Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Biswajyoti Hazarika
Submit a review for Dr. Biswajyoti HazarikaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my left breast continuous at low for some days but I had not notice any sist in it but feel some hard space. Please guide what I do and whom I may contact. Thanks sir.
Colon cancer refers to the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the region of your large intestine. It is often associated with rectal cancer and is termed as colorectal cancer, since the process of metastasis (a process through which cancer cells pass rapidly to the other organs of your body) is very rapid for this particular medical condition. Colon cancer is prevalent among both men and women irrespective of their age, but is generally noticed in people above forty years of age. Though the causes of colon cancer cannot be specifically identified, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of developing colon cancer.
The risk factors are mentioned below:
- Family history of colon cancer
- Chronic diseases of the intestine(like inflammation of intestine)
- A regular diet with low fibers but high calories
- Consuming high amount of alcohol
If you are diagnosed with colon cancer, you may show the following symptoms:
- Inconsistency of bowel movements. (diarrhea and constipation)
- Passage of blood through stool
- Pain in your abdominal region
- Sudden weight loss
- Body fatigue
Colon cancer can be fatal if not treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for colon cancer. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Drinking green tea can be very effective. Green tea has epigallocatechin (a Polyphenol used in different dietary supplements) which can destroy the formation of cancer cells.
- Consuming Aloe Vera is another useful technique. It cleans the digestive tract and colon region by removing harmful toxins and can thus help to cure cancer faster.
- Turmeric is also very potent in fighting cancer. It contains curcumins which can destroy the cancer cells formed in the colon region.
- Ashwagandha is known to have certain properties that can control the growth of cancer cells and is thus instrumental in treating colon cancer.
- The juice of garlic has certain medicinal properties that can combat the growth of cancer cells in your colon region. Intake of garlic juice can thus be very helpful.
Since colon cancer has limited survival rates, it is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an Ayurveda practitioner if you wish to get healed naturally.
I am diagnosed prostate enlargement and doctor prescribed silodal D8 for 3 months. Whether I will be alright after 3 months.
Hello doctor, I am 20 years old I have done my MRI of hips and screening of LS spine and all reports were absolutely normal actually my question is. During mri I was not constant I have done some moments is there any possibility of loss of information by the machine? Can it also loss some information if there is existence of tumor or cancer.
I am 74 years male, have some prostate enlargement; with the result frequent urinate in night especially during winter. Summer is not much problem for urinating. I also have problem of large sneezing. I have no sugar problem and my bp ranges from 135 to 150. Can you suggest simple home made treatment for this.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infection. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
What type of cancer do I have? Where is it located? What are the risk factors for this disease? Is this type of cancer caused by genetic factors? Are other members of my family at risk?
Chemotherapy can be frightening, and the very thought of going through it can be an ordeal for most people. Many resources and tips can be used to minimize the discomfort and lessen the burden. Let us have a look at a few of these.
- Support network: Chemotherapy can be physically daunting and more than the treatment a person needs all the emotional and moral support he/she can get. Have friends and family always by your side. You can have peace of mind when there is a person you can trust and bank upon in taking care of you.
- Discuss the medication with your oncologist: Before understanding the treatments have a detailed discussion about the current medication you are undergoing, as this may hamper the chemotherapy treatment. The dosage has to be adjusted accordingly.
- Keep the body hydrated: Your body gets dehydrated on the day of the treatment. Please ensure that the body is properly hydrated and plenty of fluids are there in the body.
- Be comfortable: Taking chemotherapy can have an effect on your morale. Hence make sure that you are keeping yourself occupied with books and games or your favorite music to while away the time.
- Wear comfortable clothes: This makes all the difference in the treatment as having loose fitting clothes can relive pressures in your mind. Always choose clothes that you are comfortable in.
- Ask questions: Chemotherapy treatments can and will cause side effects. Hence ask and keep yourself updated as much as possible. More importantly after the treatment ask questions on the possible recuperation period and how best to go about it.
- Symptoms of nausea and vomiting: It is natural that most of the patients feel light headed or have a vomiting sensation when undergoing the treatment. Always make sure that the doctor or the nurse knows about it. Make yourself as comfortable as possible. Some medications to prevent nausea can be had along with the chemotherapy drugs.
- Avoiding infection: Chemotherapy affects the immune system of the body. Hence it can get easily susceptible to diseases. Have a general cleanliness around your surroundings. Avoid crowds if possible and keep your hands always clean and wear clean, comfortable clothes that don't stick to the body.
- Right diet: Chemotherapy makes you prone to weight loss. Hence having the desired nutritional levels is mandatory. Consult a dietician and eat healthy. It is not advisable to gain weight either during or after chemotherapy.
- Adequate Rest: Our body needs all the rest that it can get when undergoing chemotherapy. Make sure that the body gets proper sleep and is relaxed. You can try for meditation and simple yoga exercises that can help in rejuvenating the body.
- Skin Care: Prolonged treatment can affect the moisture content in the skin. Have a good skin cream and lotions handy to take care of it. In some cases, chemotherapy causes hair fall. Make sure that a proper wig or a treatment plan is made beforehand to take care of the issues.
Chemotherapy treatment can be emotionally daunting. Having a few precautions like the ones stated above can make all the difference in how successful we are in coping with it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!