Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arpit JainYour feedback matters!
Psychosexual disorders are conditions that occur when there are discrepancies in sexual functioning caused by mental or emotional problems. These have various manifestations in the form of sexual dysfunction, sexual perversion and gender identity crisis.
The primary characteristic feature of psychosexual disorders is that these are not caused by any external physical factors or medical conditions, but are a result of internal conflicts that arise in the mind. These conflicts can be due to intense personal experiences that lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and guilt. Sexual trauma and negative body image issues are also known to cause psychosexual disorders in men and women.
The symptoms of psychosexual disorders have different kinds of indications in men and women. In many cases, it leads to the development of phobias towards sex and sexual activities. In other cases, it may create strong recurrent desires for unusual sexual situations and activities such as voyeurism, fetishism, exhibitionism, sexual sadism, necrophilia or pedophilia.
Each case is unique and different as it is caused by an exclusive set of factors, which affect every individual in a distinctive capacity.
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in women?
Psychosexual disorders in women are characterized by the following signs:
- Inability to get sexually aroused despite adequate stimulation
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Reduced sexual drive and the lack of desire for sex
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication
- Unconscious tightening of the vaginal muscles that causes interference in sexual activities
- Experiencing pain during sexual intercourse
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in men?
Some of the signs of psychosexual disorder in men are as follows:
- Inability to get or hold an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Premature ejaculation
- Being unable to ejaculate
- Reduced libido and inhibited sexual desire
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Lack of sexual arousal through stimulation
Whatever is the cause, rest assured that it can be resolved completely with the help of a good therapist. So don't hesitate and continue suffering without getting help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi. I am 30 years old. I really have to wake up many times to go to bathroom every night for urine. I checked but do not have diabetes and also I do not take much liquid before but still I wake up many times. How can I get rid of it. Please advise.
I have ear pain in both the ears after exposing to rain and cold winds. Can I use neosporin ear drops?
Hello, I had noticed a small swelling above my right collar bone and I was advised an FNAC procedure. The test report says following, Specimen: Right Cervical Lymphnode Cytological Examination: Haemorrhagic aspirate shows very scanty reactive lymphoid cell population comprising, mainly small lymphocytes, immunoblasts and few degenerated cells. No definite granulomas identified No atypical lymphoid cell/ R S like cell seen. Few necrotic foci are seen. Ziehl - Neelsen stain performed on one of the smear for acid fast bacilli is negative. Two smears are acellular. Impression: Features are suggestive of Reactive Lymphoid Aspirate. Note: In view of the above findings it is advisable to do open biopsy of this lesion for a definitive diagnosis, if lymph node swelling persists. The swelling has definitely come down in the last 6 days, I was prescribed Bactomin 750. Do I still need to get a biopsy done. Please advise. Thanks
Sperm is releasing quickly when doing sex, I am doing sex daily with my girl friend and how to make my sex life longer.
I am suffering from pain in my legs I got swelling in my foot and so much pain in my ankle sometimes pain is that much I can't stand up so please tell me what can I do about it few years ago I was suffered from chikungunya fever after that it will happen so please consult me about it.
Hello muje blood sugar hai kbi 230 aur kbi 250 bina khana khay hua main kaise control kru easy koi treatment btao.
I am 18 year old. I have a problem with my masturbation. I masturbate twice in a week probably. But I have never been with a girl. Problem is I see porn while masturbating and when I start I m unable to stop until I cum nd it takes 30 second me to cum. I know this is a problem nd I want to take care it of bfr my future life. Plzz tell me some cure of this problem hope you'll reply me positively with this problem. Thank you.
I am unable to flex my hand fingers since 3 days it's in extended position. Can I know what's the cause for it?
From past 2 months whenever I get up in the morning after sleeping, my neck pains a lot. I can't move it freely. I am not using Pillow since 3-4 yrs. What can be the reason? Shall I start using pillow? Pls suggest some measures.
I had unprotected sex but sperm did not ejaculated inside my vagina after seconds it ws ejaculated bt till then it was out of my vagina my last month periods was on 19th till now I did not get my period I m pregnant?
Im 45 yr old male and im diabetic on borderline (120) fasting and my bp 160/90. My parents have both of these so please advice me to keep my bp and suger levels in control.
Hi I am roshan raj Actually last few days I am facing stomach problem all the time I took some medicine but I didn't get any result.
Hello, I am 19 years male, I am suffering from epilepsy, and facing sever headaches and black outs. Doctor has told me not to drive and play video games. Advice me something instant as I am very fond of play station and gaming boxes.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.