Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Mehrotra ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
ZINC AND IT'S IMPORTANCE FOR HEALTH
Zinc is an trace mineral
It is needed for immunity system proper functioning and plays role in cell division, cell growth, hormone production, wound healing and carbohydrates breakdown. Besides this it is needed for senses of smell and taste and enhances the action of insulin
For growth and development during pregnancy, infancy and childhood zinc is required.
It may reduce the risk of common cold if taken regularly for 5 month( Recent study)
Animal protein e.g. Beef, pork and Lamb other good sources are nuts, grains, legumes and yeast. Fruits and vegetables are not good source of zinc.
It is a supplement of multivitamins in the form of Zinc gluconate, Zinc sulphate or Zinc acetate.
Sign and symptoms of deficiency
Note:(Deficiency is more common in vegetarian than non vegetarian)
Hypogonadism in males
Loss of hairs
Sense of smell and Taste problem
Poor wound healing
If taken in excess may cause abdominal cramps, Diarrhea and vomiting along with deficiency of Copper or iron
Weight gain or weight loss
Increase risk of Infertility
Increase risk of Diabetes
Zinc requirements: It varies in different age group
0-6 months: 2 milligrams/day
7-12 months: 3 milligrams/day
1-3 years: 3 milligrams/day
4-8 years: 5 milligrams/day
9 -13 years: 8 milligrams/day
Adolescents and adults:
Males age 14 and over: 11 milligrams/day
Females age 14 to 18 years: 9 milligrams/day
Females age 19 and over: 8 milligrams/day
1. : It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combat increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400 mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. : Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5.: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. : These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. : Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. : Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. : To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.
I had my period on the 16th. I had unprotected sex on the 20th and the 26th. What are the chances I'm pregnant.
Dear doctor I have a one problem about sex, meri gf virgin he and humne sex karneka faisla kiya, hum koi risk nahi Lena chahte iss liye humne condom use kiya. But jesehi me sex karneki koshish karu to condom break ho jata he. Aur meri gf ko takleef bhi hoti he. So what can I do?
Sir my age is 46 years. And age of my wife is 44 years. We have one baby of 11 years. I am doing intercourse with my wife with out any precautions from last 13 years. I never drop my semen into her vagina. We have no disease. We both are ok. Please suggest me is it right or wrong.
A number of digestion related problems plague people from time to time. Diarrhea or loose motions remains one of the most debilitating problem in this regard, with other conditions like IBS or irritable bowel syndrome and colitis, Crohn’s Disease and others like pain, discomfort and related issues. If your daily schedule is hampered by constant trips to the bathroom and your eating habits show poor nutritional choices and a lack of appetite, then it may be time to do something about these digestive problems.
Let us acquaint ourselves with a few measures for treatment of the same.
- Triggers: One of the important and primary steps in the process of treating your digestive related problem is to learn how to recognise and identify the triggers so that you may avoid the same. There are many kinds of food that may not be suitable for some people. With the help of your doctor, you can go through a food or skin test that will help in exposing you to small amounts of various ingredients. The results will help in pointing towards the food allergy or triggers that you may be suffering from. Apart from food, there may be certain kinds of medication that may be causing side effects like loose motions and other digestive problems. Also, there are certain situations and stress giving factors that may be contributing to this condition. In such cases, it is best to maintain a food dairy or event diary so that you learn your triggers and avoid the same.
- Hydration: One of the most important ways of treating digestive problems is to drink plenty of fluids and to keep your body well hydrated. Besides routinely flushing out the toxins that cause the condition in the first place, plenty of water intake will also help in replenishing the lost fluid reserves as the body tends to get dehydrated swiftly when it is suffering from such conditions. One should also avoid contaminated sources of water and try to drink bottled and packaged water, especially while travelling.
- Hygiene: It is important to eat hygienically prepared food and wash your hands before and after meals so as to remove unhygienic triggers from the list that causes digestive disorders. Using alcohol free wipes in case you are suffering from loose motions and keeping a sanitiser handy at all times will also help in treating the condition.
- Medicines: The doctor may prescribe various kinds of medicines in order to fight the onset of such conditions as well for treatment of related symptoms like bloating and gas. This medication must always be kept handy so that the patient can have it as soon as the earliest symptoms arise.
Common cold as well as flu can give rise to various symptoms like body ache as well as a runny or stuffy nose. These symptoms may also arise as a part of other ailments like allergic cold or hay fever. Mild to moderate fever may be experienced in such conditions. One should be able to treat these symptoms at home so as to be more comfortable until the flu or cold abates. Here are a few ways in which you can treat a runny nose and body ache.
- Rest: One of the first and most important thing that you need to do in such a situation is to take ample rest so that your body gets to rejuvenate rather than getting overworked even in these trying conditions. With the help of sleep and rest, you will be able to feel fresh and the body ache will be reduced as well.
- Diet: To begin with, one will need to drink plenty of fluids in order to remain hydrated. This is one of the most important ways of treating cold and flu as the body can get severely dehydrated due to the ailments. Replenishing the body fluids can ensure that the immunity does not suffer. Also, you should have plenty of soup and vegetables so that your immunity gets a boost even as the digestive system is not overworked with overly heavy food which it may have trouble in processing due to the general weakness of the body. But you must remember to eat well and frequently as the body will not go away unless you put sufficient fuel in your system.
- Steaming: Taking hot water steam with a towel draped over your head can help in treating the runny nose. Ensure that you are sitting down at a sturdy table with the steaming kettle or pan in front of you, so that there are no upsets which can lead to burns and accidents.
