Doctors in Medanta Mediclinic Cybercity
Liver Transplant Surgery
Dr. Sushila Kataria received me under her care on 17th July 2016. She is a very good Physician. She offered great advice for my blood clots problem. I came to India specifically looking for her. I will keep recommending her to all those who require this type of care. A great doctor, a great experience.
She is very claim to listen your problem and give best advice. I know her since 2004 when she was in Moolchand Med city.
Very very nice........ She is the best doctor....
Karan Singh Yadav
he is simply master.great doctor i have ever met
Ten tips for a healthy brain and nutrition
Let your food be your medicine
1. Avoid sugar in your diet: researchers conclude that having a diet rich in sugar and fructose could be the most damaging thing you do to your brain, among other organs.
2. Omega 3 fats in diet: our body needs a balance of omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 in the body. A good intake of omega 3 fats helps in decreasing neuroinflammation.
3. Vitamin b12 and folate levels: asses your vitamin b12 plus folate levels, and take good quality multivitamins to optimize blood levels of these vitamins.
4. Antioxidants rich diet: try to take vegetables 6-8 times in a day with seed and nuts every day.
5. Optimize your vitamin d levels: researchers believe that optimal vitamin d levels are neuroprotective, it protects brain cells by increasing the effectiveness of glial cells in nursing damaged neurons back to health.
6. Try consuming gluten free, casein free diet to rule out non-coeliac gluten sensitivity which is in turn related to neuropsychiatric disorders.
7. Avoid or limit cow dairy: I recommend yogurt and ghee made using cow milk. Try camel milk or goat milk products. Always go for organic products.
8. Organic diet: researchers conclude that pesticides and other chemicals in food leads to intestinal damage and also believe that leaky gut is related to leaky brain. Try to implement an organic diet as much as possible and stay away from pesticides, antibiotics, hormones and GMO foods.
9. Increase fiber content in diet: add chia seeds and flax seeds to your diet, as it feeds the healthy microbiome present in your intestine.
10. Add fermented foods to your diet.
Have you always wanted to look cute, sexy, and hot?
- Do you want to shed those extra kilos, which have settled on your love handles?
- Do you want to get rid of those ugly spots on your skin?
- Do you want to have glossy, smooth, shiny hair?
- Want to look like a ‘raider of hearts’?
Well then in this article I will give you tips to overall personality. So read on to find out….
Some tips to look cute, hot and sexy are:
• Every day drink a glass of water mixed with one tablespoon of honey and lemon to lose weight.
• Make sure that you hit the gym daily and control your diet to lose weight.
• Apply moisturizer to your skin daily to keep it glowing, soft and smooth.
• Use face wash daily after coming home to get rid of sweat and pollution. This will help to unclog your pores and keep your skin free from pimples and black heads.
• Wash your hair twice a week and oil your hair a night before washing it.
• Apply a mixture of curd and egg to your hair 30 minutes prior to washing your hair. Follow this if you want smooth and silky hair.
• Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables they are good for your skin, hair, health and body.
• Drink a lot of water, to water down those love handles, remove spots from your skin and lose weight.
• Mix multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and rose water. Apply this paste to your skin to get rid of pimples and acne.
• For cracks on your heels, mix glycerin and rose water in equal proportion and apply it every night until your soft heels replace your cracked heels.
• Make sure that you don’t comb your hair while it is wet and avoid using dryer to dry your hair as it causes thinning of hair.
• To lose weight, eat small frequent meals instead of large meals. And eat only salad and soup at night.
• Dress in colorful clothes or the ones that suit your skin tone. Ask for your friends opinions to enhance your dressing style.
Hence, follow the above tips to enhance your overall look.
Good Sleep, Balanced diet , ignore the negative thoughts. Taking plenty of fruits, vegetables, vegetable salads, avoid spicy based food, self-motivation or approaching the nutritionist.
Human relationships are fragile in nature. It takes lesser time to break a relationship than to make one. Irrespective of its tenure, the end of a lovely relationship can leave you heartbroken and hamper your entire life. It not just affects your emotional well-being, but has the possibility to hamper your overall physical health. You must remember that there is no magic formula to help you cope up with the pain of losing. But, you will have to be determined to help yourself in this difficult time.
