Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geeta Baruah Nath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta Baruah NathYour feedback matters!
She is having her foots always burning they are too hot we have consulted many doctors about that but there is no solution yet.
I am 36 years in my hsg report the impression shows that right fallopian tube not appreciated. Patent fallopian tube on left. In vaginal scan my right ovary is not visualized and left is healthy. My husband semen analysis shows that he has 30 mm and he has some puss cell. My gyn done follicular study I had dominant follicle of 20 mm and she injected hcg and next day she did iui procedure. Is there possibility of getting pregnant and this is my second issue after 10 years. How to know if the follicle released good quality egg if it fails what is the reason.
Hi my wife aged 22 waiting for baby Lmp Feb 8, on march 12 (33 rd day) take home pregnancy test is positive then take BHCG value is 34 On march 15 (36 th day) start bleeding Without any menses symptoms so repeat BHCG result value 96 but still have spotting We are really confused what's going on.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be
- Urinary tract infections is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
On which days I can have sex without condoms or pills. My periods came after 30 days and past was on 5 jan.
I am 27 years old female what is the reason there no single drop of amniotic fluid at csec delivery time there is no leakage before delivery time. Please advice
Hi I am newly married I married on 11th may but I do not have sex with my wife because I am feeling very shy to be naked in front of her I want to do it tonight please advice what to do how should I ask for sex to her.
Are you aware of the function of appetite hormones in your body? Appetite hormones or hunger hormones are the hormones which are responsible for making you feel hungry, and also account for a decreased appetite, which is common for all of us at times.
Leptin and Ghrelin are the two primary appetite hormones, which are produced in your body.
Ghrelin is your body’s appetite increasing hormone, which gets released in the stomach. It is responsible for signaling hunger to your brain. It is said that the ghrelin levels in your body play an important role in how quickly you feel hungry after having a meal. Usually, the ghrelin levels increase before you eat. This signifies that you are hungry. They go down for almost three hours after your meal. It is believed that ghrelin plays a more important role in the regulation of your body weight, which is a much more complex procedure.
Among the two appetite hormones, leptin accounts for being the appetite suppressing hormone. It is considered to play a more important role than ghrelin in maintaining the energy balance of your body. It is also believed that leptin is responsible for the regulation of ghrelin. Leptin helps in signaling the brain that your body has enough energy in the form of body fat. It is considered that the more fat you have, the more amount of leptin is present in your blood. However, the level varies based on factors such as when you took your last meal, and your sleeping patterns.
How to control your hunger hormones?
There are certain ways by which you can control your appetite hormones. It can be done primarily by avoiding food items that contain high fat. When you eat, messages are transmitted to several parts of your body, indicating that you have had enough. While consuming fatty food, this system does not send messages as effectively. Consuming fat makes you consume more calories, which in turn lets you store fat and gain fat.
It has been proven that either a diet which is rich in good carbohydrates or a diet which is high in protein, suppresses your ghrelin production more effectively than a high fat diet. It is important for you to get proper sleep for controlling your appetite hormones. Studies prove that sleep deprivation is associated with an increase in your ghrelin levels, appetite, and hunger, compared to people who get 10 hours sleep on a regular basis.
Stretchmarks are types of scars, that develop when the kind stretches or tends to shrink quickly. They occur especially when the skin reaches the peak of its elasticity and can’t expand any more. Weight gain due to pregnancy or puberby, is one of the primary reasons behind the occurrence of stretch marks. The connective tissue breaks in and collagen, which is the primary structural protein found in skin, found deep underneath the skin of individuals.
Though stretch marks are quite common but things become really become tough for people to accept, especially during summer, when more skin is exposed. They do not cause any pain to individuals but can affect as person’s confidence and self-esteem. Keeping the areas covered in front of public is not always possible, hence have to take necessary precautions every time, before going out.
Various Derma Treatment Options
There are various innovative treatments in dermatology, which help get rid of stretchmarks. Those include:
- Fractional Laser: The very first option that we look at for treating the problem of stretchmarks, is through fractional laser. This a very fast and easy treatment method. The patient satisfaction rating is high and the laser, which gets used, is controlled in an precise manner. The therapy works well on any part of the body and can help treat new as well as old stretch marks. The process involves, application of an anesthetic cream on the skin, for close to half an hour, then wash off. Then a gliding gel would allow the robotic hand piece to glide over the skin. A cooling machine is used to ensure that the individual feels comfortable. The skin would be red in colour up to 5 days after treatment. It is important, while choosing a skin to perform this fractional laser treatment, to ensure that he or she is properly trained. It is advisable to ask for some pictures as proof to show the existence of stretch marks and then removal of those, after he has performed this treatment on individuals.
- Retinoid Creams: Retinoid creams are those which can also help improve the appearance of stretch marks but only if they still pink or red in colour. These creams help in rebuilding the collagen in the skin, which would allow making the skin get back its normal look.
- Blue Light Therapy: This therapy works best on those having newer stretch marks. Individuals would come across improvements in their skin but it does not guarantee complete stretch mark removal.
- Chemical Peels: Individuals suffering problem of stretch marks can get their problems solved through the use of chemical peels. This involves, applying a chemical solution to the skin, thus help remove the skin’s top layer. This gives rise to the activation of newer skin cells, providing a fresher look to the skin.
- Microdermabrasion: One of the effective methods in dermatology to remove stretch marks is, microdermabrasion. This is done through a hand held device, which would blow crystals onto the skin and hence get it polished. The crystals would then get vacuumed up with skin’s dead cells, thereby revealing newer looking skin.