Doctor in KRSNA Speciality Clinic
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for KRSNA Speciality ClinicYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is a holistic science, whereas Thyroid is a serious endocrinological disorder. One can opt for constitutional homeopathic treatment for Thyroid.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination.
These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged.
This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.
Pregnancy is one such phase in every couples' life that the partners have to face a lot of changes, both, physically, emotionally and mentally. Whether sex is safe or not during pregnancy is one of the many doubts that couples have.
It is especially the expectant mothers who feel worried the most whenever it comes to enjoying passion and intimacy with their partners. However, studies have shown that sex during pregnancy is completely safe and many couples enjoy a healthy sexual relationship till the delivery date comes, only if you follow a few precautions which are discussed below.
- Always use protection: Even during pregnancy, sexually transmitted disease or STDs can be transmitted to your baby in the womb. Hence, it’s of crucial importance to practice safe sex only. Make sure to use condoms or vaginal protection every time you and your partner engage in sexual activities. During pregnancy, having sex with partners with sex history unknown to you must be avoided as it may increase the risk of you and your baby to become infected with STDs.
- Be careful while having oral sex: It's better to avoid oral sex when you are in your advanced stages of pregnancy. However, if it's oral sex that your mind and body craves for during pregnancy, make sure that your partner never blows air into the vagina as it may lead to air embolism where the air bubble creates a blockage in the blood vessel.
- Don’t try strenuous positions: During pregnancy, due to the anatomical changes in your body, you may become uncomfortable to certain sex positions which you once enjoyed the most. In this case, what you need is to opt for alternate and safe sex positions. For example, instead of you as an expectant mother lying at the bottom of your partner, try having sex side by side or you on the top etc.
- It’s better to avoid anal sex: Anal sex during pregnancy often leads to bleeding, infection in the anal area and even increased risks of STDs. It can also cause damage to the placenta. Therefore, it's best to avoid anal sex positions and learn to say no to the sex positions you are not feeling comfortable with.
- Pay attention to sexual comfort: During pregnancy, it’s very natural for expectant mothers’ breasts to become sensitive to touch or the vaginal tissues to become sensitive and engorged as well. Therefore, while having sex with your partner make sure to opt for lubricant based condoms and water-soluble lubricants for the nipples to give them a soothing feeling.
Therefore, it can be said that if you keep the above-mentioned precautions in mind, enjoying a healthy sex life when you are expecting won't be difficult at all. However, it's always better to consult with a sexologist to have detailed knowledge about the sex positions you should try and those should be avoided for having a satisfying yet healthy sex experience.