Doctor in Shivam Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Shivam HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am hearing some wave sound in my right side ear. What is the reason and how to overcome from it? Please suggest
What is stuttering?
Stuttering affects the fluency of speech. It begins during childhood and, in some cases, lasts throughout life. The disorder is characterized by disruptions in the production of speech sounds, also called" disfluencies" most people produce brief disfluencies from time to time. For instance, some words are repeated and others are preceded by" um" or" uh" disfluencies are not necessarily a problem; however, they can impede communication when a person produces too many of them.
Some examples of stuttering include:
*" w- w- w- where are you going" (part-word repetition: the person is having difficulty moving from the" w" in" where" to the remaining sounds in the word. On the fourth attempt, he successfully completes the word.)
*" ssss ave me a seat" (sound prolongation: the person is having difficulty moving from the" s" in" save" to the remaining sounds in the word. He continues to say the" s" sound until he is able to complete the word.)
*" i'll meet you - um um you know like - around six o'clock" (a series of interjections: the person expects to have difficulty smoothly joining the word" you" with the word" around" in response to the anticipated difficulty, he produces several interjections until he is able to say the word" around" smoothly.)
What causes stuttering?
The exact cause of stuttering is unknown. Recent studies suggest that genetics plays a role in the disorder. It is thought that many, if not most, individuals who stutter inherit traits that put them at risk to develop stuttering. The exact nature of these traits is presently unclear.
What treatments are available for stuttering?
Most treatment programs for people who stutter are" behavioral" they are designed to teach the person specific skills or behaviors that lead to improved oral communication. For instance, many slps teach people who stutter to control and/or monitor the rate at which they speak. In addition, people may learn to start saying words in a slightly slower and less physically tense manner. They may also learn to control or monitor their breathing. When learning to control speech rate, people often begin by practicing smooth, fluent speech at rates that are much slower than typical speech, using short phrases and sentences. Over time, people learn to produce smooth speech at faster rates, in longer sentences, and in more challenging situations until speech sounds both fluent and natural" follow-up" or" maintenance" sessions are often necessary after completion of formal intervention to prevent relapse.
Common indian foods such as chapati and rice can be eaten by diabetics in moderation, but different varieties are better suited to diabetic diets because they have lower glycemic indexes. Consult your doctor about the importance of choosing foods with a low glycemic index.
Carbohydrates such as fruits, vegetables and grains are not metabolized into glucose at the same rate. Some are quickly digested, causing spikes in blood glucose and insulin release, while others are broken down more slowly, which impacts blood sugar and insulin levels to a much lesser degree. The glycemic index is a comparative measure of how quickly a carbohydrate is reduced into glucose.
In general, foods with index values of 55 or less have low impact on blood sugar levels and are considered most appropriate for diabetics.
Index values between 56 and 69 are considered to have a moderate impact on blood glucose and insulin, whereas values of 70 or greater represent significant impact.
The glycemic index of rice depends on whether the grain is polished or not, whereas the index of chapati depends on the type of flour used.
Rice for diabetics
Diabetics can safely eat all types of rice, although their portions should be moderated. In the production of brown rice, only the outermost hull is removed from the rice kernel. White rice is further milled, processed and polished, which reduces the nutritional value of the grain. In addition to containing more vitamins and minerals, brown rice is also a little higher in fiber, which causes your body to digest it more slowly.
As a consequence, the glycemic index of brown rice is around 68, whereas long-grain white rice has an index of about 73.
Chapati for diabetics
The most traditional type of chapati is made from ground whole wheat and roasted on a pan.
The glycemic index for whole wheat chapati is about 62.
If you are diabetic, eating whole-grain chapati is an excellent alternative to eating regular sliced bread which has significantly higher glycemic indexes.
Brown rice contains many important nutrients and shouldn’t be excluded from your diet.
White rice has a higher glycemic index than both brown rice and chapati and is poorer in nutrients, so it shouldn’t be relied upon as a dietary staple if you are diabetic.
Hello Sir I am 30 years old male. Sir I want to increase my sex stamina during intercourse. please suggest me any 1 best and very powerful medicine.
Sex is a very personal experience. If done right, it can be wonderfully enriching for both partners. However, most people are unsure about what they want and end up having bad experiences. It is extremely important to know what you want before going to bed with someone. But a common problem that most people face is, how to know what you want? This is true for inexperienced people and people who are not good at articulating what they want or like.
Imagine a situation where, you go to a restaurant with a cuisine you've got no idea about and you're asked to order three courses! What's important therefore is to know the menu. There are a few steps that can help you to do this quite smoothly:
- Stop being self-conscious: Most people hesitate to ask what they want in bed as they are extremely self-conscious. However, it is very important to remember that this experience should be great for both partners. You do have the right to ask for what you want.
- Know what you're into: Another important step towards knowing what you want in bed is to know what you're into - what you like, what you dislike, what extent you are willing to go to and what are the dos and don'ts. No one other than you can set these ground rules down better. It is extremely essential that you do this otherwise your experience may be poor and you may develop an idea that you don't like sex at all, which is what happens in a number of cases where a relatively inexperienced person has a poor sexual experience and believes that that is how it's supposed to be.
