Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Annu Gupta
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Annu GuptaYour feedback matters!
From almost 45 days I am suffering from back neck pain. I did not have any injury or pain at any other joints.
Back pain is very common these days and can happen to anyone. The reasons for the same are also plenty, it could be because of infection of the spine, sleep disorders, bad mattress, awkward movement, lifting something, bad posture, standing for long and bending down to name a few. So, here are some things that might be increasing your risk of back pain:
- When you get older, the back pain starts to increase gradually.
- Poor physique. Back pain is highly common in people who are not fit.
- Being overweight or obese can increase your risk of getting back pain.
- Back pain can also be hereditary because of problems like ankylosing spondylitis that usually runs in generations.
- Some types of arthritis or cancer might also cause back pain.
- If you have a job that requires a lot of lifting, pushing or deals with a lot of bending or weights, chances are that you are more likely to have back pain.
Here are some causes that might be a reason behind that back pain:
- Broken disk
- Tense muscles
- Ruptured disk
- Injuries from sprains, fractures, accidents, and falls can result in back pain.
- Kidney stones
There will come a time when you will witness certain symptoms and you might need to see a doctor. These symptoms are as follows:
- Numbness or swelling
- Unbearable pain
- Problem urinating
- Weakness in the body
- High fever
- Weight loss without being on a diet
- Pain after you have had a minor fall or injury
Back pain can be diagnosed in many ways. To do the same, your doctor will take your medical history and also some physical tests. These tests include:
- X rays
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Blood tests.
The cause of your back pain might not be visible in these medical tests at times. A lot of times you will not even know why you are going through that back pain. It can also get better at times without undergoing any sort of treatment.
Here are a few domestic ways with which you can treat the back pain:
- Hot and cold packs: This is the most basic and most common treatment for many problems and injuries in your body. Be it any kind of pain, ice packs can help give a momentary relief.
- Exercise: The moment you stretch or exercise, you can feel the pain go away so you must understand how important exercising can be for problems like back and neck pain.
- Home remedies: Home remedies like ginger, turmeric and aloe Vera are natural stimulants and anti-oxidants. These help in pain relief as well. You can put them in your food or even your tea, depending upon your taste buds.
(Syn. Periarthritis Shoulder, Adhesive Capsulitis)
Frozen Shoulder Syndrome usually presents as a limitation of shoulder movements associated with pain. It usually presents around the age of 40 years equally affecting males and females. Diabetic and obese people are more prone to it. Bilateral frozen Shoulder is almost always found in Diabetics. It usually starts with minor trauma, often ignored by the patient. The patient often claims it to have insidious, spontaneous onset.
On many occasions the patient may have been confined to bed rest for some medical problem, does not do any shoulder movements, and hence gradually slips into shoulder stiffness. Cervical Spondylosis when causes pain in neck and around shoulder, may initiate and precipitate frozen shoulder.
Treatment is simple.
Diabetes must be ruled out in all the patients and treated well in those who are suffering from it.
No treatment will ever succeed unless diabetes is controlled.
X-ray should be done to rule out other associated disorders
E.g. Koch’s, metastatic deposits
Patient needs anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) to control the inflammatory process going on inside.
Muscle relaxants are needed to relieve the spasm of the muscles. They facilitate the shoulder movements.
Neurotropics, antioxidants and omega three fatty acids are needed to improve the general metabolism and health of the patient. They also potentiate the analgesic effect of NASAIDS.
Sometimes manipulation of the shoulder under General Anaesthesia may have to be undertaken.
With advancement of surgical technology, arthroscopic fibrinolysis of the shoulder joint is undertaken with good results.
In the end, it is the active physiotherapy that is the sheet anchor of treatment, until the patient makes a wilful determined effort no treatment will succeed.