Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjali Bahri
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali BahriYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 year old boy and have pain in my right shoulder from last year. Earlier I used to play volleyball but due to pain I was not able to continue with it. What should I do?
Hi Sir, My right leg side bone is fractured, before 50 days. 15 days I put plaster, after that I walked slowly. Still I have pain on the fracture area. My duty is in sales, I have to walk more and driving. What I will do?
I have pain in my legs and stretching nerves. Some say it's sciatica pain. No medicine is giving relief. I have diabetes. Please advise.
I am 30 years old and having the back pain issue from last 2 years. 6 month back my Mai was done on which found that there is bulge in my L4 and L5 disk I cannot stand and sit more than 20-30 min, if I do so then pain starts in the lower back. My muscles are also weak and If I put pressure on any part of body in any posture then it stars paining I am not able to sleeping since 2 years because of pain as I can not be in any posture for more then 10 min I am doing sitting job from -6-7 years and last 2 years all the physical activity are stopped due to back pain. I have taken physiotherapy for 2 months but no relief. Now trying to do some exercise specially for back pain related and taking the medicine for calcium as well.
I have got pain in my right heel bone & I feel difficult to walk at times. I thought it should be a problem with my shoes and replaced with a new one still am facing the pain.
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
In case you do not notice or treat the injuries, they can turn out to be deeply infected and might need operation / amputation. Diabetic peripheral neuropathy can likewise bring about a sharp pain in your feet. You may turn out to be extremely sensitive to the lightest touch, like the sheets on your bed.
Here are a few precautions you should take in order to avoid foot pain during diabetes:
- Check both feet every day: Look over both feet precisely every day and make certain you check between the all of your toes. Blisters and infections can begin between your toes, and with diabetic neuropathy, you may not feel them until they have become aggravated or infected. In case a physical test keeps you from checking your own particular feet, request that a family member or a relative help.
- Wash with lukewarm water: Wash both of your feet every day with warm - not hot - water. You will most likely be unable to feel the heat with your feet, so test the water with your hands first. Do not absorb water for too long since waterlogged wounds have a harder time recovering. Dry your feet immediately, and remember to dry them softly especially between your toes.
- Ensure your shoes fit well: Even the smallest rubbing or misfit shoe can bring about blisters that transform into a sore and have to be removed since it never heals.
- Do not walk barefoot: Never walk barefoot. Wear shoes or footwear. Continuously wear socks with your shoes, since calfskin, plastics, and synthetic shoe materials can bother your skin and rapidly bring on blisters.
- Stay soft, yet dry: Your skin might be dry and teary due to the high glucose levels and split skin means it is very easy for the bacteria to get under your skin. This makes it harder for the infection to heal. Use a little skin salve every day. Also make certain your feet feel dry, not soggy or sticky, a while later. Make an effort not to get the cream in the middle of your toes.
- Attempt light exercise: Swimming, cycling, yoga are good exercises, with negligible effect on your feet. Speak with your specialist before beginning an activity or a program.
- Control your glucose: The best counteractive action for foot pain, eventually, is to deal with your diabetes well under control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.