Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepa Maheshwari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from pcos. And my prolactin level is day by day increasing please suggest me what to do?
Most women suffer from gynaecological infection at least once in their life while some may suffer from them multiple times. The most common infections that affect women’s reproductive tracts are vulvitis, vaginitis, cervicitis and pelvic inflammatory disease or the dreaded PID. What’s even worse is the fact that these dangerous infections are often missed in women due to lack of information and the absence of health services, especially in rural parts of the country.
Let’s take a quick look at each one of the above four gynaecological infections:
Vulvitis is an inflammation of the vulva, the tender folds of skin outside the vagina.
Common symptoms include-
- Redness and swelling on the lips of the vulva
- Clear, fluid-filled blisters
- White, sore and thick patches on the vulva
Causes can include anything from the use of toilet paper, swimming in pools, synthetic underwear, rubbing against a bike seat, bubble baths to shampoos and deodorants…
Usually, urine tests, blood tests and tests for sexually transmitted diseases are used to diagnose this infection. Vulvitis can be caused due to a number of reasons and it’s also a symptom of other more dangerous diseases, hence its treatment is done taking all these factors into mind.
Treatment can include-
- Avoiding irritants like swimming in pools
- Sitz baths with soothing compounds for itch control
Vaginitis refers to any inflammation of the vagina. Usually, the inflammation strikes the walls of the vagina. It can be infectious or non-infectious. This infection is common in women of all ages with one-third of women reporting suffering from the infection at some time during their lives.
These can be many like infection with bacteria, yeast, viruses etc. Chemicals in creams or sprays, and even clothing can cause the condition. It can be sexually transmitted too. Your hormones, overall health and other diseases you may have – all of these also determine whether you’ll get vaginitis.
The 3 types of vaginitis are-
Vaginitis should always be taken seriously. If left untreated, vaginitis can cause PID which can lead to infertility. If you get a discharge- a frothy white discharge or a colourless discharge with a fishy disorder and see redness around your vagina and pain during urination or sex- don’t take it lightly, but fix an appointment with your gynaecologist ASAP. He or she will mostly treat you using antibiotics.
This is an irritation or infection of the cervix. It is caused by a number of different organisms and it can be either acute or chronic. Common causes are sexually transmitted diseases or STDs like-
- Smelly discharge containing pus
- Pelvic pain
- Bleeding between periods or after sex
- Urinary issues
Pelvic exam and tests for STDs are used for diagnosing this infection. Treatment includes the use of antibiotics for the victim and her sexual partner to prevent re-infection.
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease or PID is an infection that affects the woman’s entire reproductive tract like the uterus, fallopian tubes, and the ovaries. It causes scar tissue formation which grows between internal organs leading to chronic pelvic pain. PID can also lead to ectopic pregnancy or a pregnancy which happens when the fertilized egg grows outside the uterus. Untreated PIDs can lead to chronic infection and infertility.
The main cause of PID is bacteria. Intra uterine device use is also linked to PIDs.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had sex yesterday I got bleeding for whole day now it stopped. I was expecting my periods also. I thought I am down but the bleeding now stopped. It was my second time I had sex so was it the hymen break? I had ecp last time when I did it I got two internal periods for 3 days each. Now what to do? When will my periods become normal.
An idle mind is a devil’s workshop. When there is too much time on your hands with nothing to do, you end up thinking about things which are not going well, leading to depression. Come to think of it, if there is nothing that you can do to improve it, there is no point wasting time over it. On the other hand, if there is something to improve the situation, just go ahead and do it, so everybody involved is happy. However, if there are too many other factors which are beyond control, then you need to see how to change your outlook towards it.
One such effective way is to keep yourself busy and distract yourself from it. The following are some simple measures, which can be very effective in dealing with stress.
- Sleep it off: One of the main reasons for depression is the physical exhaustion and lack of good rest. So, it is good once in a while to just sleep it off and give your body the much deserved rest. This gives the brain a chance to begin to heal and feel better.
- Clean up the house: The home or the space you enter into indirectly indicates your state of mind. A clean home and workspace means that much less clutter in the brain. Clean out the closet, give away your old stuff, and in the process, you would end up feeling good about having helped somebody. You will also realize how much excess stuff you have collected over the years. Stacked up in the attic and cartons, these were meant for use on “some fine day”, which never seemed to arrive.
- Exercise: Force yourself to exercise. While initially it would be an ordeal, gradually you will enjoy it. Exercise also releases chemicals in the brain, which make you feel good about yourself. In addition, the physical benefits will start to show up, leaving you feeling elated and in a chirpier mood.
- Travel: When you go solo traveling, the amount of time you spend with yourself just increases. The changed surroundings will help you understand yourself better and come to terms with things that can be under your control. You learn to let go of things and come to terms with life. If time and money are limitations, go out and explore places in your own surrounding city or town. You will realize how little you know the city or town you live in.
- Hobbies: Whether it is learning to play guitar or speak Spanish, pick something that you have always wanted to do over the years and work at it. You will see the depression vanish in no time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.