Most of us are forced to start our personal life from ground zero or the scratch, soon after we are left to struggle alone following our break-ups. You must have heard it from most of the people surrounding you that time heals all. But, it is your effort along with the time that will help you come out of the depressive phase.
Here are certain tips to help you to come out of the depressive phase after a break up:
- Talk or write: Any emotional problem grows bigger as you try to hide it from others or yourself. You should not bury the emotions within you and treat them as dead secrets. You will have to talk it out with friends and closed ones. If that is what you don’t want to do absolutely, you must at least try and relieve yourself of the burden by writing about it in private. Try and get rid of the tendency to suppress the unpleasant feelings. After pouring out all the feelings on paper, destroy the paper into shreds and throw it out of the house. While destroying the paper affirm " with this I destroy and uncreate the energy I invested in this relationship.
- Do take care of your body: The first thing that we tend to forget at the time of break up is our physical health and to maintain personal hygiene. Most of us skip our meals, don’t take showers and lead a secluded life. This should be avoided as your health comes first. You will have to take proper meals and maintain personal hygiene so that you don’t put your health at risk.
- Go and exercise: You can pump out your endorphins through cardio exercises. This helps a lot. This will also lower the stress levels and improve your cognitive functioning.
- Remember the great things in life: It is the time when you must look back and remember all the great moments of your life. You must not feel low and lose your self-confidence. Rather, you must feel confident by remembering the golden moments. Remind yourself of all your greater goals in life and treat this break up as a petty issue.
- Meditation: Meditation helps them focus their life on track.
- Track your life - Create a journal where you want to go. Create several pointers in symbolic form in a journal or in drawing form. Give a date and time to each pointer. Create steps how will you reach the next pointer. And thus creating the track of your life.
- Declutter - by removing the things which were given by the person.
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is referred to as a group of disorders that are characterized by a high blood sugar level. Diabetes mellitus occurs when the secretion of insulin (a pancreatic hormone responsible for converting the sugar from consumed foods into energy) is insufficient or the body cells do not properly respond to insulin. Insufficient secretion of insulin causes glucose formation in the bloodstream and mixes with the urine.
The psychological factors responsible for Diabetes Mellitus. In majority (not all), this disease originates with some recent stress in life. This disease is an epidemic in late thirties till Fifties. In this age, a person is productive in his profession and most of the time there are job or financial issues that play a very vital role in generating stress and hence Diabetes.
Mostly, in my practice patients reported, before developing Diabetes, a recent financial loss or strain, love disappointment, a betrayal, or fear of losing a job etc., Sedentary habits, diet and genetic factors are secondary. Homeopathy keeps such things in account before prescribing and in many cases Diabetes is reversible. There is a vast field of diabetic complications where Homeopathy has a LOT to offer. One of them is diabetic neuropathy. For example pain in soles, nerves, lack of energy, sexual dysfunction, mood disorders, diabetic ulcer etc.
In homeopathy, the main focus is on functioning of the pancreas in efficient insulin production. There are specific medicines which are used effectively in the treatment of all the stages of the diseases.
Homeopathic treatment can help improve the general health of a person with diabetes:
If a person with diabetes is in good health, his or her insulin requirements will be steady and the blood glucose well controlled at the same time.
Homeopaths resort to different approaches towards diabetes Management of Blood Sugar. First is when the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it and there are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar.
Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force. Whatever treatment is taken it’s always advisable to be in regular touch with the doctor and keep sharing the health status with the doctor. The homeopathic preparations useful for diabetes are as follows:
Phosphoric acid: Useful remedy for diabetes with the symptoms of recurrent physical or mental exhaustion, loss of memory and numbness in the feet.
Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic preparation is useful for diabetics who show the symptoms of polyuria, an increased sensation of hunger and weakness in the muscles.
Syzygium Jambolanum: Useful in reducing the blood sugar level quickly and effectively. This homeopathic preparation is also useful to cure diabetics with the symptoms of polyuria, increased sensation of thirst and long-term ulcers.
