Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Gayanendar YadavYour feedback matters!
Depression is one of the complex physical and psychological disorders. The disease is characterized by loss of pleasure or interest, sadness, feelings of guilt, low self worth, disturbed sleep and appetite, poor concentration and feelings of tiredness. The common effect of this condition is leads to the decreased activity level in some parts of the brain. The disease is a mild one that causes little annoyance in daily life. But the extreme stages may lead to severe effects where the affected person may fail to participate in their social life. In rare cases severity of suicide is even possible.
Depression is diagnosed by these symptoms:
- Lack of interest or joy in activities
- Sadness or low mood levels
- Feel of guilt without any reason
- Inferiority thoughts
- Slow thought process
- Slow in interpreting sensorial stimuli
- Slow physical reactions
- Slow physical processes or digestion.
Types of depression
It can be either be a single disease or the effect of other diseases. It can also be due to two or more factors. Based on the cause the disease, it has been divided into six types, which are
- Reactive depression: Caused due to psychological struggle and stress.
- Endogenous depression: Caused due to strain or lack of rest.
- Depression by physical disease: This is caused due to any physical disease such as Parkinson’s disease, stroke, hypertension, heart disease, cushing’s syndrome, mononucleosis, hypothyroidism neurotransmitters in the brain etc.
- Depressive consequence of unsound lifestyle: This is caused due to less exercise, too much alcohol, coffee or tea consumption, least intake of necessary nutrients, too much sugar intake and fat.
- Postnatal depression: This happens mostly in women after pregnancy and child birth.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This happen due to cold and dark seasons of the year. The lack of light is the factor for causing depression as well.
Treatment of depression
Best way to treat depression is through Psychotherapy, also anti - depression medicines are usually prescribed to treat the effects of depression. But the intake of these types of medicines result in nervous disorder. However, the best way to treat is through environmental changes and positive and happy surrounds to the affected person along with psychological counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.