Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for sanjay clinicYour feedback matters!
I have a female dog. She is 12 years old .now color of her teeth is changing. Tartar built on her teeth .I just wanted to know how to take care of her teeth?
Sir I have a golden retriever puppy of 30 days old nw it has fleas on it nw I afraid weather they will be gone by anti fleas powder or they will not.
I have an abandoned pigeon's new born baby. What do I feed him? How much to feed? And at what time intervals? And will it excrete by itself? Please help. Where can I get him rehabilitated?
I have a white rooster more than 2 years of age, since 2.5 months his right eye is swelling and has shifted his neck bone towards right and sometimes seizures occurs and his comb and wattle becomes black and it becomes difficult to breathe. Also tears comes in his eyes and becomes bubble and congestion type sound comes from his mouth. Vet has said he is suffering from new castle disease. Now seizures are very less but saliva comes in his mouth and becomes bubble and makes it difficult to breathe and it is very frequent. What should we do so that saliva stop covering the entire mouth.
My Pet Dog Name is Rocky. Today A other wild and Dirty Big Dog Injured My Dog. He bite his jaw very badly, A lot of bleeding happens After this I bathe my dog but bleeding not stop. please tell me what I do. Their is lack of dog doctor.
It is not unnatural to find some lumps or bumps on your dog’s body, particularly when the dog is approaching its senior years. These growths are among the most common issues found in older dogs. But it can also happen to the younger ones. It is natural to be scared and have doubts whether it is a tumor or a lump or is it cancer. As a dog owner, therefore, you must understand the different types of lumps, bumps and growths on the dogs so that you can consult with a reputed veterinarian without delay.
1. Understanding the lumps, bumps, and growths: The veterinary doctor would refer to an unknown lump as a tumor in a general manner. This term do not indicate the malignity or benignity of the tumor. These terms typically indicate that an abnormal growth of tissues has taken place inside the body which has a shape or is a mass. There is no reason to panic in case your vet says that there is a growth or something of similar significance.
2. Getting the right diagnosis of the lumps on dogs: The dog owners are most likely to notice growth on the dogs while taking it for routine grooming or while petting it. When there is a new growth or tumor on the dog, it is safer to consult with the veterinarian who can carry out a thorough checkup. He would discuss the medical history of the dog which may include daily lifestyle, diet, signs and symptoms of illness and then a physical examination will be performed. It is important to note here that sometimes, the growth may not be noticeable and this is the primary reason why taking it out to an experienced veterinarian is crucial. The expert would be able to find visible masses while carrying out a routine examination.
3. Testing the mass or lump on the dog’s body: When there is a lump or growth on the dog’s body, it is important to carry out some tests such as complete blood count, urinalysis, radiographs revealing signs of metastasis and internal abnormalities, ultrasound, CT scan and certain advanced diagnostics.
In some cases when the lump can be easily accessed, the expert may recommend you to take your dog for a fine needle aspirate which is performed by inserting a small needle into the mass and drawing back the syringe. A little amount of tissue gets accumulated in the syringe which is then tested to determine the character of the lump. When the fine needle aspirate test is not effective, usually a biopsy is carried out under general anesthesia or mild sedation where it is cut out surgically or the entire mass is removed following surgical procedures.
Why do some vets recommend complain and ice cream for lactose intolerant dogs, to control yellow vomit with froth? Will giving such milk-based products, not worsen the situation?
Depression in humans is well-known and well-documented, but depression in dogs is less known and studies have not been extended up to a deep level till now. As we say dogs are better known as "humans", it is natural for them to feel low and depressed at times. Some of the dog owners must have noticed that all of a sudden their dogs start acting in a way which is very unlike them. Sometimes, they find places to hide constantly or are spotted to be sleeping all day long.
The reasons for such depression are more or less the same in every species and can be interpreted as the following:
- Abusing: Just like humans, dogs get psychologically affected by the way their owner treats them. If you abuse your dog in a way in which it was not raised up, it is sure that your dog will slip into depression and in a few cases, might display some signs of aggression too.
- Critical depression: Critical depression occurs due to some changes in the dog's body. Chemical imbalances may provoke certain behaviors; one of them could be depression. In such situations, it is recommended to take your dog to a Veterinarian in order to seek professional help.
- Grief: If your dog's companion or its known faces drift away, it affects the dog’s behavior massively and may result into depression. This is because with time, the dogs develop strong emotional bonds and it gets hard for them to handle themselves in their absence.
- Aging: Aging is another reason behind your dog's depression. It is very simple to know and understand too that your dog will not be as energetic as it was in its young days. Also, sometimes sensing that their lifespan is about to end may lead them into depression.
How To Deal With It?
By being compassionate, as most of the times your dog may feel depressed because of the treatment you offer to it. They always want to be loved and adored by their owners and this cures everything unnatural happening with them. Try to play with them whenever you come back home, feed them gently, run your fingers through their fur and be extra attentive. All of these will enlighten their mood. Alternatively, you may try out other methods like going out for a walk twice a day, let it socialize with others in the park, let it feel loved more than anything.
For critical depression and grief, it is better to take recommendation from a Veterinarian. Try being patient with your dog about everything. Not all dogs recover rapidly. Hence, before snapping at it again, give it some time and don't pressurize it for anything that comes from its master affects it the deepest. For more comfort, you may bring a new pet which would be its companion for the entire day. Be cautious about the situation and selection. Sometimes they become envious due to such occurrences. Make sure they both get along well.
Osteoarthritis is related with genetic predisposition, inherited problems or defects in bones & joints. This painful condition often requires veterinary pain killers, supplements which protects bones and joints, scientific measures like controlled exercise, swimming & physiotherapy under the veterinary medical supervision. As pollution related features can bring such disorders causing free radical damage, this problem can be managed and a quality living for the pets can be provided with the application of advanced medicines like glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate, MSM, micronutrients ete. Many commercial diets are available which can nourish pets skeletal system effectively and a good plane of nutrition can guard a pet from gaining extra body weight which aggravates osteoarthritis. A perfect dietary and lifestyle management therefore is highly essential for combating such painful disorders.