- Communication is the key: Communication is literally the key to unlock an amazing sexual experience. Talk to your partner before you start. Lay down some ground rules. Talk to your partner, tell him or her what you like and what you don't. Talk to your partner after it's over. Give them a candid feedback. Only if you intend to do it with them again. In case of a one night stand, no need to leave things bitter!
- Be open: Another important fact is that you yourself have to be open. Be open to exploration and experimentation. Don’t think that just because something hasn't worked for you in the past, it'll never work for you. Likes and dislikes keep changing. Involve your partner in the process of experimentation. Explore, experiment, and if you don't like something, don't keep trying in the hope that it'll work someday. Some things work for some people and they don't for others.
- Learn and apply: You do need to have a fair bit of knowledge before you jump straight into the act. Contrary to popular belief, an attractive body and testosterone are not the only things you need to be good in bed. This knowledge may come from experience or through reading. The more you learn, the better you apply.
There really is no fixed rulebook about what you like and what you don't. It's all about the 3 Es - exploring, experimenting and experiencing. Be open, be adventurous and it'll work wonders for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Based on UCG report right ovary measure 21.7 mm and left 28.4 mm .everything in uterus is normal. Also nothing found in sugar test and every other blood test like LH test .but having very low hemoglobin. Having periods in every 28 to 30 days. But initially 2 days very light like spotting only.
If ulcer is blast the person can live or die how to identify the ulcer. Operation is done immediately or we can wait to do operations ct scan is necessary to do for that patient blood pressure should be normal or not for scanning. Please advise
My stools are not completely passes in 1 time I have to go 3-5 times toilet to clear it. Had changed everything diet, exercise & fiber etc. But not completely passes in 1 TIME. Even TRIPHALA OR Polythene glycol works. AGE 22 MALE. SUFFERING from 3 years.
How can I satisfy my wife during intercourse. I out sperm very quickly during intercourse. Give me some suggestions that can satisfy my wife. Also write some names of medicines that can boost long stay of intercourse. Thanks.
My wife age is 35 and she is suffering from low blood pressure. 90/70 yesterday measured by Dr. How can she come out from this problem? Please suggest
Hi doctor good morning, In night time I do not follow asleep it takes me 1 or 2 hrs to sleep. I do not use any electronics products before my bed time, it happens always, why this problem occurs because of my brain stressness like (thinking about my passion, whether I'll achieve my goals in future and get successful in my life or not) or some other problem like any disease.
We are in US now. My husband (70 years) is affected with gastric pain on the left side below the chest, gas, burning indigestion and acid reflex. Maybe due to spicy food or hotel food, he has been having stomach trouble on and off last couple of months. He was given by the local doctor OMEPRAZOLE 20 mg, one per day, and antacid liquid. Asked to take soups only for 3 days. Does this need immediate investigation like endoscopy etc? We're stuck in US at present.
I want to know empty stomach drink in morning for being healthy I am taking antidepressants nd taking clox 0.5 inderal 10 mg. Please suggest
Dear doctor I am having the following problems 1.incomplete evacuation of stools every day. 2.Sometimes the motion is loose and sometimes it it tight. 3. Gas and bloating 4. Sometimes pain occurs in lower abdomen. please advise me
Married recently since 4 months. I have so many doubts like what is sex actually. And how a girl feels when having sex..
Sir can I take KSM66 ashwagandha for get good erections for intercourse if it is ok? how many tablet can in a day?
Most likely you are suffering from duodenal ulcer if there is pain in the upper abdomen which is relieved by eating. If it increases after eating, it may be because of gastric ulcer. Gastric ulcers and Duodenal ulcer come under the category of Peptic ulcer disease (PUD). It is a lesion in the mucosal lining of the digestive tract, typically in the stomach as gastric ulcer or duodenum (1st part of the intestines) as Duodenal ulcers. These are caused by the digestive action of pepsin (a digestive enzyme) and stomach acid.
Nearly 70–90% cases of such ulcers are linked to a spiral-shaped bacterium called H. PYLORI that thrives in the acidic environment of the stomach. The incidence of peptic ulcers occurring in the duodenum (the initial tract of the small intestine) is four times higher than those arising in the stomach.
Causes of Peptic Ulcer:
The underlying process that results in Peptic ulcer formation is an excess of acid production in the stomach and damage to the protective barrier inside the stomach. Certain things that can trigger excess acid production or can cause damage to the protective lining of the stomach are:
- Emotional stress
- Foods (spices, pungent foods, etc)
- Overuse of certain drugs, especially NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Infections (H-Pylori)
Symptoms of peptic ulcers include:
- vomiting tendencies
- pain in the upper and middle portions of the stomach after a meal and at night
- blood in the stool
- weight loss
- bleeding in the gastrointestinal region
Common To Both
Duodenal Ulcer Symptoms
More Likely to be felt immediately after eating.
More likely to be felt a few hours after eating.
|Loss of Appetite|
Pain when eating high-fat foods.
