Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Devika MalikYour feedback matters!
1. Initially I get erection (that too not satisfactory) but I loose it as I get ready for intercourse, after that I find it hard to get an erection and maintain it. Sometimes when I get full erection I loose it gradually as soon as I perform intercourse 2. I get to climax within 0-10 seconds Due to this I am not able to enjoy my married life, I am married since 3 years Other problems - I have acute sinusitis, digestion problem and anxiety / depression related issues, and frequent urination problem. Out of this currently I am undergoing unani treatment for sinus and frequent urination.
My daughter aged 26, unmarried, graduated as MBBS, pursuing higher studies abroad, at times cries out due to selfish behavior of people around, expecting others/colleagues to reciprocate in good way as she does, etc. What is a peace of advice to improve her tolerance and check her emotional/sentimental out bursts so that she is able to over come this and remain happy.
Bipolar mood disorder, otherwise called manic depressive disorder or manic depression, is a genuine and serious mental problem. It is a disorder that can lead to unsafe conduct, damaged relations and career, and even self-destructive inclinations if it is not treated properly and on time.
Bipolar disorder is portrayed by outrageous changes in the state of mind, from mania to depression. Between these mood swings, a man with bipolar disorder may encounter normal moods as well. Here is how it can affect a relationship:
- Bipolar disorder can turn into an issue from the very begin of a relationship. Exploring any sentimental relationship - whether it is dating or marriage - can be a risky attempt. Including bipolar disorder with its crazy ride of feelings in with the general problems in a relationship, and connections can turn out to be all the more difficult.
- However, not everybody with bipolar disorder encounters the state of mood swings of depression and mania, but when those scenes do happen, they can destroy a relationship.
- During the hyper stage, a person can lose his or her feeling of judgment. That implies spending all their money carelessly, breaking rules, and taking part in dangerous practices like medication and liquor abuse. When you have a partner with the bipolar issue who gets into a hyper stage, it can be extremely harmful to a great degree for the relationship since they might do things that hurt you or may trouble you financially.
- Any number of things, from work problems to financial issues, can lead to fights and put a strain on a marriage. However, if one of the partners has a bipolar disorder, simple stressors can trigger their mood swings. That might be the reason why around ninety percent of the relations and marriages with a bipolar partner, fail.
- Having a relationship when you live with bipolar disorder is troublesome. Nevertheless, it can surely be dealt with. It takes the efforts of both the partners to make it work.
The initial step is to get diagnosed and treated for your condition. Your specialist can give you hormone balancing drugs, for example, Lithium, with antidepressants to control your symptoms. Treatment with a clinician or psychologist is additionally vital. With treatment, you can figure out how to control the practices that are putting pressure on your relationship.
Here are a couple of different approaches to alleviate a portion of the weight on your relationship:
- Take your medicine as recommended
- Take a marriage education and counselling class
- Manage your stress in different ways whether it is writing in a diary, taking long strolls, or listening to music
- Attempt to adjust work with more calming exercises
- Adhere to a customary rest cycle
- Eat healthy and exercise frequently
- Maintain distance from liquor and caffeine
What happens after getting treated for depression treatment, the person is out of depression but the side effect has resulted into insomnia. So sleep pills is the only solution left with the person. Which is better course of action homeopathy or allopath?
Hai doctor. Next week I will marry my boy friend. But I already loose my virginity by old lover. Is any pbm for me and pls tell me the techniques for escape from my boy friend. What should I do?
I am addicted to my cell phone badly .its the time of my boards and instead of studying. I remain involved in my phone. I make plans to study but then I fail in executing them because of the temptations from my mobile. please help!
I am 39 years old. I have too much of work stress. Due to which I feel tightness in my chest and heavy brain. How to reduce my stress?
I frequently get angry. I can not even bear even a small problem. And I always think to committed suicide. Why?
I don't remember my study related things and I want to develop my concentration can anyone please help me.
I am a 19 years old. I have been depressed 3 years ago but in between I was little depressed. Doctor has advice me to take C pram s.10 mg.tab. And olimelt 2.5 mg. And szetalo 5 mg. I am feeling like recovered. How many days I have to take medicines. Doctor has not decreased it Is it essential or not .or I have to continue taking it. Plzzz I want to know .can you plzz ans my question Plzz doctor I take 2 olimelt 2.5 tab and 1 c pram s 10 mg and 1 szetalo 5 mg at night.
I have smoked ganja. My heart is beating very fast and my head is paining and chakkar aa rhe hai. I feel I m going to dead. Please help me.
