Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Biswajyoti Hazarika
Submit a review for Dr. Biswajyoti HazarikaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have a family history of cancer patients and so fear and want to be alert. Want to know what is the simplest and cheapest method / tests that can detect any budding problem in my body. Thanks.
I am 75 years old suffering from secondary lung cancer CA 19.9 is 760. How much frozen lemon I should preferably eat and whether I can take it in water because vegetables can take only a little amount. Regards.
I am 28 weeks pregnant nd I have noticed that sweeping in one side of areola on left breast. I have visited my GYN she said that its Montgomery tuberculosis, it itches and sometimes have burning sensation and some times it pains. But I have google it and it shows that its symptoms of breast cancer. I am freaking out now. And that swelling reduced a bit when I compressed steam on it. But it pains on some parts on my breast and three is no lumps but I am freaking out now. I don't know what to do. Can it be possible to diagnosed breast cancer during pregnancy? Can you pls tell me that is this symptoms of breast cancer? Or is it normal in pregnancy?
My wife is on tamoxifen after chemotherapy and radiation for breast cancer treatment .Even after six years the doctor wants her to continue with tamoxifen .Is it needed.
Ovaries are the primary reproductive organs in the female body which produces the eggs that need to be fertilized to form a fetus in the womb. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the ovaries and spreads till the pelvis and the abdomen. This cancer is usually cured by either a surgery or chemotherapy.
Ovarian cancer is mostly caused due to a genetic mutation which transforms the healthy cells of the ovaries into abnormal cancerous cells. The abnormal cells then generally form a tumor which spreads further inside the female body. The type of cell in which the cancer begins determines the type of ovarian cancer you have. Ovarian cancer types include:
- Epithelial tumors: it is the most common type of ovarian cancer which begins from the thin layer that covers the ovaries.
- Stromal tumors: this type begins in those tissues which contain the hormone producing cells.
- Germ cell tumors: this usually happens among relatively younger women, and it originates from the egg producing cells of the ovaries.
Factors that boost your risk of getting an ovarian cancer are listed below:
- Age: the risk of ovarian cancer is greater in women who are between 50 to 60 years. However, ovarian cancer is such a condition that can occur at any age.
- Estrogen hormone replacement therapy: this therapy tends to alleviate menopausal symptoms and renews the hormones of a woman's body. If you are undergoing this therapy then you are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Congenital: the risk of ovarian cancer can sometimes also be due to an inherited gene mutation and can be passed on from the parents to the offspring.
- Menstrual risk: if you had started menstruating before the age of 12 or had a menopause before the age of 52 then the risk of you developing ovarian cancer increases.
- Other risk factors: these factors do not pose a subsequent amount of threat of having an ovarian cancer, but they slightly increase the risk. These are activities like: regular smoking, fertility treatments, never being pregnant, use of an intrauterine device and polycystic ovary syndrome.