Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ismit TyagiYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from knee pain along with cracking sound while sitting. Some people say its because of lack of fluid in knee. What should I do please suggest me? I am taking medicine prescribed by safdarjung doctor along with exercise. M totally get tensed wht should I do?
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi, I am having ligament pain issue in my right leg ankle from past 6 months. Consulted Arpho and physiotherapy but did worked out. Please help
Mere right leg main pain rahta h. Yah pain hips se suru hokar pure peir main rahta h bottom tk. Iski kya wajah h.Please tell.
Sir I have problem regarding joint pain since 2 years that why I unable walk properly and unable to stand properly.
I am suffering from stomach pain since two days and vomthings since two days and the legs are paining and not feeling sleep.
Hi. This is renu I am a 31 yes female. I have a back pain from last 2 years. I have taken so many treatment but I didn't get any response. Can you please help me out reg. This.
Hi doctor I have a lower back pain 6 month I went doctor they are given tablets now also I am taking that mediation still I have pain.
Hi, I am 32 years old every night my right hand's finger is paining and burning since last one year. at Morning my hands are fine.
I'm suffering from gas problem it continue more than five to six years now I am 35, I work as a accountant so, always siting in. Front of desktop i'm feeling very unfit from last two years i'm not fatty but belly is so increased my waist is 36 and belly 42 inch. So please tell me how to reduce my gas and leg shoulder elbow join pain? one things missing that is I have dysentery long time.
I am a male 41 years old. I am having backache for the last 2 years or so. Sometimes pain gets shifted to my legs also. I am taking ayurvedic medicnes for the same due to which I am having some relief. But still getting up immidiately from the bed, sitting without support, sitting on ground, lifting even 5 kg of weight , all these normal works are a pain for me. I had taken xray in which doctor told there is gap in spinal cord due to which this pain is occurring. Pl suggest exercise /solution for this problem
I have problem in my knees. I do not know why? Bt its painful. Sometime I can not stand on feet. What kind of problem this is? Any solution.
Shin splints' is a condition, which is characterized by pain in the shin bone, the bone that is present in front of the leg. Shin splints tend to occur quite frequently in runners and dancers as their activities tend to stress the shin bone.
Causes: When excess force is applied to the shinbone, it may result in swelling of the muscles, causing pain and inflammation. It may also occur from stress reactions to fractures in the bone. Cracks tend to develop due to constant application of force in the bones. If the area is not well rested then these cracks will not heal and ultimately lead to a complete fracture.
Some other causes of shin splints are:
- Muscle imbalance in the glutes or the thighs
- Anatomical deformity such as flat foot
- Not using proper form during training
- Lack of flexibility
- If you wear improper shoes during workouts, then it may lead to shin problems
- Running downhill may lead to excessive stress on the shin leading to shin splints
The symptoms of shin splints are:
- You may experience swelling in the lower leg
- A dull pain in the front portion of the leg
- Tenderness around the shin area
- Numbness around the shin area
- Inflammation in the shin area
- You may experience severe pain while walking
Treatment: The basic treatment for shin splints is the RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) protocol. It means allowing the leg to rest, applying ice packs and wearing compression bandages. It is recommended to take rest and not exert the leg beyond a certain point to limit the damage. The complications that may result from shin splints are compartment syndrome, where there is buildup of pressure in the muscle. In some cases, where the muscle tears off from the bone, a surgery may be required to treat this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.