I hv so much anger if I do not like anything firstly I behave politely bt whn the person can not understand or can not improve himself I shout a lot. I think I hv to run away or kill myself. I do the same on small issues. Bt aftr a while I thought what I was doing and I feel so depress and mentally and physically tired. I do not want to loose temper bt helpless nobody believes me nothing in my control. please help. Any medicine any home remedy please suggest. I will be thankful.
I am not able to respond on the time when a question is asked. Its taking time to respond. How to sharpen my brain.
Sir, Interest is not came in my life now, I fear something daily don't know and why I fear. Im a graduate of BCA ,I fear to stay single in new place except relative home. I don't know why I fear this happen run in last 5 yrs. Asked the question to me in any staff and I knew the answer but I say to fear. What's the problem for me sir.
A vitamin is an organic compound, which is required by the human body in appropriate amounts to ensure the proper and healthy functioning of the various body parts. These vitamins help you in being healthy and maintaining an optimum level of brain activity. The deficiency of the same can cause you to have various health issues and illnesses.
B Vitamins are of various subtypes, and they are collectively known as B-Complex Vitamins. These vitamins are medically proven to relieve stress and boost up your energy levels. They also fight depression, restrict brain ageing and help you to live a longer life. Here's how B vitamins help in keeping your brain healthy.
- Prevent mental decline: The three vitamin B types that help to avoid a mental decline are: B6, B12, and B9 (Folic Acid). Additionally, these 3 vitamins also prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Act as dopamine boosters: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter inside the brain that that boosts productivity, motivation and focus among human beings. This helps to ensure your mental well-being keep you mentally happy. B vitamins enhance your brain health by facilitating an increase in dopamine levels.
- Lets you avoid mental disorders: The lack of Vitamin B12 leads to certain mental disorders like- dementia, brain atrophy, brain shrinkage, depression, and schizophrenia. You can avoid this condition by taking Vitamin B12 supplements.
- Sharpen memory: In case you have a short term memory or face other memory problems, various forms of B vitamins supplements will help you to regain the optimal state of mind.
Hi, am 27 years old I hve an habit of smoking from past 3 years I will take 2 cig per day, but now am willing to quit smoking as soon as possible please suggest me how can I quit smoking asap.
Stress in mechanics is a load, pull or force or a system of forces producing a strain. In life, any event or situation that produces a strain therefore induces a physiological strain.
At work place, a system of forces work to produce desired results which more often than not produce a state of strain or makes an individual's life stressful. But the consequences of chronic stress are not just on individual health and well being but on the organizations as well. This affects the productivity and competitiveness. When an organisation faces a challenge, the flight or fright reaction ensues leading to increased threat perception, alertness and activity. In short term, it can improve productivity, but in case a state of threat is perpetually present like in case of a team led by an anxious or high strung individual, it produces chronic stress leading to lowering of performance. More often, sources of stress at work place are poor communication, unclear roles, discrepancies in expectations and skills, insecurity and sudden and significant change in work structure , to list a few.
Sources of Organisational Stress
Unclear role / objectives
Role conflict (project management)
Over / under promotion
Lack of training
Social or physical isolation
Unrealistic deadlines / targets
Lack of control over decisions
Lack of feedback on good performance
Work overload / underload
Long working hours
The nervous system of an individual facing work stress due to any factor will react by producing a flight or fight response with ensuing physiological and/or psychological changes. These changes produce behavioural effects which if prolonged can be identified as signs of stress. While physical effects of stress lead to higher sick leaves, accident and absenteeism, psychological effects cause high anxiety and irritability leading to lower performance, disturbances in interpersonal relationship and more mistakes and miscalculations due to disturbance in concentration and self confidence .
Signs of rising stress:
Loss of pleasure in things once enjoyed
Irritability and impatience
Tiredness, lack of energy
Inability of concentrate, meet deadlines or make decisions
Increasing cynicism or loss of trust
Anxiety / panic attacks
Sense of losing control over events
Concerns over the effects of organizational stress on productivity, absenteeism and health related problems and consumption have substantially increased over past few decades. Employee health and well being are important assets to organizations and businesses. The Human Resource Department thus needs to watch for signs of stress in the employees and create an environment where the effects of stress can be mitigated. It requires understanding individual skills and deficiencies, clear and adequate communication, promoting an environment where deficiencies can be worked on without lowering self esteem or producing insecurity, encouraging support among team/staff members etc. On a personal level, individuals need to reduce stress by prioritizing their goals and following time management and self -fulfilment activities.
Ways to control stress
Participate in decisions
Ensure travel commitments are reasonable
Make time for yourself
Allocate 'self' time
Pursue a hobby
Look after yourself
Access support (Manager, Occupational Health / HR, Local agencies)
An in house counsellor who can maintain confidentiality and acts a bridge between the organization leaders and teams goes a long way in ensuring adequate stress management.