Doctor in PHYSIOWORX
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for PHYSIOWORXYour feedback matters!
I met with an accident and got a crack or fracture on my left collarbone. Now I am hearing some crackle sound whenever I move my shoulder. I don't feel much of pain in certain position of my shoulder and hand but at time I feel a sharp pain which goes off when I adjust my shoulder. Let me tell this that I don't feel any pain other than that. But I am just trying to keep my shoulder still as much as I can. Can you please suggest anything?
I am suffering for my back pain last some month and I feel so weak in my whole body for this all problem my mood is always off like not talk any person, unhappy, distribution.
Hello, I am suffering from back pain from the last one year, I am 25 years old. I am doing computer work so I am always sitting because of back pain, I can't sleep. Please give me some remedies.
I've got my right leg knee twisted yesterday to the right and then again it came back to its original position. Since the time I have been in a pain and today I did consult with one of the Orthopaedic doctor who took X ray and have mentioned that luckily bones has not been broken but there has been a space formed at the place knee is located. The tissues have got broke and informed that it would take 3 weeks to heal. He has also mentioned not to bend your knee till the healing period and I have to keep it straight. I wore knee brace till the time it gets healed. Kindly suggest me best to avoid such things not to occur in future.
Low back pain-
Physical discomfort with pain affecting the lower half of the back, varying in intensity from a dull ache to incapacitating.
Common causes of this symptom
Lower back pain can have causes that aren't due to underlying disease. Examples include overuse such as working out or lifting too much, prolonged sitting and laying down, sleeping in an uncomfortable position, wearing a poorly fitting backpack or chiropractic manipulation.
Using hot or cold packs may help ease low back pain. Limited bed rest, followed by regular activity and gentle stretching exercises, may also help. While recovering, it's best to avoid sudden, painful movements.
- Seeking medical care
- Make an appointment to see a doctor if you
- Feel pain that's persistent or worsens
- Develop pain that travels down one or both legs
- Have weakness, numbness or tingling in one or both legs
- Experience swelling, redness or unintentional weight loss
- Can't work, sleep or perform daily activities
- See a doctor immediately if you
- Develop pain after a car accident, sports injury or other trauma
- Develop a fever
- Have trouble passing stool or urinating
Homeopathy has a big role to play in curing and managing joint pains. Usually, joint pains are managed by giving pain killers and anti-inflammatory medicines and there is no permanent cure for them in the allopathic system of medicine. There are also many instances where joint pain symptoms go undiagnosed.
Homeopathy is a symptom- based system of medicine which can help in joint pains of all sorts.
Read on for indicated homeopathic remedies for joint pains-
- Rhus Tox is the number one homoeopathic remedy for joint pains. Your doctor will prescribe it for curing you if your joint pains are extreme after rest and they get better after you start walking around.
- Bryonia Alba is another super effective homoeopathic remedy for joint pains. This medicine is given when your joint pains get worse after moving about and subside after rest. This most often happens in osteoarthritis pains where the joints are eroded and inflamed. Bryonia is also used when there is inflammation around the joints causing swelling.
- Ledum Pal is a great homoeopathic remedy for gout where the small joint of the toe, for example, gets inflamed. Colchicum, and Formica rufa or ‘crushed live ants’ are both excellent for chronic gout and stiffness in joints.
- Causticum is indicated whenever there is a severe tearing pain in limbs and this gets relieved by hot fomentation. Here cold air increases pain.
- Arnica Montana helps treats pain and soreness in the whole body due to diffused joint pains. Arnica is also a great for relieving pain in joints due to an injury.
- Actea Spicata helps when the joints of the hands are affected and especially the wrist joints. Rheumatic pain in small joints of hands and wrist can be treated very well using Actea.
- Chinum Sulph is the most indicated homoeopathic medicine whenever there is sudden onset of joint pains all over the body like in the sudden onset of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Pulsatilla is an excellent homoeopathic remedy for shifting pains in joints. The pains move from one joint to another. Phytolacca is also indicated when there are shifting joint pains but this shifting is very sudden and severe.
- Colchicum is also a great homeopathic remedy for severe joint pains due to rheumatoid arthritis.
- Kali bichromicum can treat muscle pains due to fibrositis which causes pain in small spots.
- Fibromyalgia is another musculo-skeletal disorder that causes diffuse tenderness and pains in the muscles. Remedies such as Rhus tox are very useful in treating it.
Homoeopathic remedies are also very effective in the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis. If you have this disease that causes deformities in joints, running in your family, consult a homoeopath for a good constitutional homoeopathic remedy which will prevent rheumatoid arthritis from developing fully. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Arthritis is a very painful disease. It restricts you from doing a lot of the activities you would love to engage in. However, there are steps you could take to reduce the chances of it happening to you.
Here are some of them:
1. Take Omega-3 fatty acids
Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
2. Take Vitamins and olive oil
Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. Vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while Vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges. Olive oil is also useful because it contains polyphenols which reduce the chances of developing arthritis.
3. Eat ginger and broccoli
Ginger and broccoli are two of the most therapeutic foods for various reasons and the chances of getting arthritis are also proven to reduce due to these foods.
4. Avoid injury
Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
5. Control your weight
This is very important, especially for your knees. It has been proven by researchers at Johns Hopkins University that if you are 10 kg overweight, then 30 to 60 extra kilograms of weight fall on your knees.
Strengthening your muscles around your joint decrease the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Got a desk job? You probably find yourself hunched over your laptop or table working long hours. To add to the misery, they don’t make the chairs to really flatter your back. This really makes you wish they provided massage chairs, but not every one of us is that fortunate!
The result? A crankier you with a sore back, who comes back home with spirits lower than the Monday blues. Even if you truly enjoy your job, it makes you think twice about going back again.
It’s probably something you take for granted, but your upper spine receives a lot of support from the muscles in your shoulder, neck, chest, and back. By strengthening those muscles through exercise, you can fend off issues of the neck and upper back pain.
It will take a regular regimen of back exercises to make your muscles stronger and better able to support your spine. You should perform these exercises in sessions of 15 to 30 minutes a day, at least two or three times each week, the experts say. Be sure to consult your doctor before undertaking such a program, however, especially if you're already suffering from upper back pain. Here is a list of extremely easy exercises that you can do right away -
- Thoracic Extension: Put your hands behind your head and stretch back, looking up at the ceiling. Do this at least 10 ten times and keep repeating this throughout the day.
- Scapular Squeeze: You can do this sitting or standing. Put your arms on either side and squeeze your shoulder blades towards each other. Do two sets of 15.
- Knee To Chest: Lie on your back with your toes pointing up, slowly bend your knees pulling your leg closer to the chest and hold it for 20 seconds. Repeat three times for each leg.
- Yoga Cat/Cow: Kneel on all fours, with the hands beneath your shoulders and knees below your hips. While exhaling, gently arch your spine. And while inhaling, tighten your core muscles and arch your back outwards like a cat. Do 2 sets of 10.
- The Door Stretch: Stand in an open doorway or wall. Put your hands slightly above your head and lean forward until you feel a stretch on your shoulders. Hold for 15-30 seconds. Repeat this 5 times.
- Thoracic Stretch: Sit with your legs stretched in front of you. Hold the middle of your thighs and lean forward with your head curling up towards your pelvic region.
- Arm Slide On The Wall: While sitting or standing, put your palms or elbows on the nearest wall and slide it up to the highest point without removing contact with the wall.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!