Salicylic Peel Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstruction of Smile Procedures
Revlite Laser Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Pityriasis Rosea Treatment
Ear Reconstruction Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Chin Reduction Treatment
Chemical Peel Treatment
Fat Injections (Transplant) Procedure
Submit a review for A A Centre for Skin & Cosmetic SurgeryYour feedback matters!
Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.
When to Consider Breast Augmentation-
- If you want a better proportioned or more appealing figure.
- If you wish your clothes fit better.
- When pregnancy, weight loss or aging has affected the size and shape of your breasts.
- To restore symmetry if one of your breasts is smaller than the other.
Breast enhancement surgery is mainly done using:
- Implants: While performing breast surgery using implants, the surgeon will make an incision, lift up the breast tissue, create a pocket in your chest, and place the implant there. Generally, the breast implants are of two types, namely silicone and saline. Although both implants consist of an outer shell made of silicone, the difference lies in the internal content of the implant. Saline implants contain sterile or saline water, whereas silicone breast implants are generally filled with silicone gel.
- Fat Transfer: For breast enhancement techniques using fat transfer, liposuction is used to take fat from a part of your body that generally has a higher content of fat. This includes the abdomen or the thighs. This extracted fat is processed and then inserted into the breasts.
The safety of the type of breast enhancements depends on:
- Ruptures: Ruptures are risks with both forms of breast implant. The ruptures may result due to surgical error or a fall. Rupture of a saline implant only results in the leakage of harmless and absorbable saltwater. On the other hand, rupture of silicone implants causes leakage of silicone that tends to remain in the body and sometimes, may spread out of the breast and into the nearby lymph nodes.
- Aesthetic Results: The look and feel of silicone breast implants is given more preference because they are similar to real breast tissues. Saline implants tend to cause rippling of the skin.
- Surgical Differences: Saline implants can be filled after implanting. Hence, they require a smaller incision as compared to pre-filled silicone implants. Additionally, adjustment of saline implants after surgery is possible. However, the standard size of pre-filled silicone implants cannot be altered.
- Eligibility: Age criteria for women undergoing breast enhancements using saline implants is 18 and above, while for silicone implants, the minimum age is 22.
- The individual is kept under observation for a few days post the breast enhancement surgery. The breasts are covered in gauze dressings for a week before the patient is discharged.
- After discharge, one is advised to wear a support bra for the first few weeks till the implants set in. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Causes, treatment and medications for Alopecia Areata
I am 17 year old a.d I suffer hair falling for 2 years itching also there and my hair become white this time I have very less amount of hair so please suggest me by which I prevent my hair loss and regrow hair dense on my head please help.
Does applying onion juice on scalp increases hair regrowth. And decrease hair fall. Please suggest any remedies for hair fall control. If hair fall is more than 100 per day.
Sir I have many scar in the back I am using anti scar cream many time but I cant get relief so I request you to please give me medicine and suggest me if you do this I always thankful to you.
I have acne on my face and I use a cream named acne star since 2 year but I dnt get rid out of it. You suggest me what can I do now?
Hey doc. I had sex with csw on previous year with protection and my protection didn't break after that I took a test and my reports come non reactive the test has been taken on 6 month after that my hair fall starts and lots of dandruff? Is there any relation between them? Describe your scalp? Not usually itchy Hair Type: Dry Do you have hair loss? No.
Sir can tretinoin cream be applied under eyes for keeping it free from wrinkles and somewhat dark circles.
I have hair fall problem. I am 24 years old. I don't have dandruff but hair fall problem. Can you tell how to stop hair fall. If treatment required then how much money need to spend approximately and do I need to take treatment continuously? Thanks in advance.
Hi meri age 24 hai mera hair fall ho raha tha to friends ne kaha k gel ki wajah se to maine gel lagana band kiya aur treatment kiya to hair fall ruka mujhe ye puchna tha k kya after shower agar hair ko lagaya to hair fall hoga?
Hi im 16 years old mojhe dark circles hai bohut dark hai. Maine bohut sari dermatologist ke paas gayi aur bahut creams 2 months use kari lekin kuch fark nahi hai epilight forte 500 mg bhi use kari kya yeh capsules acche hai ya sideffect hai please suggest me what should I do my har roz 9 hours sleeping karti hoon phir kya problem plzzzz suggest me.
I am a medical student. Since last year I am having excessive hair fall itching in scalp I even consulted a dermatologist but after completing my course of medicines. The hair fall came to the same level I want to know both diet and clinical treatment for this hair fall.
How to wash face with beer. My face is oily and lots of pimple, acne scare, are there so pls help me.
I'm a field engineer my skin is getting exposed to sun so I'm getting sun burnt and my skin tans more is there anything to avoid this.
The first thing to realize about tattoos is that the ink is placed in the dermis, which is the deeper layer of the skin. The dermis is where all the connective tissue lies that make up the structure of your skin. It is also the layer of skin that leaves a scar if damaged. Superficial damage to your skin can typically heal with little or no residual mark. However, when the deeper layers of the skin are damaged, the tissue cannot repair itself without leaving a scar. This is an important point to consider before getting a tattoo.
Because the ink is deep in the skin, there is no cream or ointment that can get rid of a tattoo without leaving a scar. Although there are no shortage of websites claiming to remove your unwanted tattoo by applying their special cream or ointment, it is known none of it is effective. It is not possible to bleach the pigment down deep without damaging the skin at the surface. Chemical treatments or acids that claim to get rid of tattoos could only do so by leaving a significant scar, like a third degree burn.
Lasers tattoo removal works best. It can eliminate a tattoo by targeting the pigment. Since different lasers target different ink colors, they can more effectively blast the tiny ink fragments.. The blast and destruction of the ink triggers your immune system to come in and clean up the spots, carrying the ink with it. Because the laser targets only the color, it is able to treat the tattoo that is deep in your skin while leaving the surface of your skin undamaged. Professional tattoos tend to use a higher quality ink in higher quantities, which makes complete tattoo removal difficult. If you decide to remove your tattoo, then make an appointment with a board-certified dermatologist who has experience with laser tattoo removal.