Pain when the stomach is empty.
Pain in the stomach that may feel like burning.
- Perforation of ulcer
- Gastric outlet obstruction (obstruction in terminal part of stomach)
How to Prevent Peptic Ulcers
Certain lifestyle choices and habits can reduce your risk of developing peptic ulcers. These include:
- not drinking more than two alcoholic beverages a day
- not mixing alcohol with medication
- washing your hands frequently to avoid infections
- limiting your use of ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen sodium
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle through a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and quitting smoking and other tobacco use will also help you prevent developing a peptic ulcer.
Homeopathic Treatment For Peptic Ulcers
Homeopathy offers some very good medicines for peptic ulcer disease. But for a homeopath, the symptoms of the disease are much more important than the ulcer itself. This is because to select the right medicine a homeopath needs to differentiate between the finer presentations of a disease which, vary from person to person. A homeopath not only tries to heal the ulcer but also tries to remove the general predisposition to acquire it. The homeopath not only tries to find ‘What is wrong?’, but also ‘Why it went wrong?’; ‘Where it started going wrong?’; ‘How it evolved to the current stage?’ etc. To find the answers to all these questions, a homeopath tries to gather as much information as possible regarding the past and present medical history of the patient, the family history, general, physical and psychological characteristics, etc. This hard work on the part of homeopath not only helps in removing the acute symptoms and the ulcer but also is usually able to remove the tendency for relapse. The ‘on-again/off-again’ nature of the disease is often removed and the general health of the person also improves as a result.
Effective Homeopathic Medications For Peplic Ulcer
Some of the most effective homeopathic medications used in the treatment of peptic ulcers are mentioned below. However, you shouldn’t try to self-medicate as it is best to consult with a doctor who can properly diagnose the problems and prescribe medication which are specifically tailored for you.
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the most effective medications in treating ulcers, Argentum Nitricum is usually prescribed when you experience sharp burning pains from peptic ulcers that radiate to different areas of the abdomen. The pain is akin to the feeling of gnawing inside the stomach. Other symptoms such as vomiting, belching and nausea may also be present.
- Nux Vomica – If you have peptic ulcers and even eating the slightest amount of food causes pain, then Nux vomica may be a good option and thus be prescribed by your doctor. Another indication in such cases is where the abdominal region is very sensitive and you may feel pain even with the slightest touch. Nux Vomica is also very effective if your peptic ulcer symptoms tend to get worse after the consumption of tea, coffee, spicy foods or alcoholic beverages.
- Kali Bichromicum – Sometimes, peptic ulcers may cause the food in your stomach to sit like a heavy load immediately after meals. This can make you very uncomfortable and unable to do any other form of work. This is often times accompanied by a low appetite. In such cases, Kali Bichromicum has been seen to work wonders.
- Lycopodium Clavatum – If you have burning pain in your stomach along with the bloating of your abdomen, then Lycopodium Clavatum is the best medication for you. Other indications for this medication are when ingestion of warm water helps relieve pain. If consuming certain vegetables such as cabbage and beans worsen the situation, then Lycopodium Clavatum could be the best medication in such a case.
- Carbo-veg – An all-rounder in the field of homeopathy, Carbo-Veg is also effective when treating peptic ulcers which are accompanied by heartburn and acidity as well as sour belching. The pain from the ulcers may extend from the stomach all the way to the back. Other indications wherein Carbo-Veg may be effective is where the stomach area becomes very sensitive to touch and even small amounts of food may suddenly cause the symptoms to deteriorate.
- Hydrastis Canadensis – Stomach or abdominal pain accompanied by weight loss is one of the major indications where this medication may be prescribed. The patient may become emaciated and have sharp cutting pains in the stomach. In such cases, Hydrastis has been seen to be very effective.
- Graphites – This medication is extremely useful where along with the ulcer pain, you may end up vomiting your food immediately after a meal. A sensation which is painful and constricted may be present in your stomach. Along with these symptoms, Graphites are also very effective when you suffer from excessive belching.
- Phosphorus – If you exhibit typical symptoms of peptic ulcer such as sour belching and a burning sensation in the stomach after eating, Phosphorus could well be the panacea.
When the underlying cause of peptic ulcer disease is successfully treated, the prognosis (expected outcome) for patients with the condition is excellent. To help prevent peptic ulcers:
- Avoid cigarette.
- Aspirin and non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs should be avoided.
- Spicy and rich food may aggravate. If so, it should be avoided.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take frequent small meals instead of two or three big meals.
- Bland diet and hygienically prepared food.
- Proper cleaning of utensils for food.
- Proper cleaning of hands before preparing and eating food.
- Avoid alcohol
- Common sources of Helicobacter pylori bacteria (e.g., contaminated food and water, floodwater, raw sewage)
- Long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Good hygiene can help reduce the risk for peptic ulcer disease caused by Helicobacter pylori infection. Washing the hands thoroughly with warm soapy water after using the restroom and before eating and avoiding sharing eating utensils and drinking glasses also can reduce the spread of bacteria that can cause PUD.