Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for Arogya MandirYour feedback matters!
My hair is turned into white (some part). I look like aged now. Suggest a best shampoo to overcome this problem.
Respected Doctor It has been about six long months that my Mom is suffering from swelling in her feet which reduces in her feet when she keeps them elevated in the night time but then the condition of swelling gets worst during the day when she has to keep her feet on the ground. Also now there are cracks seen in between the fingers of the feet because of which she is always in pain. Hence please do suggest the best medicine to cure the disease so that she may be relieved of the problem that is persistent since long. Please Do answer at your earliest Yours sincerely.
Human body moves in an agile manner because of the wonderful coordination between the muscles and bones. The bones are connected to the muscles by what are known as tendons. These are fibrous, thinner than bones, but thicker than muscles and enable movement.
However, due to overuse, trauma, or inflammation, these tendons can be affected. Symptoms include constant dull ache, weakness, stiffness, and limited movement of the affected area. With exercise or sudden movement, the pain can be more sharp and severe. This condition is known as chronic tendinopathy. Depending on the actual clinical presentation, rest, ice therapy, heat therapy, exercise and pain medications are usually used in combination to relieve the tendon pain.
However, if there is no relief of symptoms, surgery may be indicated to remove the injured tissue. This will allow for healing of the affected tendon, thereby reducing pain and inflammation and improving range of motion of the affected joint. Many questions have been raised about the traditional methods of therapy and treatment for tendon pain. More and more innovative, but conservative measures are being used to treat chronic tendon pain, as they produce better results and have gained more popularity. Three of the most common ones are listed below:
- Platelet rich plasma therapy: Traditionally, corticosteroids were used for treating chronic tendinopathy. This was believed to reduce inflammation and therefore relieve the pain. Instead, injecting the affected joint with platelet-rich plasma provides the body with rich supply of oxygen, nutrients, and growth factors. This triggers natural healing. It is done as an outpatient, nonsurgical procedure, where the patient’s blood is drawn and centrifuged to remove the platelets. This plasma is then injected back into the tendon area to promote healing.
- Mechanical therapy: Conventionally, static stretching of the injured tendons was believed to repair the injury. However, this belief is slowly replaced with doing the exercise with resistance in place. This helps collagen synthesis and therefore helps in promoting the tendon injury. After the initial healing phase, slowly introducing heavy, slow resistance therapy helps build back muscle and improve strength.
- Tenex procedure: Traditionally, if all other measures for tendon repair failed, surgery would be the last resort. A large incision was made, through which the injured tendon would be accessed and repaired. Recovery would sometimes take months. With advancements, however, currently, a 3-mm incision is made, through which ultrasound image is used via probe. This probe removes the damaged tissue and the surrounding tissue is also debrided. This minimally invasive procedure takes about 20 minutes and recovery takes about 2 to 6 weeks.
The next time there is someone suffering from chronic tendon injury, try these innovative and less invasive ways. Treatment and recovery would be more effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I have pain in my front of legs. Whenever I start to run, it pains allot and when I touch that area then also it pains. Give me solution, so that I can run easily.
I have pain in body joint and weakness and tiredness in the whole body and some time numbness occur in hand and foot. Please suggest me what is the problem and which time body test I need to do.
I have pain in right leg from thigh to foot. Sometimes pain in left leg also .but more pain in right leg .I feel like my leg to be weak or may be calcium or vitamin deficit. Suggest me what to do?
I'm 18 years old I didn't have any beard and moustache in my face and there is no any identity to have beard in my face give the opinion and I will consider.
How much cost of beard transplant and I have very little hair in chin. Can I get a full beard. If after transplant I shaved then beard will continue growing.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Panchakrama Treatments: Panchakrama treatments like Vasti, Janu vasti, greeva vasti, kati vasti, elakizhi, podikizhi, pizhichil etc. are very useful treatments for Athritis. Small herbal pouches made of various herbs which are warmed in medicated oils are used to massage the entire body or specific areas like the back, neck, shoulders, hands and joints. It does away with pain to give you comfort and much strength A gentle, synchronized massage of up and down is carried out on all parts of the body other than the head with medicated oils. It is administered in seven standard positions, so that no area of the body is left uncovered. Cloth dipped in lukewarm medicated oil is squeezed over the patient’s body uniformly and then the oil rubbed smoothly over the body. This treatments can last for 7-21 days depending upon the severity of the arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain.