Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Devika Malik
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Devika MalikYour feedback matters!
My sister is being real weird since past 2/3 years. She suddenly starts running and then stops ,smiles and murmurs something (while watching TV, having dinner) she does not concentrate on what the other person is talking to her she just smiles talks to herself (which kind of freaks other people like her classmates or friend) due to which nobody talks to her in class/tuitions. Recently she started to talk to herself loudly and kind of remain usually in deep thought and would on the bed for the whole day and when somebody interrupts her she gets agitated and mannerlessly shoos the person. Once she told me 'get out of my room you're not my sister There's lot more weird things about her that I can't tell here. Her concentration to do any work is lacking day by day. Her grades are getting worse and worse. I don't if these requires some serious treatment. I don't whom to contact. Please help out.
I am 21 yead old and my parents are divorced due to which I couldnt own anything since childhood. I get attached to people very soon. I need to be strong but I cnt take decisions. I lack self confidence. I broke up wd my frst boyfrnd which pulled me real down and I keep begging him to stay bcz he use to be my backbone. Am I going through depression? Why do I always need an emotional support?
I have been diagnosed neuro depression 27 years back in 1988 and was advised depsonil 75 mg. 10 yera back I switched it to prothidiane 50 mg. I have improved a lot in comparison. Can I switch to some safer and better drug.
Anxiety is a disorder where the body is in a state of alertness as a result of a stressful situation. It is an inbuilt mechanism, which can result from stress, threat or pressure. Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The blood supply to the brain increases during anxiety, thereby quickening heart rate and tensing the muscles of the body to facilitate a state of high alertness. High anxiety levels can give rise to a number of health issues, reason why you should try to minimize your anxiety levels.
Here are 5 reasons to get rid of anxiety:
1. High blood pressure - Spikes in blood pressure occur during periods of anxiety. These temporary spikes can result in damage to heart health and blood vessels in the body. Anxiety may also cause a person to smoke or consume alcohol, which affects blood pressure.
2. Stomach problems - Anxiety is known to cause problems in digestion as symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and an upset stomach are reported to occur. It may cause vomiting, abdominal pain, and constipation.
3. Weight gain - Binge eating during periods of anxiety can cause weight gain in affected people. A study reported that stressed out women processed fat and sugar in a different manner than usual, thereby leading to an increase in weight. Weight gain can give rise to other complications like diabetes and high blood pressure.
4. Disorders of the respiratory system - People with respiratory diseases face complications due to anxiety. Breathing problems such as hyperventilation can cause further complications.
5. Depression - Anxiety can cause a person to develop depression, which can be life-threatening. Thus, preventing anxiety can help in preventing depression as well.
6. Any obvious reason: Anxiety can occur sometime without any obvious reason. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.