Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
I am 65 years old. I am a diabetic type 2 with high blood pressure since last 20 years. I take glycomet gp2 forte one in morning and glycomet gp 1 forte in night. I take tazlok am tablet once in a day. Fasting sugar is 114 and pp is 176. I am also sufferin from joint pain with arthiritis since last 10-15 years. Doctors only prescribe pain killers with different names. When I take pain killer tablet get some relief but when left pain killer again pain starts in joints specially in back and upper part of abdomen. I consulted cardiologist. Doctor says it is due to arthiritis. Please advice me to what medicine I should take so that I may get relief from pain
I'm a home maker. I am taking medicines for thyroid. Whenever I work more than a hour continuously, I feel tired and my body gets shivering. Why its happen and what should I do?
I'm diabetic since July 14, and not under allopathic treatment. My current Mean Blood Sugar 173 (Glycosylated Hemoglobin 7.6%; Glycosylated Hemoglobin 59) by PathCare Labs. What should I do?
I am 27 ys old. I have been suffering diabetic from last 2 yrs. My diabetics is not yet controlled. Daily I am taking insulin fir 3 times. Can you please suggest me what to do.
My mother has been recently diagnosed with diabetes and we want to take a second opinion on the treatment and how sugar levels can be controlled. The HbA1c test resulted in an 8.3 sugar level (uncontrolled diabetic). What should I do?
Am suffering from diabetes from last three years, am also patient of hypertension, joint pain in my knees, I want medicine,
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.