Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ma Mir
Submit a review for Dr. Ma MirYour feedback matters!
Recently after my tour to. Orissa I am facing problem of regular urge to go to toilet. I pass small amount of stool but always get an urge. Feeling Bloating of tummy. Request suggest me medicines.
Hello. Im Nagamani from mysore. Im suffering from heavy gastritis problem. Already doctor suggest coloscopy. Result is normal. Doctor prefer some medicines bt my problem is not solve. I m also suffering ibs problem. So I want to relief. So I ask your suggestion and guidance. Thank you Nagamani.
Sensing chest burn whenever l eat fried or rich food. This is happening for the last couple of months. Pls suggest a permanent relief. I used to take Tab. FAMOCID 40 whenever l feel acidity.
I am feeling discomfort all the time in my stomach. I also feel burning sensation in my belly and upper belly. I have a history of acidity. In winter I feel some relief from this but in summer it came back again and again. What kind of treatment I need to make myself fit again.
Sir whenever I eat something. I have digestion problem. I cannot eat anything. I am facing gastro plan for two months kindly suggest some natural remedies which can help. Me ro overcome from this situation. Pls refer natural remedies.
During going to toilet am finding blood stains in motion, but I don't feel pain what is the reason behind this?
I have a problem of hyper acidity and heavy gas problem. By noon my stomach fills with gas and feel abdominal pain. Also some sound arouse in stomach and also release heavy sound gas. Also feels to go toilet and abnormal discharge of stool with sound. Apart from this no other problem feels. Frequent to go toilet is a worrying and please help and suggest some medicines.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pains
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!