Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anant
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. AnantYour feedback matters!
I have so much of pain in my left shoulder and arm the pain is like muscle pain what is the medicine should I take.
I am 67 yrs old and have a problem with my left knee joint. Whenever I straighten my left leg from a sitting position, the knee joint makes a sound like "tak. The right knee when touched by hand while straightening, I can feel some friction sound. In fact I had visited an Ortho a couple of months back and was under treatment for around 2 months. I find it a bit difficult while getting down the staircase. When I stand on left leg, at times I fail to balance properly. When I get down from the Bus in which I travel to my work place, I get a slight jerk on landing on my left leg. Please advise.
I fell from the stairs 3-4 days ago. My upper left back was hurt. Since then I have pain in my neck and sometimes my I feel pain in my left arm which is unbearable. What should I do?
Meri per ki aediyon mein bahaut dard hota hai. Dard ko thik karne ke kya upaye hai ? Please mujhe bataye.
She suffering from back pain some times but continuously . She said to me that some one hit by bicycle on his back And she get hospitalised. .after 6 month she was well and doctor said if she (feeling kamzor) she is suffer from pain. So I need your advice please tell me sir about this.
I am having lower back pain and little in hips too, from past 3 days, but now I am feeling better, one question - when I had sever pain 2 days ago. I wasn't able to walk properly, was feeling like my alignment was bent towards one side. Please suggest.
Hello doc, Sometimes I feel flatuancy and acidity. But the problem is sometimes I really feel pain in one of my hand for little time and after that in second hand after some time in shoulder. I am thinking like the gas is moving that's why these things are happening. Doctor please tell me what is this and what to do in such situation?
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should consult a doctor for scans and tests.