Gymnema Sylvestre: This Homeopathic preparation acts as a useful remedy for diabetics who are experiencing the symptoms of weight loss with a severe lack in energy levels.
Uranium Nitricum: This homeopathic preparation is a useful cure for diabetes with the symptoms of depression, nausea, irregular urination, severe pain in the back, delayed menstrual periods in women, significant pain in the head and dry skin.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the painusually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Fertility is a potential for reproduction. In other words, fertility is an ability to have babies or to reproduce. When fertility rate in a community, increases more babies are born. To produce an offspring it depends on age, health and other factors of the woman. When we talk about fertility rates it means the number of births that happen during a certain time period in a specific location. On the other end, lack of ability to reproduce is termed as infertility. There are various treatments to deal with fertility issues and one of the ancient and natural as well as a trusted treatment is Ayurveda.
Female infertility is caused due to structural problems like blocked fallopian tubes, a defect in cervical canal, uterine fibroids or polyps. Hormonal imbalance leading to ovulation problems too can cause infertility. In males. infertility may have anatomical, psychological, hormonal or lifestyle related causes. The cause of infertility in approximately 20% of couples can't be determined using the currently available methods of investigation. From Ayurvedic perspectives, shukra dhatu can get affected by various physical, mental causes and even by serious diseases. Poor quality shukra dhatu can cause infertility in males & females.
Failure to reproduce.
Ayurveda For Infertility:
Ayurveda is one of the world's oldest holistic healing systems. It is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body and Spirit. The primary focus of Ayurvedic medicine is to promote good health, rather than fight disease. Fertility problems are increasing these days for many young couples. There are many factors which account for this like Lifestyle, delayed marriages, diet, etc. But Ayurveda not only does explain how to increase fertility with herbal supplements, but it also focuses on how to have healthy children.
For a pregnancy to be healthy and successful, a couple needs to take care of the following four essential factors:
- Sperm/Ovum (Seeds)
- Uterus (Soil)
- Nourishment (Water)
- Time for Conception (Timing of Sowing)
Reproductive health, in both men and women, depends on the health of the reproductive tissue or shukra dhatu. In women, shukra creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men, the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation. The shukra is created as part of a long chain of metabolic transformations. It starts with the digestion of food, then goes on to the transformation of food to nutrient fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone, bone marrow, and finally, to shukra tissue. Healthy shukra tissue, then, according to Ayurveda, depends on the health of all the other tissues in the body.
Foods to Nourish All Seven Dhatus (Bringhana):
- Fresh, organic fruits and vegetables
- Dairy proteins, including milk, lassi, and panir (a fresh cheese made of milk)
- Whole grains
- Mung dhal
- Soaked almonds or soaked walnuts
- Dried fruits such as dates, figs, and raisins
- Sweet, juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums, and pears
- If your digestion is strong, eat urad dhal (available at Indian grocery stores) cooked with equal parts turmeric, cumin, coriander, and fennel.
- A banana cooked in ghee, cinnamon and cardamom is a tasty and wholesome dessert for people with strong digestion.
Foods to Enhance the Reproductive Tissue (Vrishya):
Spices such as ajwain powder, cumin (which purifies the uterus in women and the genitourinary tract in men), turmeric (to improve the interaction between hormones and targeted tissues), and black cumin.
In general, it's important to eat a wide variety of foods in order to receive all the essential nutrients. Keep trying new vegetables and fruits, and rotate your menus to make sure you're not eating the same thing day after day.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination. These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, especially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, Vamanam, Sneha Vasti, Nasyam and Kashaya Vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally Podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment, the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged. This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic clinics, doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as the sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibers attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
1. You will experience pain even while resting
2. There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
3. You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
4. The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
5. You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
1. Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
2. Lifting heavy things
3. Exercising without a proper warm-up routine
4. Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
5. Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
6. Not stretching properly
7. Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
1. Pain medications: You can opt for pain-relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
2. Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
3. Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
4. Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you to stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength.