Doctor in Naveen advanced neuro care
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Naveen advanced neuro careYour feedback matters!
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. Talk to your doctor about it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
हमारे शरीर को तरोताजा और स्वस्थ फोटो बनाए रखने के लिए नींद का आना बेहद जरूरी होता है. आपने महसूस भी किया होगा कि सोने के बाद आदमी कई तरह के थकान और परेशानियों से अपने आप को मुक्त पाता है. इसलिए अनिद्रा की समस्या काफी गंभीर है. अनिद्रा से हमें थकान, टेंशन, सरदर्द, डिप्रेशन, आदि समस्याओं का सामना करना पड़ता है. अनिद्रा की बीमारी को आमतौर पर दो भागों में बांटा जाता है - एक्यूट और क्रोनिक. थोड़े समय के लिए होने वाली अनिद्रा को एक्यूट जबकि लंबे समय तक या सालों तक चलने वाली अनिद्रा को हम क्रोनिक के अंतर्गत रखते हैं. अनिद्रा की समस्या को हम दूर कर सकते हैं, लेकिन कैसे? यहां पर हम आपको कुछ घरेलू उपचारों के बारे में बता रहे हैं जिसके प्रयोग से आप अनिद्रा को काफी हद तक कम कर सकते हैं.
1. कैमोमाइल टी
कैमोमाइल टी का उपयोग प्राचीन काल से ही नींद को बेहतर बनाने की औषधि के रूप में किया जाता रहा है. आज होने वाले कई शोधों में यह देखा गया है कि इसमें मौजूद एपीजे नींद नामक योग्य इसके लिए जिम्मेदार है. इसलिए जब भी आपको अनिद्रा महसूस हो या ऐसा लगे कि नींद नहीं आ रही है. आपके मोबाइल का सेवन करें इसका स्वाद बनाने के लिए आप इसमें दालचीनी और शहद भी मिला सकते हैं.
2. मेथी का जूस
मेथी के जूस के नियमित सेवन से आप अनिद्रा की बीमारी को दूर कर सकते हैं. इसके लिए मेथी की ताजी पत्तियों को पीसकर इसका जूस बनाना चाहिए. इसके दो चम्मच जूस में दो चम्मच दो चम्मच शहद मिलाकर इसका सेवन करें.
3. एप्पल साइडर विनेगर और शहद
एप्पल साइडर विनेगर और शहद हमारे शरीर में मौजूद फैटी एसिड्स को तोड़कर नियासिन में परिवर्तित करने का काम करते हैं. इससे अनिद्रा की बीमारी को दूर करने में काफी लाभ मिलता है. इसके अलावा शहद इंसुलिन और से सेरोटोनिन के स्राव को बढ़ाकर नींद लाने में फायदा पहुंचाता है. यदि आप दो-दो चम्मच ऑर्गेनिक एप्पल साइडर विनेगर और शहद को एक गिलास गर्म पानी में मिश्रित करके सोने से पहले पिएं तो काफी लाभ मिलेगा. आप चाहे तो दो चम्मच एप्पल साइडर विनेगर को एक कप शहद में मिलाकर टॉनिक के रूप में भी रोज एक चम्मच ले सकते हैं.
जीरा हमारे पाचन शक्ति को बढ़ाने में काफी लाभदायक होता है. इसके अलावा यह नींद को भी ठीक करने का काम करता है. हमारे यहां प्राचीन काल से ही आयुर्वेद में नींद को बढ़ाने वाले औषधियों में जीरा का उल्लेख मिलता है. इसके लिए आप जीरा के चाय का सेवन कर सकते हैं या फिर केले को मसल कर उसमें एक चम्मच जीरा पाउडर मिलाकर रोज रात को सोने से पहले इसका सेवन करें. इससे आपको काफी लाभ मिलेगा.
केसर का सेवन हमारे लिए शांतिदायक गुणों में वृद्धि करने वाला होता है. यदि आप नींद के लिए इसका इस्तेमाल करना चाहते हैं तो केसर की दो लड़कों को एक कप गर्म दूध में मिलाकर रात में सोने से पहले इसका सेवन करें. ऐसा करने से आपको अनिद्रा की समस्या दूर करने में मदद मिलेगा.
6. गर्म दूध
अनिद्रा की समस्या में सबसे जरूरी होता है कि आपके दिमाग और शरीर को आराम मिले. दूध इस काम को बहुत अच्छे से कर सकता है. क्योंकि इसमें नियासिन एमिनो एसिड पाया जाता है जो कि नींद को बढ़ावा देता है. इसके बेहतर उपयोग के लिए आप एक कप गर्म दूध में एक चौथाई चम्मच दालचीनी पाउडर मिलाकर सोने की 1 घंटे पहले इसे पी लें.
जायफल का उपयोग हम प्राकृतिक निद्रा को बढ़ावा देने के लिए करते हैं. जाहीर इसमें शामक गुण होते हैं. एक चौथाई चम्मच जायफल के पाउडर को एक कप गर्म दूध में मिलाकर इसे सोने से पहले लें या फिर एक चौथाई चम्मच जायफल के पाउडर को एक कप गर्म पानी में मिलाकर भी ले सकते हैं. इसके अतिरिक्त एक चुटकी जायफल के पाउडर को एक चम्मच आवला में मिलाकर दिन में तीन बार लेने से भी अनिद्रा और बदहजमी में लाभ मिलता है.
8. हॉट बाथ
सोने से दो-तीन घंटे पहले हॉट बात लेने से भी अच्छी नींद आती है. इससे शरीर और तंत्रिका तंत्र को भी आराम मिलता है. यदि आप इसे और कार्य करना चाहते हैं तो पानी में कुछ बूंदें रामरस कैमोमाइल आयल लैवेंडर आयल आदि मिला दें.
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- An increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- Temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- A cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- Inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- If the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- For body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- Shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- Reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Doctor I have facial twitching on left side from. Past 4 months and more and now suddenly all things come black in front of eyes and sometimes whenever stressed out or tired my symptoms become more severe. I surf out net and this problem highlighted as hemifacial spasm but I am not sure add on I have teeth decays from past 20 years and my teeth needs root canal plus suggest me what is exact cause of it?
A lot of things can be done to cope with the initial stages of dementia. A person goes through a wide range of emotions such as fear, denial, frustration, and anger, post the diagnosis. Here is a list of tips that will help a patient with dementia to cope better:
- Physical health: For a dementia patient, it is very important to take care of one’s health. A good diet along with regular exercise and adequate rest is a prerequisite to manage this disorder.
- Regular check-ups: Regular medical check-ups with the doctor are necessary in this condition. Depression and other mental health problems should be discussed with a professional.
- Quit alcohol: Alcohol might give momentary pleasure from the misery, but it has long-standing implications. It reacts with the medicine and creates additional health and memory-related complications.
- Allocate time for difficult tasks: With time, it can become difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. The patient should accordingly schedule the time to perform the tasks which may be difficult to carry out. Adequate breaks should be taken while performing a task to avoid getting fatigued.
- Redefine work: If a patient is suffering from dementia is still working, it should be ensured that the work is more manageable from a desk. Planning an early retirement may be a good idea in order to cope with dementia.
- Be organised: Keeping track of things can get difficult with time. It, therefore, makes sense to organise all belongings systematically. Putting labels on doors and drawers also help.
- Continue pursuing your hobbies: Amidst the difficulty and the depression, it is a good idea to continue doing things that are fun. While such activities might require some assistance from the doctor and family members, this helps the patient to be cheerful and healthy.
- Maintain notes: Since dementia is involved with forgetfulness, it makes sense to maintain a diary and keep records of phone numbers, people, appointments, etc.
- Communication channel: Maintaining a direct communication channel with family, friends, and relatives is a good idea. Sharing feelings will go a long way in maintaining relations with loved ones.
- Support group: Joining a dementia support group can be highly beneficial for the patient. It will not only give the patient company but also make sure that the patient gets a lot of useful information about the disorder. It also helps in keeping the morale up.
- Getting ready for the future: Things need to be meticulously planned well in advance to ensure that when the disease progresses, the patient has enough people to look after him. Things such as medical arrangements, financial assets, and property details should be carefully handed over as per the patient's wish. This will ensure a smooth run of the patients’ life when they can no longer take care of themselves.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dear Doc, I am sensitive to herbal medicines which works on nerves. Whenever I took herbal medicine it shows some side effect nerves tightness in throat, indigestion insomnia heart beat bp. It is all regulate by nervous system. I took green tea to oxidise these negative effect since I heard green tea to be very effective antioxidant. But since I am sensitive it has worsen my condition I have become hypersensitive to medicine allopathy too. If I took any medicine it shows some effect on my nervous system. please suggest how to subside side effect caused by green tea. I am facing problem in staying sleep, digestion nerves at throat etc high bp (sometimes)
Sir, My friend is suffering from migraine and she frequently feel dizziness Even little exposure of her head to sunlight she starts feeling dizzy and have headaches Please help out I can't see her in pain and these sufferings Help me out so I can help her.
A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from migraine problem since last few months. Please give me some effective suggestions so that I can get rid of this problem.
A tumor is an uncontrolled and abnormal growth of cells. A brain tumor is thus an abnormal growth and multiplication of cells in the brain. The cell growth can also be in areas adjacent to the brain. The brain tumor may
- Have its origin in the brain (Primary brain tumor), or
- Its origin may be in some other parts or organs of the body, which gradually spreads to the brain (Secondary/metastatic brain tumor).
Not all brain tumors are harmful and life threatening.
Brain tumors that exist as noncancerous cell growths are known as Benign brain tumors. Benign brain tumors seldom pose any threat to life.
