anxiety Scale.
- The Child Behavior Checklist.
Parents, physician, and school authorities should together chalk out a plan to deal with the situation.
- Cognitive therapy can produce fruitful results.
- Any student subjected to bullying should bring it to the notice of their parents and teachers.
- Parents should not pressurize their child to over perform.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!