- Medication: Along with these measures, you must see a doctor so that the condition may be diagnosed properly. The doctor will also check your symptoms and carry out lab tests in order to ensure that there is no infection at play. Also, the doctor can prescribe medicines accordingly with anti-allergy medication like antihistamines to treat rhinitis and peramivir, zanamivir, or other such drugs to treat the flu. These medicines can also make you drowsy and induce sleep which will help your body in getting adequate rest.
- Emergency cases: If the body ache and runny nose come with other symptoms that persistently grow, you must call the doctor immediately. These include constant painful coughing, tightness in the chest, severe sore throat, vomiting, and persistent high fever.
Caused by Bacteria M. avium "M.A.C." / M. intrracelulare "M.A.I"
- MAC is a AIDS-defining condition.
- MAC is common in persons having CD4 count <50 cell/mm.
- Respiratory symptoms are not common in HIV -related MAC.
- Mycobacterium avium complex or M. kansasii dessiminated or extramulmonary, almost any internal organ especially the Liver, Spleen, and Bone marrow
- Weight loss
- Low level of red and white blood cells.
- High blood level of liver enzyme ( alkaline phosphatase)
- Painful intestines.
- Almost half of those with late -stage HIV disease (AIDS) are infected with the MAC bacteria, not all of those show symptoms of MAC.
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase levels in blood tests can indicate MAC.
As advised by consulting physician ( Clarithomycin, Azithromycin, Etambutol , Rifampin, Rifabutin, Ciprofloxacin, Amikacin
Opprtunistic HIV Infection:
HIV does not kill anybody directly.
HIV weakens the body's ability to fight disease.
Infection which are rarly seen in those with normal immune systems are deadly to those with HIV called opportunistic infections.
Many of these illness are very serious, and they need to be treated.
Some illness can be prevented.
- Opportunistic infection can be Bacterial, Viral, Fungal, Neurological, Protozoal, Malignacies, Others.
- Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC orMAI)
- Syphilis and Neurosyphilis
- Bacillary angiomatosis ( Cat scratch disease)
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Herpes simplex (HSV, Genital Herpes)
- Herpes zoster (HSZ)
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Oral hairy leukoplakia (OPL)
- Progressive Multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)
- Candidiasis (Thrush, Yeast infection)
- ryptococcal Meningitis
- AIDS dementia complex (ADC)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP)
- Systemic Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL)
- Primary CNS Lymphoma
Other Conditions and Complications
- Apthous ulcers
- Wasting syndrome
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Pelvic inflammatory disease paricularly complicated by Tuboovarian abscess.
- Lymphoma Burkit's
- Lymphoma immunoblastic
HIV does not kill anybody directly.
HIV weakens the body's ability to fight disease.
Infection which are rarly seen in those with normal immune systems are deadly to those with HIV, called opportunistic infections.
Many of these illness are very serious , and they need to be treated .
Some illness can be prevented.
Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC orMAI)
Syphilis and Neurosyphilis
Bacillary angiomatosis ( Cat scratch disease)
Herpes simplex (HSV, Genital Herpes)
Herpes zoster (HSZ)
Oral hairy leukoplakia (OPL)
Progressive Multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)
Candidiasis (Thrush, Yeast infection)
AIDS dementia complex (ADC)
Systemic Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL)
Primary CNS Lymphoma
When I sleep at night and get I get these sex dreams and I GT ejaculated at night so I don't want these dream and this ejaculation also I just want to sleep freely without any tests please help me.
My right testicle is bigger than my left testicle. There is no pain but it is uncomfortable when I walk. What should I do? And it seems like my left testis is getting smaller day by day (i am not sure about it but I just feel something like this). Please help me doctor. Thank you.
The neck is one of the most important parts of the human body, as it connects the head with the rest of the body and renders precious mobility to the former. The neck consists of a number of vertebrae that start from the skull and end in the upper torso. There are also cervical discs that can absorb shock and allow motion along with the bones, ligaments and muscles that render support. Injuries, anomalies, inflammation and other causes may lead to neck pain which can cause severe problems if not treated properly and on time.
Read on to know more about the causes of neck pain.
- Muscle Tension and Strain: If you sit at a desk and work for too long without changing your position often enough, then the discomfort will gradually lead to chronic pain and inflammation due to the poor posture. Also, maintaining a poor posture while sitting, standing and walking can all lead to this kind of pain. The muscles of the neck can also suffer strain due to neck jerks during gym sessions of exercising. Also, if you sleep with your neck in a bad position, this can lead to neck and shoulder pain which can last for several days.
- Injury: The neck is a sensitive and delicate area that we take for granted many times. This part of the body is most susceptible to injuries which can be caused due to falls, car accidents, sports and other such occasions where the muscles as well as the ligaments of the neck may be forced out of their normal range, leaving the body in acute and severe pain. A fracture of the cervical vertebrae or the neck bones can also lead to neck pain which can take several weeks and months to get fully repaired. Sudden jerking of the head can also cause neck pain and neck injury. This motion is known as a ‘whiplash’.
- Heart Attack: Did you know that a heart attack can also give you neck pain? That’s right neck pain is one of the symptoms of a heart attack along with excessive sweating, nausea, pain in the arm and the jaw line, as well as shallow breathing and shortness of breath. If you do experience such symptoms along with sudden neck pain, then you will need to call the emergency unit of the hospital or a doctor immediately.
- Meningitis: This condition refers to the inflammation of the thin tissue surrounding the spinal cord as well as the brain. Headaches and a stiff neck are the most common and persistent symptoms of this condition. This can also turn out to be a fatality if it is not treated on time.