Brain tumors that are cancerous and, thus, harmful, are known as Malignant brain tumors.
Do not neglect any brain tumors (malignant or not). It is better to be safe than to be sorry.
Types of Primary brain tumors:
Based on its cell of origin, primary brain tumors (benign as well as malignant) may be of the following types:
- Meningiomas: Brain tumors that originate from the meninges (the membranes that cover the brain and the spinal cord). Meningiomas are seldom malignant.
- Acoustic Neuromas: A noncancerous cell growth that has its origin in the vestibulocochlear nerve (the eighth cranial nerve). This nerve connects the brain with the inner ear.
- Gliomas: Here, the tumor has its origin in the brain and the spinal cord (glial cells). This type of brain tumors, in most cases (~80%), are malignant.
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors (PNETs): Extremely rare, PNETs are malignant tumors that develop in the embryonic cells in the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Medulloblastomas is a malignant brain tumor that mostly affects children. It originates in the cerebellum (lower part of the brain).
- Craniopharyngiomas: A benign brain tumor that has its origin near the pituitary gland (base of the brain). Craniopharyngiomas are common in children.
Probability of a secondary brain tumor are more in people who have had;
The symptoms of brain tumor include:
- Chronic and regular headaches.
- A change in the headache pattern.
- A person may experience vision problems (Peripheral vision may be affected, double or blurred vision).
- There may be difficulty in hearing.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Behavioral and speech problems.
- An arm or a leg may lose sensation.
- A person has difficulty with balance.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Though brain tumor can affect anyone and everyone, its chances are higher in
- People who are more exposed to ionizing radiation. People having undergone a radiation therapy are equally vulnerable.
- Children as well as older people.
- People having a family history of brain tumors.
The diagnosis includes;
- An imaging test like the MRI, CT scan and PET (Positron Emission Tomography).
- Biopsy, whereby samples of the abnormal tissue is collected and examined.
- Neurological examination.
- Surgery is an effective treatment for brain tumors.
One can also opt for:
- Radiations, whereby the abnormal tumor cells are destroyed using protons and x-rays (high-energy beams).
- Chemotherapy: In this treatment, the tumor cells are destroyed using strong drugs (taken orally or intravenously).
- Targeted drug therapy: This treatment blocks the abnormalities that are characteristically present only in the cancer cells.
Hi, I am getting electric zaps throughout my body in this winter in kashmir, it never has happened before and this winter has been dry and coldest. But I get numb electric zaps from brain to toes sometimes. Please help me.
I am OCD and Insomnia sufferer. I am taking Flunil 40 mg daily. I was taking Zolfresh 10 mg daily for 1 month. Now I am wondering how long I can use Zopiclone 7.5 mg safely without being dependent on it?
Hi, stem cell therapy? What exactly is stem cell therapy and has that helped patients with MS? I have been diagnosed recently and undergoing treatment. Would like to know more about stem cell therapy.
Hi, I had one episode of seizure n was on eptoin 100 mg 1-1-1 since. Now dosage has been changed to 1-0-2 from 2 days. Sometimes I get a strong feel as if I am going to get seizure. Exactly like the aura what I had got during first episode. What should I do in such times. Also I did not have any further episode of seizure and my mri n eeg (on november 7 2017) was normal. Please advice
Sleep apnea is a disorder that affects nighttime breathing and is caused by either a malfunction in the brain that temporarily stops sending signals to the muscles that control breathing, or by an obstruction in the airway.
Causes of Sleep Apnea-
It occurs when muscles in the back of your throat relax, tonsillitis, adenoids, obesity, middle-aged, heart disease, stroke, sedative medicines, large neck circumference, large tongue etc.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea-
- Feeling of excessively sleepy during a day
- Lack concentration and low memory status
- Short temperament
- Hyperactive children
- Leg swelling
- Impotency in males
- Frequent waking up for urination in night
- Tiresome feeling in morning
Homeopathic Treatment of Sleep Apnea-
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat sleep apnoea but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for sleep apnoea treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines for Sleep Apnea are-
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum album is often prescribed for individuals who have breathing difficulties at night and is considered for people with a fearful, tense and agitated response to illness.
- Lachesis: Lachesis is a remedy prescribed for conditions that worsen at night. This medicine is designed for people who are typically fearful and anxious, but also prone to jealousy and excessive talking.
- Sulphur: By reputation, sulphur is a commonly prescribed homeopathic remedy, especially for nighttime congestion and sweating. Homeopathic sulphur combats a wheezy cough and congested head, both of which are suffered in sleep apnea.
- Spongia Tosta: This remedy for croup may help congestive sleep apnea sufferers as it treats respiratory symptoms that worsen when lying down.
Before taking these medications, it is important to visit the doctor who will take a detailed case history of your problem and prescribe the right dosage and combination of medication. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!