Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gorakhpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poonam Bala Baranwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam Bala BaranwalYour feedback matters!
Just one word Great..
Mam my age is 27 and I'm married. I'll try for pregnancy. Mam my periods date is 30 July last 4 days I have stomach pain and some time some blooding drops but my periods not come properly why? I have not any sign of pregnancy also. please reply.
I didn't had periods yet. Were due on 28 april. I Was trying for our second baby after 6 yrs of birth of my first child. My gynae is asking to get preg check regularly after week. I checked on 27april, 5 may but was negative. What should I do now? Should I go for usg for non mensturing or just get some medicine.
Pregnancy is a special period that every woman waits with bated breath. While the happiness and excitement are there, the health of the mother and baby are extremely important as well. Incidences of complications during pregnancy and childbirth are not new. Many pregnant women suffer from preeclampsia (high blood pressure often associated with the presence of proteins in the urine), and gestational diabetes, which, left attended can be risky for both the mother and the baby. Lack of awareness and proper guidance are often found to be the main contributors, affecting the maternal and fetal health during pregnancy. The NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) suggests that complications or not, all women should be under medical guidance and assessment during pregnancy.
Antenatal Care and Assessment has been a revelation ensuring that a woman enjoys a safe and healthy pregnancy sans any complications. There are regular health check-ups, diagnostic and screening tests and prenatal counseling for the pregnant women and their families. The initiatives have been truly noteworthy, bringing about a significant reduction in the incidences of miscarriages and other pregnancy-related complications.
What does Antenatal Care and Assessment include?
Each trimester brings about changes that need care and attention. The Antenatal Care involves assessing and guiding a pregnant woman and their loved ones as the pregnancy progresses through each trimester.
- The program aims at identifying the conditions that may pose a threat to the maternal and fetal health during pregnancy and work towards eliminating it.
- Medical conditions such as anemia, HIV infection, Sexually Transmitted infections, stress, and fatigue can spell doom, affecting the pregnancy beyond imagination. Thus, time and again, a pregnant woman is screened for the mentioned complications.
- The diet can play a crucial role during pregnancy. A pregnant woman should eat a nutritionally enriched diet as the fetus receives the nutrients directly from the mother. Antenatal care lays great emphasis on the diet of the pregnant woman.
- De-worming and immunization programs are carried out to immunize the mother and the baby against harmful infections, including, tetanus and malaria.
- Antenatal care is a complete package that includes prenatal as well as postnatal care and assessment so that the mother and the baby enjoy good health.
- Pregnancy brings about a new phase in the life of couples. While most couples accept the changes graciously, many find it difficult to cope with the situation. Thus, the program aims at counseling such couples both mentally as well as emotionally so that things get a less stressful and challenging. The program also educates the other family members and loved ones about prenatal and postpartum care and management.
Many women have benefitted immensely from the antenatal care and assessment programs, safeguarding the mother and the baby from various health problems. In fact, efforts are being made to aware and educate the rural India about the immense health benefits associated with the antenatal care.
She has recently got married almost 1month back on 8 march 2016. She had intercourse on marriage night & next day she got her menses. Flow was normal as regular for 5days. No other complaints. Now this month date was 9th again. &she didn't have menses yet. In between she had lot of cramps at 6th of this month but menses didn't come. She is fearing if she is pregnant. please help.
I got married in November. After my marriage my periods was normal. But since February I am not having proper periods. It's like spotting for two days only. My husband is not in india since Feb. Firstly I thought I am pregnant but I was not. So what should I do for regular and proper periods.
I have a unprotected sex with a guy I meet I mean gay. After some week I see some rashes a little bit on my body means 3 or more it's not itching but on face there is itching why is this.
Hi Doctor, I have missed my period. This is my 10 that day of my missed period. Last period date Sept 7.I have tested home pregnancy test on 8th day of my missed period. Now I'm feeling like me periods going to come. Symptoms like pimples, back pain and leg pain. Could you please tell me if it is possible that I'm pregnant?
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal Uterine Fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural Uterine Fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancy like tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal Uterine Fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated Uterine Fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you visit a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females.