Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Biswajyoti HazarikaYour feedback matters!
My grandfather has been suffering from prostate cancer since many years ago. He is no able to take proper sleep because of his urine problem. Can he take sleeping pill so that he can take proper sleep well. If yes, so kindly tell me which sleeping pill he should take?
The skin has the largest surface area and is most exposed to the external environment. This exposure causes a lot of wear and tear, and one of the worse complications including melanoma, which is a form of skin cancer. Read on to know about its causes, caution signs to stay alerted and how to take care of the skin.
The skin has cells known as melanocytes which give it the color. Generally, the more the number of melanocytes, the darker is the person’s complexion. This pigment is also present in skin, hair, nails, and eyes. The moles are skins are areas of higher concentration of these cells. Africans moles can be a precursor to melanoma, but not all moles turn to melanoma.
- Exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun. Fair-skinned people are at greater risk than darker complexioned people. A single sunburn experience can also increase the risk of developing melanoma
- Use of tanning beds, especially in people below 30, ups the risk of melanoma. Indoor tanning beds is classified as having the highest record by WHO
- Family history
- Ethnicity, with Hispanics at the greatest risk and African-Americans at the least risk
- For those who have risk factors for developing melanoma, a monthly self-exam is advisable. A formal annual exam with a dermatologist is also advised. This will help in early identification of the condition and lead to early treatment and containment.
- Melanoma is not restricted to the skin, can also occur in feet, eyes, and scalp
- Use a mirror to check all over the body
- If you have moles, watch for change in their size, shape, and regularity. Any change should be immediately checked for.
- If you see any new irregularities on the skin anywhere, get medical attention.
- Any sore that has not healed
- Any swelling that is near the mole or has not regressed
- Change in sensation including itching or pain
- A quick way to remember is to check for ABCDE: Asymmetry of the lesion, irregularity of the borders, change in color, diameter greater than six mm, and speed of evolution. Watching for these can help in early diagnosis.
Melanoma is directly linked to sun exposure, and so reducing sun exposure and taking adequate precautions can help in prevention.
- Avoid or reduce exposure to sun
- Use sunscreen religiously. The SPF should be at least 30 and should be reapplied every two hours
- Use a hat or cap, sunglasses, and cover up when out in the sun
- Be extra careful when out on the beach or in the mountains
- Avoid sun if possible between 10AM to 4PM
- Use tan removal agents after a sun exposure
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
In bladder cancer what should be precautions after TURBT for preventing again growth Tumor and, 2nd BCG is done, Tell me about preventing from tumor growth,
Sir mere ear ke piche cancer ki ganth ho gae hai mujhe jo jo bhi dawai leni hai mujhe likhkar bhejen please please please mujhe likhkar bhejo?
Dear Lybrate Doctor, Recently I read in some News Paper that Papaya juice cures all types of cancer. One Cancer patient (can not say what cancer) consumed 2 glasses of papaya juice and within 2 months, he was completely cured from Cancer. The doctors themselves could not believe that he recovered so fast. Can not say, at what stage the Cancer was but still there is one definite cure, as per Doctors. Further one Medical reports says that wheat sprouts also cure Cancer because Cancer is basically deficiency of Vitamin B 17 which causes Cancer cells to grow without control. It was mentioned that Wheat sprouts have Vitamin B 17 in abundance and is a certain cure for Cancer. I am sure your tam certainly knows about Wheat Grass juice therapy for Cancer which was identified by Dr. Ann Wigmore, author of book "Why Suffer" I am writing this for readers to know and also confirmation from your team of Specialists for treatment of Cancer patients.
Hello. My brother is suffering from toungh cancer which is exeeding thourgh his neck. He had a opertion of it. Recently we spoke to some doc. Some of which said we treat it with 70% of success (Dr. R k aggarwal- pitampura) we are realy very frustated. Pls someone let us know how many chances to suceseed. We wont going to second operation.
I friend have overy cancer then right overy was removed whether she will affect by cancer again then can she able to carry the child in stomach. In one overy there will be the opportunity to born the baby.
Mam mere stomach mai daily pain hota aur jab urine ata thn vagina mai bhi pain hota urine krne mai pain hota aur breast k right side pr pain Kabhi Kabhi hota.
Hello my age is 22 years recently I diagnose fibroadenoma in my both breast one is 4 cms doctor said that It will be safe remove from surgery remaining 8 are small lumps about 1 cm in both breasts I'm full sugar in future the small lumps (fibroadenoma) will turn too grow what precautions I should take to prevent this small lumps will go their own or they remain same how many days it will take to grow pizz what I should do I'm studying because of this I'm not concentrating on my studies.
My mother is 74 years old. Has been recently diagnosed breast cancer. What are good options for cure in Mumbai and at what cost. Though she is also diabetic but it is under control and in normal health condition. Shall I prefer surgery or else. What are latest technology applicable in my case .Please Answer.
Cervical cancer is a form of cancer which occurs in the cervix or the lower part of the uterus in women, which opens up into the vagina. Its different from the other cancers that occur in other parts of the uterus and has a high rate of being cured if detected early.
Causes of Cervical Cancer: Cervical cancer is usually caused when abnormal cells present in the cervix, get out of control. Usually, major cases of cervical cancer are caused by a virus known as the human papillomavirus or HPV. This virus gets transmitted from one person to another by sexual means or sexual contact. Abnormal changes in the cervix cells lead to cervical cancer. Usually, cell changes occur in the transformation zone in the cervix as the cells tend to change constantly, thereby leading to cancer.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding between menstrual phases, after menopause or after having sex.
- Pain is experienced during sex.
- Abnormal vaginal discharge is produced.
- Abnormal changes in the menstrual cycle.
- Anemia due to abnormal bleeding from the vagina.
- Recurring pain in the pelvis, back or leg.
- Several urinary problems due to the blockage of the uterus.
- Urine or stool leakage into the vagina.
- Loss of weight.
How it can be diagnosed?
A routine screening test should be undertaken to observe any abnormal cell changes in the cervix and also for the screening for cervical cancer. Taking regular Pap smear test is recommended to detect abnormal cell changes so that cervical cancer can be prevented before hand. Other diagnostic tests include, Colposcopy and cervical biopsy to determine the presence of abnormal cells in the cervix, Endocervical biopsy and Cone biopsy.
Treatment options available:
Cervical cancer can be treated when detected at an early stage. The type of treatment depends on the stage and type of cervical cancer. The most common treatment methods are as follows:
- Surgery can be undertaken for removal of the cancer. Several types of surgeries exist and the ideal one depends on the location and severity of the cervical cancer.
- Radiation therapy involves the use of high dosage X-rays and implants within the vaginal cavity. This kills the cancer cells and is used in some specific stages of cervical cancer. This therapy is often used alongside surgery.
- Chemo-radiation is a combination of radiation therapy and chemotherapy. This procedure can be used at various stages of cervical cancer.
- Chemotherapy involves using medicines for killing cancer cells. It is used in advanced stages of cervical cancer.
Pelvic cancer is caused by abnormal cell changes in the pelvis. It is a common kind of cancer and can cause negative effects on the health. Proper diagnosis and treatment are essential for treating pelvic cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.